"The downloadable content could not be autheticated. Artorias etc. will not be used."

ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

"The downloadable content could not be autheticated. Artorias etc. will not be used."

Post by ChizFreak on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:24 pm

WTF? I just turned on my PS3, last time I used it was like 3 months ago, and I find this. What should I do? Also all the themes I downloaded of my PS3 have the default name "Theme", and when clicked throw the error "This system must be activated with the account that purchased this content before it can be used".

I think this is related to the issue with the DLC. I tried to activate the system (although I never had to do that before) in Account Managment>System Activation but it throws me the error 80029780. Internet told me this error happens when "the systems of a PSN account are activated/deactivated 15 times in less than 24 hours", that makes even less sense. Fearing my account may have been stolen, I changed the password. Still it's very strange, maybe Playstation Plus' feature about turning your system automatically and downloading **** messed up? maybe my account was indeed stolen and someone downloaded my games?

Anyone has any experience with this error?

Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Re: "The downloadable content could not be autheticated. Artorias etc. will not be used."

Post by Back Lot Basher on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Funny you mention this.  I haven't had this happen the way you describe, but I put my Xbox copy in this morning and it took forever to authenticate the content.  I waited so long I thought the console had locked.  Never happened before.  I had my PS3 copy in yesterday, but no problems.  I'll let you know if either of them craps out.

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 pm