Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
WarriorOfSunlight
User
Robotech
RANT
Reaperfan
Darkson
Yukon
befowler
skarekrow13
Akatik
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
White Mamba
Soltaire's Child
CoonDog17
19 posters

Petrus of Thorolund

Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 Empty Re: Petrus of Thorolund

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Hey hey hey hey! What did Petrus ever do to you actually? Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 3596227959
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Specifically?

The first time we met he gave me a penny (.01 cent for non-canadians) to leave him alone, he wouldnt let me buy spells from him until I joined his little club.

He disposed of reah before I could get anything from her.

and his laugh keeps me up at night.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4GFsXvJmxc&t=11m46s
    Brr...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 pm

He neither ever asked you for something, nor did he harm you in any way.

Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 3596227959

It's just that I'm no faith build so I don't really care about Reah. Or anything she or Petrus has to offer. :roll:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I've never made a faith build either, but there was that one trophy I needed reah for haha.

Personally I just get a really weird vibe from him, I did from the first time I met him. Maybe its a deep-seeded hate of all things bowl cut.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:17 pm

I still believe it's a hollowed melon he's wearing on his head.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

My black paladin knew he was going to kill Reah, and just let him do it. It's the passive aggressive evil that works best.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

you have learned well from nito i see.

also, acidic the gloves and legs of his armor look identical to the version patches sells, ist only the chest piece that seems different.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 am

I find Oswald's description of Petrus (followed by his maniacal laugh) so hilarious.

In my opinion, I agree with Oswald and Patches, the guy is scum. In real life I would kick him in the face.
    CoonDog17

Post by CoonDog17 Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:05 am

He is not scum. Killing the broad who sells Wrath of the Gods, one of the game-breaking miracles should be considered heroic.

Show a bit more enthusiasm, people.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 am

CoonDog17 wrote:He is not scum. Killing the broad who sells Wrath of the Gods, one of the game-breaking miracles should be considered heroic.

LOL XD that's a good thought XD
    Can anyone please tell me what Oswald says about Petrus?
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 am

CoonDog17 wrote:He is not scum. Killing the broad who sells Wrath of the Gods, one of the game-breaking miracles should be considered heroic.

Game breaking?

Hardly.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:16 pm

aceluby wrote:

Game breaking?

Hardly.

It's pretty tough to deny the fact that it's a dominating mechanic in the game, and considered one of the, if not the, best spell in the game.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:40 am

LOL very good point actually big grin

CoonDog17 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Game breaking?

Hardly.

It's pretty tough to deny the fact that it's a dominating mechanic in the game, and considered one of the, if not the, best spell in the game.

I (and I think most people) totally agree with that.

But if I'm allowed to speak for Ace, I'm pretty sure he doesn't deny that at all (he just can't) and does agree too, I think he just wanted to point out that the spell doesn't completely ruin the game for him though... As you can learn to deal with WoG spammers I guess...

I guess. Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 3358384175 Sorry if I got that wrong.

Anyway, it's still ridiculously overpowered in my oppinion. Very fast, strong, stamina draining, with a knock back/stun effect... yeah, just saying.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 pm

so i guess that in the same sence it would be heroic to make the knights in anor londo use shortbow's instead of dragonslayer bow's because there are many complaints that players can not go past the bridge... or perhaps it would be even more heroic to nerf the whole game all together and make this game suck.... what do you say? Oh and last time i killed gwyn it took me 15 tries or so, lets nerf him also. :idea: :p
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Robotech wrote:

so i guess that in the same sence it would be heroic to make the knights in anor londo use shortbow's instead of dragonslayer bow's because there are many complaints that players can not go past the bridge... or perhaps it would be even more heroic to nerf the whole game all together and make this game suck.... what do you say? Oh and last time i killed gwyn it took me 15 tries or so, lets nerf him also. :idea: :p
    Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 2707236321

What is this?!

NO, it is not "in the same sense"!!! WTH? What does this stupid overstated crap have to do with how the game is balanced??? I hope with your listless "parody" you don't want to tell me that a balanced gameplay is not even necessary in an RPG??? Or in any game generally?

All the crap you typed there is not even relevant, not even a bit, it has nothing to do with anything CoonDog was stating, and besides all that, you have no reason to flame like that.

I'm sorry, but ignorant and unfunny posts like this just put me into rage :x I hate people who only post replies to make others look stupid.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Darkson wrote:

LOL very good point actually big grin

CoonDog17 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:Game breaking?

Hardly.

I (and I think most people) totally agree with that.

But if I'm allowed to speak for Ace, I'm pretty sure he doesn't deny that at all (he just can't) and does agree too, I think he just wanted to point out that the spell doesn't completely ruin the game for him though... As you can learn to deal with WoG spammers I guess...

I guess. Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 3358384175 Sorry if I got that wrong.

Anyway, it's still ridiculously overpowered in my oppinion. Very fast, strong, stamina draining, with a knock back/stun effect... yeah, just saying.

Actually, this is not what I'm saying. I'm saying its not the best spell in the game, period. Maybe 'one of the', but if you count buffs then I'd completely disagree... it might make the top ten though.

Fact is that this spell is only dominating for people who tank or are backstab fishers, two things that 'should' be punished if you have the ability to. There's only 3 casts per slot, it's dodgeable, it can be blocked, and compared to other spells the damage is not overwhelming.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey now everyone.....you're falling into Petrus' trap as we speak. By squabbling like this over Rhea's ultimate miracle we're making her sad and lonely just as Petrus wanted. By isolating her she'll never be able to tattle that he took off on her in the catacombs and left her for dead. 'There, there Rhea....it'll be ok. I know, I know....hush now....I know some people don't like Wrath of the Gods but you can't take it personally. I know....you just wanted to help."
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Oh... I'm very sorry Ace :oops: I guess I was just being too arrogant.

Anyway :oops: ... it's just that I most of the time experienced it to do relatively high damage to me if I'm not blocking... with the crest shield... and a lot of stamina drain... then I guess those are just people who dumped a lot of points into faith...?

I'll stop my pointless complaining now.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Darkson wrote:
    Robotech wrote:

Petrus of Thorolund - Page 2 2707236321

What is this?!

NO, it is not "in the same sense"!!! WTH? What does this stupid overstated crap have to do with how the game is balanced??? I hope with your listless "parody" you don't want to tell me that a balanced gameplay is not even necessary in an RPG??? Or in any game generally?

All the crap you typed there is not even relevant, not even a bit, it has nothing to do with anything CoonDog was stating, and besides all that, you have no reason to flame like that.

I'm sorry, but ignorant and unfunny posts like this just put me into rage :x I hate people who only post replies to make others look stupid.

You can cry as much as you want about wog, twop, dwgring, havel armor/mask rolling dudes, BKGA users, lagstubbers, turtles, bowstubbers, moders, campers, griefers, duping, glitchers and so on, nothing will change, so i personally dont give a damn. I will go with aceluby on this, wog is not game breaking, it is perfectly dodgeable, and just increases the challenge and distinguishes good players from bad players. So my suggestion to you would be to stop the crying, man up and learn to overcome every imbalance this game might have with skill or otherwise go play some more.. balanced game. Oh and another suggestion... mind your language
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 pm

This is a thread about an NPC not 'cheap pvp spells' everyone chill out and go back to playing games.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah.......Let's back to bowl cut/melon head references on this thread. Perhaps Petrus doesn't like Rhea because she's also the hair stylist of Thorolund and she jacked his up.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Sorry people, in no way I wanted to ruin this thread, but I would like to make one more attempt to defend myself. Skip this if you're tired of me, and feel free to vote down my reputation if you want me to be quiet.
    Spoiler:

Thank you people for still acting all mature and such, and again, sorry from my side. Just ignore me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am