Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sentiel
ViralEnsign_
Zyrrashijn
wretchedsausage
GrinTwist
jerrmy12
TehInfamousAmos
Lord of Ash
e134rr0n
Acarnatia
14 posters

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Poll

Where would you like the event to be? (Pick Two)

[ 6 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 8 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Guards can have light, I didn't restrict them from anything except a few rings and fast rolling.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Outstanding idea Wilks!! Highly creative and very impressive!!

Count me in as a thief!!

Oh, Yeah!!!
    devil 

And a Guard if the need arises!! Anything (within reason Wilks silly  )

that will help kick this thing off

right and proper!!

Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Adding some ranger options and fall control to the thief. 

@Ahho, Thanks for the support!

@Everyone, Should I make a poll with some possible areas to start this event with? And when we reach enough people and straighten every rule and gear restriction I will give people around a month to set up their builds.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Created the Chats, they are in the second post near their respective team rosters.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Wilks, don't forget this>>>>   PlayStation Calendar!
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Ha, Almost forgot about that, ill tell Fex about the event when I actually have a date set up for it.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Im practicing my stealth techniques right now in dark anor londo, with my Thief Build.

Im hosting so it's harder to see me but so far ive made 6 phantoms return home because im just that sneaky.

http://mmdks.com/35ac
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I might actually bring the SL of the thief up for better connection chances especially at that souls level in anor londo.

And I might switch to an RSS where you drop it in a secluded area where the thief treasure circle will be located so we won't worry about random invaders.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:51 pm

i like the build heres the one i came up with yesterday,

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=319362330279372031

i had left some equip space for a bow, now that you've confirmed their use, will be adding pharis bow + poison arrows.
    jerrmy12

Post by jerrmy12 Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Wilkinson3424 wrote:Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition![/size]Welcome to The Heist!This Event will be based around the idea that a red phantoms will have to sneak around white phantom/host guards and try and find a secret treasure hidden within a level! The red phantom will have poor weapons and armour, And will be forced to try and sneak past the guards, the object of the red is to invade a white team's world, steal the items within the Prism stone circle, and bring it all the way back to the beginning of the level where he spawned, he will message the host or announce in Chatango that he successfully completed the mission, He will then leave and the host will retrieve the items. The Objective of the white phantoms/host are to make sure that these treasures are guarded, and will patrol a certain area and kill any intruders![size=24]Rules for the Thieves!
    im in, thief. psn supersonickid or dks_playersent from my PS3[/quote]
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 am

Lol I love how you tried to quote the entire OP.

Ill add you as a thief.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 am

I'm very interested in being the thief in this event.

However, if it ends up that you are lacking in guards I can be a guard too.

Happy backstabbing everyone. Backstab
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 am

http://mmdks.com/35wf
    The build I'll be using.

I propose that guards not be allowed to heal, as chances are they will have a whole lot more health and defence than the thieves. This also applies to the use of moss to remove bleed, poison and toxin buildup, allowing the thieves to make proper use of their limited resources, and also giving the guards some incentive to take a proactive approach to killing the thief, making the experience more exciting for both parties. the damage numbers would also work as a nice marker for the thieves to know where the guards are, akin to the camera function in far Cry 3, or the listening function in The Last of Us. 

As I write this, I feel like removing the ability to heal might be a little unfair, but it's just a suggestion, so I would like to hear what other people think, especially you Wilkinson.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:Im practicing my stealth techniques right now in dark anor londo, with my Thief Build.

Im hosting so it's harder to see me but so far ive made 6 phantoms return home because im just that sneaky.

http://mmdks.com/35ac

If you use the sorcerer class, you get 7 extra points.

e134rr0n wrote:i like the build heres the one i came up with yesterday,

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=319362330279372031

i had left some equip space for a bow, now that you've confirmed their use, will be adding pharis bow + poison arrows.

If you use the wanderer class, you get 2 extra points.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 am

http://mmdks.com/35y1

My planned thief build - you may ask why Mist/fog spells.... They essentially create a smoke shroud for me to move under to escape or I can shoot them somewhere where I am not in order to create a diversion. If the Toxic and Poision fogs aren't allowed then can at least Acid surge be allowed.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 am

http://mmdks.com/35y2 Guard build.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:40 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:http://mmdks.com/35y1

My planned thief build - you may ask why Mist/fog spells.... They essentially create a smoke shroud for me to move under to escape or I can shoot them somewhere where I am not in order to create a diversion. If the Toxic and Poision fogs aren't allowed then can at least Acid surge be allowed.

Sure you can use Acid Surge, and Poison Mist.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Rules and Date updated.

Poll added.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I could honestly see the Burg or the Parish being an extremely viable Location eg; Prism circle in parish in that platform opposite solaires sign. The guards may not patrol the ladder area but may patrol the room near it etc; Could be cool you spawning at like sunlight altar :POr same thing with the prism locations being opposite way round.
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 am

Count me in as guard. I'm on PC, anyone else?
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:36 am

Ill add you but I'm not sure about any PC members. Sorry sad
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 am

http://mmdks.com/36e1

Battle Mage Guard
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 am

I'll heist as a thief....but only if I can get down to the local Thrift shop, where the Ceiling can't hold us, and we all feel the Same Love.

Everyone who remembers me from the only days knows me as an assassin, spy, and general neerdowell.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

Haven't seen you in a while, Sir.

