[ 2 ]
    12% [12%] 

Total Votes: 17
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PVP Advice?

Post by ARSP on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm

I had my first PvP Match shortly after I got the game. I fought a guy who I think was a troll he was using Black Knight Armor with a Black Knight Great sword and a dark hand( I was level 6 or so at the time). I hit him it did 12 damage. I back stab 34 damage. To say the least he beat me senseless (but he didn't get any of my humanity ha) so I was wondering if you guys (or girls) have any advice for dealing with Players who have equipment much better than yours?

Projects Completed
    Spoiler:

"The outcome of any serious research can only be to make two questions grow where only one grew before"- Thornstein Veblen
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: PVP Advice?

Post by Forum Pirate on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:02 pm

My tie was in the catacombs against a +10 fire shotel, 1 hit was 2/3 of my health, used the iaitos range to chip at him untill the bleed triggered, he killed me as it did and we both died. so bleed. kicking of ledges works wonders too.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm

I got griefed by real griefers. this guy appears, One shot BS me with lightning claymore and leaves :|

(welcome to dark souls, brah)

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 pm

first one was a havel user with some random headgear (maybe a mask...) kept throwing anti estus talismans at me, i nearly killed him but i dodged off a ledge in the burg... he only had like 50 hp left and i was bleeding him good with my thief... that thief is gone now though cause i thought it would be a good idea to shoot the big raven at firelink....

Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm

I remember very well

Summon someone to help me beat the depths from the entrance, I had wanderer starting gear and he had knight starting gear. We were doing very well until that dude invades me. Sl 15 or 20. So we try to hide in that slime corridor and sundetly the dude appears and one shot us both with a lightning zweihander. I don't even remember his gear.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 pm

If I recall correctly, the first time I was invaded I was in Sen's Fortress (I always played human and always online, but early invasions were uncommon at the time). The guy was in full catarina with a drake sword. I was wearing parts of the crimson set and parts of the wanderer set, with a jagged ghost blade. He started running towards me down the first bladed area, and I cut him off halfway, forcing him to dodge the blades. I pursued him down the bladed path and ultimately nailed him with great combustion spam (yup, totally a noob maneuver, but it's really effective on narrow pathways where backstabbing is impossible).

I was also invaded in the depths, but I can't remember whether that was before or after the Sen's invasion. I died in the Depths invasion after falling into the giant rat pit (the invader and I were fighting above the rat pit). I think the invader was wearing the knight set and using a long sword.

Maybe I'm becoming an old man, but those were the good old days of early invasions. We were people in starter sets or really early sets duking it out without maxed pyro hands and +5 lightning claymores.

Dedicated forestwraith.
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm

I remember mine well, I walked into the forest human while farming the NPCs and after clearing all but the bandit was curious why there was a fog wall blocking the way out, and after a small debate I went and got the bandit as well and as soon as I did someone invaded me.

Didn't panic at first because I thought I would have time to finish the bandit off, but suddenly he appeared near me and I freaked out at having to deal with two guys. So I danced around in one of my finest moments, getting in alot of hits and taking very few myself, I get the guy about halfway down before my luck changes and the bandit gets a lucky hit in. It took a good amount of my health and threw it into his favor, and a few seconds later I missed a dodge and took a smack from the invader and died.

I don't always bask in the sun, but when I do I am grossly incandescent!

XBL(Silver) - Whknight009

Swift and True! Become a member of the Helpers Brigade!

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I died miserably. This was in DeS. I got it late, and many people had already been pvping for a long time.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 pm

My first invader I actually killed, technically. The first time I was invaded I was shooting the bridge Wyvern's tail when I got the message and had no clue what it meant. I went about my business until I heard footsteps, I turned to see a black phantom charging at me. I flipped out and just mashed buttons rolling as he did a running charge right off the bridge.

EDIT: Dealing with people like that will depend on where you are, practice makes perfect so doing PvP more often will help. The thing is until you get to Anor Londo they will have an unfair advantage, when you get to that point you need to make sure you are ugrading what you have. A lot of the early armors and weapons are actually very good if you keep ugrading them.
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Died.

Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 am

I don't think my first pvp match was my victory so much as gravity beat my opponent to a pulp. I had the Drake Sword so I think I scared him a little and he kept rolling away and eventually it was over a cliff so..... I voted tie.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 am

Countering griefers when their gear highly outmatch yours is difficult.
    Especially at low levels, i would assume it's next to impossible.
    I don't think i have any good advice really. Keep moving, dodging, fight and die with dignity and honor.

And feel free to message the griefer that you'll have your vengance soon enough.

First pvp encounter was actually pretty fun, i got the game the day it came out here in the EU. Got invaded at the Parish, the guy had the knight starting armour i think, and what looked like an Estoc or Balders side sword. Can't really remember. Fight was pretty aggresive, and me having the upper hand as the pyro, with firebawls. He managed to backstab me and i died.

My first encounter by a greifer was in the depths, got my face smashed in by a big tooth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am