Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Dibsville
Muker
Latitoast
Animaaal
StiffNipples
Green__Eagle
bla
Back Lot Basher
GrinTwist
Exclusive
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
Reaperfan
17 posters

Anyone ever done a "bows only" playthrough?

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone ever done a "bows only" playthrough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone ever done a "bows only" playthrough?

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:20 am

But it is satisfying to use their own weapons against them. Kind of sounds like a new challenge run, eh?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Anyone ever done a "bows only" playthrough? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone ever done a "bows only" playthrough?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:44 pm

The DLC ended up being a mixed bag of success and struggles in my quest for bows-only.  Manus and Artorias...just couldn't do it alone, and had to summon help.  They were so aggressive that timing a shot was tough.  Probably can be done, but I just didn't have the patience or timing.  The guardian was easy.  Kalameet surprised me.  I got him solo on my first try.  For a ranged attack, he was one of the easier bosses.  Just a lot of dodging and follow up.  Whereas Manus and Artorias had such an agressive follow up after my dodge, Kalameet was a bit slower, plus I had all kinds of space to work with.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:21 pm

I hadn't done anything with this playthrough for a bit, but took on the Kings last night.  Kind of anticlimactic, though, since it was more or less just a DPS race.  From that range the kings never really posed a physical threat.  My biggest issue was making sure I killed them fast enough to keep from getting swarmed.  Composite Bow +15, Large Arrows, Hawk Ring and PW made pretty quick work of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am