Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Reaperfan
Exclusive
AnCapaillMor
Green__Eagle
SirTigerMuffin
9 posters

Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way

SirTigerMuffin

Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way Empty Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way

Post by SirTigerMuffin Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:30 am

So today, I decided to find out what the best farming methods for farming TT was, and I have found the best way to do it. From 20 runs, I ended up with 52 TT, about 150,000 souls and 26 purging stones.

This means about 80 TT in the space of 30 mins work.

Here's how I got to it.

Needed Equipment
    Covetous gold serpent ring, the Symbol of Avarice and 10 humanity. This maximizes the chance of finding TT and purging stones.

Explanation
    After killing Seath, the clams outside his area are amazing. They drop 1000 souls each, but wearing the Symbol of Avarice, they are increased to 1200. This means each run, you will get 7,200 each run. This is an okay soul farming method on its own, as it doesn't take long to run in, call all the clams and run back to the bonfire again. 

After Farming
    The purging stones help add up total souls, by feeding them to Frampt, for 1000 each. And using the extra souls made from killing the clams, this helps to buy even more TT from the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo.

After feeding my extra Purge stones to Frampt, and spending all the souls I earned, I ended up with 73 TT for about 30 mins work.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way Empty Re: Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:39 am

Doesn't the silver ring stack? I've been wearing this ring almost constantly for 20% more souls, I think.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way Empty Re: Farming Twinkling titanite: The right way

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:45 am

Symbol of avarice doesn't stack item discovery with the gold serpent ring, but pretty sure it does stack souls gain with the silver. so you could get more there again.
    SirTigerMuffin

Post by SirTigerMuffin Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 am

Then there we go, even more TT! Thank you guys Praise the Sun
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:51 am

Item discovery gets capped at 10 humanity and gold ring.  I don't think the game lets it go higher anyway.

Edit:  That being the case, you might indeed opt to wear silver ring and use avarice, getting more total yield via additional souls.

Last edited by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exclusive Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 am

Nice farming method, I normally just buy TT from the Giant Blacksmith but this way would be a lot cheaper. happy
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:52 pm

All item discovery effects stack with each other. The problem is that it only takes 2 of the effects to reach the hard cap for the item discovery stat. 10 Humanity and Gold Ring, 10 Humanity and SoA, SoA and Gold Ring, SoA and 10 Humanity, etc. Any combination of 2 of the 3 boosts will reach max discovery. Using all 3 at once is overkill though.

I typically prefer to just farm souls to buy them from the Giant Blacksmith, but if you can kill the clams quickly I can see this being faster, especially if you use all souls gained from killing them towards buying more as well.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I usually just pvp until I have x souls and go spend them on something such as TT.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm pretty sure boosted pyros can 1-shot the clams, so farming them shouldn't be too challenging. 

Lightning Zwei +5 2h r2 will not kill them, but it will flatten/stun them long enough to follow up with another that will.

Dusk/bellowing sorceries can dusk/firstborn miracles can probably manage it too.

2h hammer r1s hitstun them, so you can stun lock them as long as you fight 1 at a time and kill them easily that way too.

Really most builds shouldn't have much trouble farming them quickly from seath's bonfire.
    TheBlackWaltz
    TheBlackWaltz

Post by TheBlackWaltz Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 am

If you need Twinkles earlier in the game the same tactic works in Ash lake as well, although it will take longer. Just use the Bonfire near the bottom of the Hollow tree, run around to the two clams there, kick their ***, rinse and repeat. happy
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 am

I think farming clams from Seath's bonfire was known for pretty long...
    Bad memories of when i didn't get BK weapons and shield until the Kiln, and wanted to upgrade them all...

As for souls, i farm the phalanx in the Painted World, with Symbol of Avarice and Silver ring, i can get up to 20k souls (NG+) each 30 seconds

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am