Added as a thief.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 am

I'm a big fan of stealth, especially when used in online games. As such I'd like to join this event.
    However, due to several years of playing Metal Gear Online, I can see a lot of ways this event can be ruined.

Guards
    Since Guards will be limited to Medium, or Fat Roll, they can get easily outrunned by the Thief. That means that the Thief can just DWGR around the Guards and dash anywhere he wants. Unless they can stagger the Thief, OHKO him, or have access to stuff like CSS, the Guards have little chance to stop the Thief if he decides to go rambo on them. Even if the Thief has no weapons, as long as he manages to backstab the Guard, the Guard will never catch the Thief again unless he does some fatal mistake.

Host
    The Host should only watch and not participate. He should observe the event and only act if somebody breaks the rules. He can send home Guards and gank the Thief if necessary.
    Given the fact that the Host can turn himself almost completely invisible, this creates a big disadvantage for the Thief.
    Not to mention what would happen if the host got himself killed. winking
    If you would still insist on the Host actively participating, I'd force the host to equip a visible buff ring, such are Cloranthy Ring, Wolf Ring, Calamity Ring and more. Those should disable the Host from blending with the surroundings by changing his armor selection, to fit the color palette of his background.

Thief
    This is not Demon's Souls. The invader has no way to become fully invisible and not many will fall for the Chameleon.
    Unless the Thief is a SoV and invades in dark areas, such are Chasm of the Abyss, Anor Londo (dark), or the Forest, the invader will be extremely visible even from big distances and even while using the Ring of Fog.

The Guards are prepared for the Thief and know where he spawns. As such, they can simply use the third person camera to peek around corners and camp areas which the Thief is likely to go through.

Many areas have only one, or two ways to proceed, regardless where the Prism Stone rings are placed. As such, if the Guards camp these spots, they will run into the Thief sooner, or later. Not that it really matters, because as I already said, they can see the Thief from miles.

Instead of a game of stealth and sneaking, this is likely to turn into a violent chase, in which the Thief simply ignores the Guards and tries to evade them. That's not stealth. That's Tom & Jerry.

Restrictions
    SL 75 is a poor choice. Most of us don't have a character on that SL. Past Forum Events used SL 55 characters. I think this would be a better option. It would enlarge the power gap between the Thief and the Guards even further, forcing the Thief to evade direct confrontation with the Guards. Of course, using even lower SL toons is encouraged.

The Thief should be limited to Ghost Blade+0, Dark Hand, any unupgraded bow (not a Greatbow) + any arrows, throwable Consumables, Catalyst (non-melee)/Talisman/Pyromancy Flame and any armor he wishes to use, as long as it has 0 Poise.

Ghost Blade will do similar damage to Dagger +5, however it is a lot less viable for actual fighting and can't be buffed.
    Dark Hand is very visible and creates a sound that the Guards can use to pinpoint the Thief's location, or can be used to lure the Guards away. It also has very low Stability.

I'd disallow the Thief to use Wolf Ring and DWGR. Even with 40 Poise, the Thief can soak up some smaller hits, and continue on running away.
    DWGR roll spam is faster than sprinting and it has the most i-frames out of all rolls. That is very unfair to the Guards, as a DWGR spamming Thief will be unstoppable for them.

Allow Seek Guidance. devil 

The Guards should be SL 100, or even higher. Bring your SL 713 if you want. The Thief is not supposed to fight the Guards, so their SL plays little role.

The Guards shouldn't use self tracking spells, like Soulmass spells and Pursuers. One can simply cast these and rely on them to find the Thief for them, making their job too simple.

The Guards should be disallowed to fight any enemies that currently don't have aggro on them, or the host unless the Thief is present in the world. As such, they can simply clear the area of all mobs before the Thief even gets there, which can hinder the Thief.

I believe that if the event would be played out like this, it will force the Thief to actually try to sneak around the Guards, instead of just running past them, or fighting them.

Areas
    The areas should be large, with many possible ways to reach the target Rings.

Royal Wood - It's giant and allows the Thief and Guards to move freely, while keeping an eye on their surroundings. This will be great for those using ranged attacks instead of melee.

Undead Burg - It's a bit cramped, but has it's options, especially if we use the first area and Havel's tower as well. Tip: Use the Doors winking

Depths - Those tight corridors can be a problem if the Guards will camp in them, other than that the area is okay.

Catacombs - Same as Depths really. Also viable, large, with many shortcuts and places to hide.

Tomb of Giants - The darkness will hinder all phantoms, as it makes them super visible. Same to the Prism Stone Rings.

Archives - Way too many places where the Thief just HAS to go through and can be camped.

Ariamis - This place is perfect as long as all paths are open.

Anor Londo - Great place for stealth, be it light, or dark version. However the main cathedral and blacksmith door must be open, to allow the Thief to use more paths to move around. Also, no locking out the Thief with the elevator and forcing him to use only one available route.

New Londo - The darkness will also reveal all phantoms, but the area is complex and has some interesting shortcuts that can make up for this. Not really sure about this one...

Township - As long as the elevator works and no one will camp around it, this location is also usable. However, it also holds many risks for the Guard team. I'm also not very sure about it...

Sen's Fortress, Crystal Caves, Chasm, Darkroot Basin and Blighttown are useless. There's way too many ways the Thief can use the enviroment to kill the Guards and the Host. Simple Force spam will ruin the game.

I'm not trying to criticize, or bash on the event. I like it.
    I just want to make it better, improve it and as such I offer a few (lol) suggestions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 am