Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction

snarkie

Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction Empty Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction

Post by snarkie Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm fairly new to Dark Souls (loving it btw) and was wondering if someone could point me to a SL 120 build on the Dark Souls wiki that would suit heavy melee with maybe a bit of pyromancy. Ideally, I'm looking for something that would be simple to play as well as not super hard to acquire the items for as this is my first play through (I'll save the more advanced builds for after I've beaten the game a few times). Any help is much appreciated happy.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction Empty Re: Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction

Post by Coryf2209 Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Since it's your first playthrought, I'd recommend the black knight weapons.  Theres a greatsword, and ultragreatsword(like the zweihander), a halberd, and a greataxe thats extremely fast for it's weapon class.  They are all quite powerful, and easy to use, but outclassed by the more difficult weapons in most respects.
    snarkie

Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction Empty Re: Could Someone Point Me In The Correct Direction

Post by snarkie Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Cory! Would you recommended any particular stat pairings with that buildout. I've been looking around here:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/PvP+Builds

But am getting a bit overwhelmed by all of the options and not knowing much about PvP and lategame. Basically, I'm hoping to level up in an optimized way so that I can start having fun with other higher level players as soon as I reach SL 120.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:40 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about builds if it's your first playthrough.  I would save that for when you're more comfortable and familiar with the different weapon types and movesets.
    snarkie

Post by snarkie Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm

GenericUsername wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about builds if it's your first playthrough.  I would save that for when you're more comfortable and familiar with the different weapon types and movesets.

Thanks for the advice. So would you recommend balancing my stats pretty evenly between endurance, vit, dex, and strength? My rationale for that is that maybe I won't be able to equip everything I want to, but I'll at least have access to a bit of variety.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 pm

My advice to you is to use this build: http://mmdks.com/33hx and play with weapon and armor combinations yourself to see what suits you best. The HP is good enough for PvE and, in my opinion, sufficient in PvP(unless you're looking to trade hits), and 40 on Strength and Dex gives you versatility in your choice of weapons. Play around with every weapon you can pick up and wield with that, bring them up to +15, and see what you like best. Discover your playstyle and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

If you're looking for more of a complete picture, this is something you could do with a build like this:
    http://mmdks.com/366c

On the strength side of things, you could do something like this:
    http://mmdks.com/366d

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am