Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
6 posters

Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO]

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO] Empty Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO]

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 am

In this 5th episode of "Juutas Must Die" I wanted to feature a midrolling build, so it was time to bring out THE DUKE!
    I'm fighting Shadowzack's whip/pyro build at the Solaire's sun view.

As always I hope you enjoy and leave your thoughts and insights of this video Proper Bow
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO] Empty Re: Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO]

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:46 am

Nice!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO] Empty Re: Juutas Must Die: Episode 5 - Shadowzack [VIDEO]

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:13 am

After 3 fights of watching that guy eat painfully slow telegraphed Oki attacks I just stopped. His inability to crit really showed, and his sparing use of pyromancy and heavy love for the whips jumping attack just left me wanting.

It was seriously painful watching him flounder with Flips and an allotment of pyromancy against not only a midroll but one of the slower weapons to boot.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 am

I still think that Duke needs his own series, against opponent who can bs though cause that seems to be his weakness.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Jansports wrote:After 3 fights of watching that guy eat painfully slow telegraphed Oki attacks I just stopped. His inability to crit really showed, and his sparing use of pyromancy and heavy love for the whips jumping attack just left me wanting.

It was seriously painful watching him flounder with Flips and an allotment of pyromancy against not only a midroll but one of the slower weapons to boot.

Haha, Shadowzack is still learning ;)not every player I feature is a stone cold pro.
    If with crit you mean critical? (or is my english failing me, lol!) he couldn't do critical hits because he was using whips big grin
    When it comes to midroll, it can really confuse some people since the backstep follow up and running attack has such a quick burst of speed and Shadowzack really got caught by them A LOT.
    Against a player that could've had chance to backstab me, I would've played more carefully of course happy

It's a shame you didn't enjoy this episode :Pmaybe next one is more to your liking (something completely different coming next).
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:43 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:I still think that Duke needs his own series, against opponent who can bs though cause that seems to be his weakness.

That is bound to happen soon winking
    I have pretty much experience with the Greataxe so I'm more than happy to get a "serious" fight too when using the Duke.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Yes by Crit I meant critical attacks, like BS/Riposte which are two of the bigger tools used commonly to fight against Ultra weapons and Midrollers with lots of the poise.

I guess I just felt like the video was you (smart sexy skilled) beating up on some guy I don't know who clearly was having issues with basic kinds of stuff.
    sciicers
    sciicers

Post by sciicers Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Jansports wrote:Yes by Crit I meant critical attacks, like BS/Riposte which are two of the bigger tools used commonly to fight against Ultra weapons and Midrollers with lots of the poise.

I guess I just felt like the video was you (smart sexy skilled) beating up on some guy I don't know who clearly was having issues with basic kinds of stuff.

You cannot do any critical attacks with whips, no riposte or backstabs unfortunately.
    I found it kinda funny how many times he got flattened by the jumping attack
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:33 pm

I AM AWARE OF THE NUANCES OF WHIPS AND THEIR INABILITY TO BACK STAB OR RIPOSTE.

The Fact that his opponent was using whips is in itself a downer, as critical attacks both backstabs and ripostes are among the more common answers to a mid rolling higher poise build with a slow swinging weapon.

Let me repeat myself some more.

The fact that Juutas' opponent could not even attempt to use strong, efficient and common counters to the weapon/armor Juutas is using makes the fights less interesting because Juutas is allowed to play in a much more reckless way than he would normally against an opponent who had the capacity to weapon swap to a goddamn chaos rapier.

Please can someone explain to me why the guy in the video using whips didn't use any critical attacks? I mean every weapon can backstab so why didn't he do?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Jansports wrote:Yes by Crit I meant critical attacks, like BS/Riposte which are two of the bigger tools used commonly to fight against Ultra weapons and Midrollers with lots of the poise.

Shadowzack just wanted so much the get featured in this series and I think his build is kinda cool :)could be used better, yes, but still cool (whips and heavy use of the fire whip).
    Did he pick a bit too challenging build for himself to use? yes, but I went with pretty soft build too big grin(Steel protection ring + 2 very bad armor pieces, midroll..)
    On the next episode it's me going with pretty challenging build and we'll just have to see what the outcome is winking
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Nothing against the guy personally or anything, it just didn't make for entertaining television.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Jansports wrote:I AM AWARE OF THE NUANCES OF WHIPS AND THEIR INABILITY TO BACK STAB OR RIPOSTE.

The Fact that his opponent was using whips is in itself a downer, as critical attacks both backstabs and ripostes are among the more common answers to a mid rolling higher poise build with a slow swinging weapon.

Let me repeat myself some more.

The fact that Juutas' opponent could not even attempt to use strong, efficient and common counters to the weapon/armor Juutas is using makes the fights less interesting because Juutas is allowed to play in a much more reckless way than he would normally against an opponent who had the capacity to weapon swap to a goddamn chaos rapier.

Please can someone explain to me why the guy in the video using whips didn't use any critical attacks? I mean every weapon can backstab so why didn't he do?

Because not everything is always about winning, people can have fun at times too, with less than optimal setups and tactics.
    His build doesn't rely on backstabs and you don't see me pulling backstabs on him either eventhough I easily could've punished him too, but that is not always a point in a friendly duel.
    If we are going to use that logic we can just ask ourselves "why didn't we both just swap to DWGR and spear?" its not always about min maxing.
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 pm

The problem here is that some people are taking it a bit too seriously. Regardless of any flaws either of them had regarding skill with their weapons, it looked like they were having fun and "just doing it" as they say. Also Juutas was using a greataxe, if his opponent wanted to even with a whip they could space him out properly due to the short range and punish every single attack he threw with patience, but that would make for a very dull video wouldn't it.

Anyway, props for using the great axe Juutas it's my favorite strength weapon, I love swapping between it and the BK halberd on my mid roller. Also I'm going to try and make my own whip pyro because a buffed whip just looks cool, even if it's only resins.
    I'll probably hide a silver tracer in my back pocket though winking
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Devokai wrote:The problem here is that some people are taking it a bit too seriously. Regardless of any flaws either of them had regarding skill with their weapons, it looked like they were having fun and "just doing it" as they say. Also Juutas was using a greataxe, if his opponent wanted to even with a whip they could space him out properly due to the short range and punish every single attack he threw with patience, but that would make for a very dull video wouldn't it.

Anyway, props for using the great axe Juutas it's my favorite strength weapon, I love swapping between it and the BK halberd on my mid roller. Also I'm going to try and make my own whip pyro because a buffed whip just looks cool, even if it's only resins.
    I'll probably hide a silver tracer in my back pocket though winking

Thanks, usually I have something fast as a back up with my Greataxe (like PGS or rapier) for some quick attacking too, but since he was using the whip ONLY I thought that it would just be fair to go with slow weapon only happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm