Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Forum Pirate
jimmyc0341
Devokai
billy_bayonet
Saturday-Saint
reim0027
SirArchmage
LunarFog
Phoenix Rising
SadPanda
15 posters

"New" Techniques, Work Great Against New Players

Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

"New" Techniques, Work Great Against New Players - Page 2 Empty Re: "New" Techniques, Work Great Against New Players

Post by Devokai Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 pm

TooLeet wrote:I still have yet to be able to reverse roll with a ps3 controller.

My hands don't work like that.

I really wouldn't worry about it. I play against randoms who attempt them and I've never been caught by what they're intended for, which is quicker roll stabs. They just kinda look like fish out of water flopping around the place willy nilly while I look on and just ask myself "....why?"
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

"New" Techniques, Work Great Against New Players - Page 2 Empty Re: "New" Techniques, Work Great Against New Players

Post by Leet Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Yeah. I haven't put too much effort into it because like you said, i have yet to see someone do it.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:33 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Why are you bothering to share techniques to defeat newer players?

"Don't suck" is more than enough to kill newer players, no special technique is necessary. You already have a massive advantage in skill and knowledge, what chance did they ever really stand?
    I think this is less a, "technique to beat new players," and more like a, "technique to style all over new players."
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:so how bout some ones against good players? any one have any that aren't ridiculously complex exploit dependant bs fishing by another name? (seriously I find this sort of thing annoying, almost every "trick" depends on an exploit like toggle escape or is a glorified version of bs fishing, at least that I've encountered...)

is deadangling still considered to be an exploit?

If it isn't anymore people are kidding themselves

I remember that there was a big debate about whether FROM intended deadangling to be in the game or not. Was wondering if anything had changed since i last stepped out of the off-topic section. Apparently that is not the case.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:56 am

Spurgun wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    Spurgun wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:so how bout some ones against good players? any one have any that aren't ridiculously complex exploit dependant bs fishing by another name? (seriously I find this sort of thing annoying, almost every "trick" depends on an exploit like toggle escape or is a glorified version of bs fishing, at least that I've encountered...)

is deadangling still considered to be an exploit?

If it isn't anymore people are kidding themselves

I remember that there was a big debate about whether FROM intended deadangling to be in the game or not. Was wondering if anything had changed since i last stepped out of the off-topic section. Apparently that is not the case.

In fairness spur, thats just my personal opinion- but when you look at it, it just doesn't look right at all, looks like it hits the shield but it bypasses it- I can't imagine FROM would want that to have been the case, maybe it is but we just don't and can't know
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:03 am

There were good arguments for both sides, but i'm not gonna bother starting that debate again.

OT: I haven't played DkS in a long, long time so i don't have a new techniques. But something that worked very well when i still played was just being very aggressive. Most players don't know how to respond when they're constantly forced backwards, and because of that they make mistakes.
    Good players can just turn that aggression right back at you though (mostly with parries/BS) but if you're good enough you can deadangle them (BSing a good deadangler is hard, and parrying him is even harder).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm