Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Demon Slayer
Ghadis_God
6 posters

BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion?

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion? Empty BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion?

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 pm

http://mmdks.com/36q1

You're the fire god, you wear the sun on your head and barely anything on your masculine red chest. The red is very important. You like burning things alive, so you go into people's worlds and sacrifice them... to yourself. Hardcore. When your fire runs out you have a nasty curved sword (curved the wrong way, oh yeah) to slice them up with. It's like you're an Egyptian god or some sh*t. Oh wait, you probably are. Go give 'em hell. Literally. Cause, like, you use fire and stuff.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion? Empty Re: BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion?

Post by Demon Slayer Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 am

This is....surprised
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion? Empty Re: BafBaf! Do You Like... Burning With Such Passion?

Post by LunarFog Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm

And he I was thinking that I was the only fragile god.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I prefer the term "glass cannon" thank you very much.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Reminds me of the thread "my favorite sword is great combustion" lol.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 am

Ghadis_God wrote:I prefer the term "glass cannon" thank you very much.

Oh don't worry.  I prefer the term glass cannon too.  We should really find a god that's more durable though.  Otherwise the mortals might get ideas that we're frail.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 am

>Masculine
    >Fast rolling

Those don't mix at all fairy boy.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=254535007176888171

That is a build that is masculine. I call it the universal manly cosplaying build, nothing fast rolls, and you can cosplay just about anything that carries an axe, sword, or hammer that's just as big as the wielder. Comes with Iron Flesh to boot for supreme tanking abilities.

What's your little pyromancy gonna do to Havel's Greatshield, boy?
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 am

Latitoast wrote:>Masculine
    >Fast rolling

That is a build that is masculine. I call it the universal manly cosplaying build, nothing fast rolls, and you can cosplay just about anything that carries an axe, sword, or hammer that's just as big as the wielder. Comes with Iron Flesh to boot for supreme tanking abilities.

What's this?  Needing a SL 100 to beat a 55 big grin?

Fatroll out of THIS! http://mmdks.com/37ep

Good ole' TWoP --> Tempest <3.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:17 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=241477596694281478
     big sweaty guy with a burnt piece of metal = nullified pyro. gl sword for dead angling bs attempts, and shotel because turtles (lightning because there is no spell counter to lightning damage and very few armors resist it.)
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=241477596694281478
     big sweaty guy with a burnt piece of metal = nullified pyro. gl sword for dead angling bs attempts, and shotel because turtles (lightning because there is no spell counter to lightning damage and very few armors resist it.)
    As much as I enjoy my Tarkus set I'm going to have to side with my kin on this one.  Flash sweat is temporary so it's a matter of trying to get him before your protection wears off.  And the shotel's short range vs his higher mobility means that your best bet would be to try to toxin him with the gravelord sword through phantom hits.  After that it becomes a matter of "Can  his menagerie of fire spells chip off your health while doing 45% of their full damage?" 

Edit: Oh.  He also has a shotel.  I guess it's moe of a fight between skill than I previously thought.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Having a shield with high fire block does not equal nullified pyro. And note that my build carries the shotel. 

Also, who said being nimble isn't masculine? Try telling that to any pro boxer or martial artist and see how you end up.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:>Masculine
    >Fast rolling

What's this?  Needing a SL 100 to beat a 55 big grin?

Fatroll out of THIS! http://mmdks.com/37ep

Good ole' TWoP --> Tempest <3.
    I don't need to roll.

I'll squish you before you finish casting.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:48 pm

That depends against spacing vs TWoP.  I could always add poise so that you'd need 2 hits, which you wouldn't have time to execute :p.  This is a really fun anti-gank combo.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm

ghadis, note flash sweat, that's a good 30 seconds where  you're shotel is your only tool of any use, which means I can just sit next to a wall and parry spam if that was my style, second it would only take 1 to 2 phantom hits to toxic you, if you have pw going too that means you'd have less than a minute to kill me and  most of your main damage output can be severely weakened for at least half of that. basically neither build is perfect and each has things that can counter the other.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:23 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:ghadis, note flash sweat, that's a good 30 seconds where  you're shotel is your only tool of any use, which means I can just sit next to a wall and parry spam if that was my style, second it would only take 1 to 2 phantom hits to toxic you, if you have pw going too that means you'd have less than a minute to kill me and  most of your main damage output can be severely weakened for at least half of that. basically neither build is perfect and each has things that can counter the other.
    No build is perfect, and they all have their counters to be sure. But no one attunes Flash Sweat and not everyone has a high fire resist shield ready to swap or equipped. It's not a build for dueling, it's a dedicated SL55 pyro with style for invading. It's a fun build rather than a well balanced one.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm

point taken, and honestly mine was just a categorical counter, rather meh against anything but its intended targets... so the point to this thread is light half naked types god eh? (to try and re rail this topic)

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=291497051185284119
    or something like this?

also I actually do use flash sweat on a number of builds, its too damn useful not to if I have any attunement slots.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:31 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:That depends against spacing vs TWoP.  I could always add poise so that you'd need 2 hits, which you wouldn't have time to execute :p.  This is a really fun anti-gank combo.
    I'll pancake you boy, I have yet to meet the man who survives my Tooth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am