Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Thuggernaut
Ephexis
Serious_Much
passivefamiliar
Noob-of-Artorias
Myztyrio
Shakie666
steveswede
phastings
Cronotis
Senthra
15 posters

NEW Dark Souls 2 Gameplay! *Comic-Con*

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

NEW Dark Souls 2 Gameplay!  *Comic-Con* - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Dark Souls 2 Gameplay! *Comic-Con*

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 pm

I read most of these posts, and idt any of you considered that the new director was a huge part of the Monster Hunter series. You know how many i-frames are in those games? Almost none. Like, 3 to 6 frames. That's a HUGE reduction from what we have in DkS. 

Another aspect of dodging in DkS2 is the fact that being lighter doesn't only mean FASTER dodging, but FARTHER dodging, which means this reduction of i-frames rewards lighter players in a new, different, and, IMO, exciting way. Also, I'm guessing you can get maxed i-frames by being lighter, and the i-frames don't start until about mid-way through the roll. Reaction dodges are going to be gone, and you'll have to time them all perfectly by knowing what you'll be doing ahead of time. 

Also, while many of you have mentioned that the shield bashing helps break shields, I'll also guess that your stamina will be used up easier in this game, in order to balance out dodging and blocking. While blocking may be safer to use at first, dodging at the right moment to get out of the danger to recharge stamina will be very important. 

Also, PvP is impossible to predict. Who knows what'll happen, and have we even SEEN a spear yet? Halberd, yes, but we have yet to see how fast and effective spears are in this game, and thus predicting how dodging will be in PvP is sketchy, at best.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

NEW Dark Souls 2 Gameplay!  *Comic-Con* - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Dark Souls 2 Gameplay! *Comic-Con*

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 pm

actually the director just shares a name with the monster hunter guy, they aren't the same person last I checked...
    Mireneye

Post by Mireneye Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Minfuck! what if the shield is then obtainable from the boss-soul and you can use it to summon people into your world to fight with you?

Sounds very fromsofty.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:56 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:actually the director just shares a name with the monster hunter guy, they aren't the same person last I checked...

That is very true. I guess my jump back into dark souls didn't get the whole correct picture. Why all the youtube videos didnt mention the mistake, I don't know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 am