Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Yukon
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Maneater_Mildred
ARSP
berkut
User
Carphil
nsane32
Serious_Much
Tolvo
JohnnyHarpoon
Reaperfan
PlasticandRage
Forum Pirate
18 posters

Anyone care to explain?

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Anyone care to explain? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone care to explain?

Post by User Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Really? I didn't know that. Aw well, Fonies would have been the next choice right, since its Bronies with an F instead of a B. Pegasis makes sense (but their not horses nor ponies... their flying mythical horses)... wait, do the people of My Little Pony have wings? Don't answer, please.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Acidic_Cook wrote:Fonies

Incorrect. A female member of the herd is a Pegasis happy

Cool im in then.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

@Reaper, lots of anime. FMAB, Soul eater, bleach, bodacious space pirates, eureka 7, samurai champloo, cowboy beebop, outlaw star, ghost it the shell, Dragon ball, DBZ, pokemon (kanto and jhoto), trinity blood, kiki's delivery service, howls moving castle, the list goes on, thats just of the top of my head.

@Serious, lol, i ment that i love many things "real" men would find intolerable. ex: i own the incredibles& cars, read the animorphs, watch teen titans. You get the idea, i generally prefer lighter hearted stuff where the good guys win. I've never worn a pirate costume in my life.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Thats a shame, me, my brother and nephew (same age as me) once dressed up and did little plays for our parents including things like Star Wars, Power Rangers and others.

Damn I was an awesome kid. silly

Also there is nothing wrong with owning some pixar films, I really enjoyed the incredibles personally lol!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Really? I didn't know that. Aw well, Fonies would have been the next choice right, since its Bronies with an F instead of a B. Pegasis makes sense (but their not horses nor ponies... their flying mythical horses)... wait, do the people of My Little Pony have wings?

Another conveniently edited quote! Yes some of them have wings. Pegasi are one of the three main species of ponies in the MLP universe, the other two being Unicorns and Earth Ponies. I guess you can't really tell because I only zoom in on the face but Fluttershy (who I've been using as my avatar since the old forums happy) is actually a pegasus.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm

No, I could not really tell. Sorry, i don't knwo the show a lot. I don't frown upon what you choose to follow, as what you choose to follow is your own business. It is a curious thing that such ponies are being a topic of popularity in the internet... but it is better than other sorts of groups in terms of 'ethics', which I am not a fan of.

Plus, it gives me excuse to post some awesome robot chicken stuff. Good for comedy. Should post the unicorn one soon... I got about three of em. Ow, and the black stallion. But I am busy, only for a brief discussion while I make some long editations and additions to my... collection.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Thats a shame, me, my brother and nephew (same age as me) once dressed up and did little plays for our parents including things like Star Wars, Power Rangers and others.

Damn I was an awesome kid. silly

Also there is nothing wrong with owning some pixar films, I really enjoyed the incredibles personally lol!

I think certain ones are overrated (Toy Story 3, for instance), but overall Pixar's scripts are tight as *** and quite well-written/structured.

Toy Story 3 I don't like because I think it's just a tad manipulative of the viewer, trying to force a feeling upon them as opposed to merely letting a story unfold and having the viewer have emotions of their own (sort of the same problem I had with the opening montage of Up). Still, movies like the original Toy Story, Monster's Inc., and The Incredibles are really well done, at least in my opinion.

A friend of mine actually said once that he wished big-budget super-hero movies would try to be more like The Incredibles and try less to be like The Dark Knight, which I completely agree with - that's not to say TDK isn't an awesome film, but it's structure is unique, which is why it stands out and is nearly impossible to emulate (at least successfully). The Incredibles is less innovative per se, but utilizes a per-existing formula really well.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Ya I loved the old cartoon movies like all dogs go to heaven or the land before time it's not pixar or disney but they are good old films
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 am

ghost in the shell ftw! also soul eater ftw! and all but two studio ghibli movies ftw! (ponyo and the newest one in japan aren't that good imo) and lastly trinity blood FTW! and have any of you watched the .hack series? or (mostly) for the ladies; kuroshitsuji?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:31 am

parts of .hack, and i have no idea what kuroshitsuji is. I just haven't felt like undertaking .hack yet, it takes forever to get things to run on my ps3.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:33 am

I always thought pegasus was a male... even the wiki article refers to it as "he" why do you choose that term?

Also, I loved kiki's as a kid. I must have rented that movie about 10 times as a kid and watched it back to back all the time. Have you watched princess mononoke ? That and kiki's were two of my favorite anime movies. I never really got into watching his other stuff though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 am

kuroshitsuji translates to "black butler' personally i'd say its more of a ladies anime for the (hinted at) relation ship between the demonic butler and the other main character only reason i tossed it out is it came to mind and my sister is a devoted fan of the series. actually i haven't beenwatching much anime lately due to dark souls so.. know any good ones?
    my favorit studio ghibli movies are:
    1; princess mononoke
    2;nausicaa and the valley of the wind
    3;castle in the sky
    4;spirited away
    5;howls moving castle
    6; porco rosso (when i was little and loved airplanes)
    etc...
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:00 am

Yukon wrote:I always thought pegasus was a male... even the wiki article refers to it as "he" why do you choose that term?

Haha, that is a very good point. It is true, in Greek mythology the Pegasus was male.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:
    1; princess mononoke

I do think, objectively speaking, Princess Mononoke is the best Miyazaki.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 am

You Guys should see Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle those are great Anyone care to explain? - Page 3 3207319737 big grin
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Magic *snort* *snort*
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Yukon wrote:I always thought pegasus was a male... even the wiki article refers to it as "he" why do you choose that term?

It's true that in the original mythological incarnation it was a singular male winged horse, but the MLP universe treats it more as a "race" of ponies who happen to have wings.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:33 pm

@ lizard, Eureka 7

@everyone else,the things based on actual mythology are almost always wildly inaccurate anyways so i've found its usually best to just accept it as the series lore.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm

eureka 7, i'll look it up! thanks.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 pm

While i'm at it can you recommend any? The kinds i tend to go for are light hearted without being straight comedy &/or the stylized action heavy &/or subtle and nuanced (think the politics in trinity blood or deathnote in general), but good characers are the most important. Code geass is interesting but i hated almost everyone in it so i'll never watch it again, and despite being fairly slow, eureka 7 is by far my favorite, followed by Full Metal alchemist brotherhood and soul eater.

Its all tv& drawn so i don't think this counts as a derailment.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:29 pm

hmm.. You might wanna look into Mirai Nikki (still being aired so not complete but not too far off), you could delve into darker things with Monster (my fave, it's complete genius.) and Aoi Bungaku.

Another fairly light hearted one (though anime isnt as a good as manga) is Elfen Lied.

At a stretch on the shonen area is Fairy Tail or Rave Master. I've only read the manga so can't say for quality of animes but it's certainly they're nice all round things (rave master has set story while fairy tail is more jumping around kind of deal, personally i think rave is better)

not sure how helpful my lists will be though since you seem to have far different preferences to what I have silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Never heard of the first 2 so i'll have to look them up, heard of but haven't seen monster, really liked elfen leid but the senseless graphic violence early on bothered me a touch (its not that i cant stomach senseless violence, its that i find it rather depressing to see people pay so dearly for being in the wrong place @ the wrong time)
    I also really like fairy tale for what it is and have heard of but haven't seen rave master but i think thats like the 3rd time its been recommend to me & i just remembered it. have to check that out.
    Thnx.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 am

i have elfin lied ost's on my i pod, but i always get too sad to watch the last few episodes. also... look around for guilty crown (probably only on the internet and subbed) and nurariyhon no mago (probably spelled the first part wrong...) and... damn can't remember the name... just that is a demon/detective aggency thing... main characters name is neuro i think (been a while since i've seen it so..) and this ones on hulu for sure and thus probably else where too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 am

Just watch Cowboy Bebop again, what more is needed? silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 am

Alright, time for everyone to explain something to me, and brace yourself, this may seem like a much more alien concept than even ponies, but...

I don't get what's so special about Cowboy Bebop. I tried to watch it and it never felt coherent. Sure each episode was interesting and well made, but I realized there was a bigger story going on and each time it came on it never seemed to progress through it at all until what was obviously the last episode. I never understood what made it so much more special than any other sci-fi/action-oriented show I've seen.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:46 am

haven't seen any of it so i can't dispute or really discuss this anime. what animes do you like reaperfan?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:20 am