Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sentiel
ViralEnsign_
Zyrrashijn
wretchedsausage
GrinTwist
jerrmy12
TehInfamousAmos
Lord of Ash
e134rr0n
Acarnatia
14 posters

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Poll

Where would you like the event to be? (Pick Two)

[ 6 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap21%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 8 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap29%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [29%] 
    [ 4 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap14%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 6 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap21%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap7%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_lcap7%The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) Empty The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:34 pm

:weap-chaos: The Heist:weap-chaos: 

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) Images10

Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition!

Welcome to The Heist!

This Event will be based around the idea that a host (The Thief) will have to sneak around red phantom guards and try and find a secret treasure hidden within a level! The host will have poor weapons and armour, And will be forced to try and sneak past the red phantom guards, the object of the Host is to summon two red phantoms and be invaded by a red, Let them set up their treasure and guarding, when the match begins the theif will steal the items within the Prism stone circle, and bring it all the way back to the beginning of the level where he summoned them, he will message the Invader (Guard Squad Leader) or announce in Chatango that he successfully completed the mission, The Guards will then come retrieve the items and they will restart until the thief is killed.  The Objective of the red phantoms are to make sure that these treasures are guarded, and will patrol a certain area and kill any intruders!

Rules for the Thieves!

Even Thieves must follow a set of rules!

The Thief must be SL 90 And Must be able to host.

You will be given options to create a silent sneaky build, with limited choices for gear, weapons, spells, rings, etc.

Here is what you are allowed to have on your person.

Thief Arsenal:

Rings 
     Here is a full list of rings you may use. 
    Cloranthy, Lingering Dragoncrest, Slumbering Dragoncrest ,Wolf Ring, Dark Wood Grain Ring, Ring of Fog, rusty ring.

Spells
     Here is a full list of spells you may use.
    Hush, Cast Light, Remedy, Hidden Body, Chameleon, Hidden Weapon, Fall Control, Magic Shield (Not Great Magic Shield), Aural Decoy (Just because), Force, Tranquil walk of peace (FOR ESCAPES ONLY!), Heal, Karmic Justice (Stun lock escapes, yes it works.), Acid Surge, Poison Mist.

The only rule they have is they cannot use TWoP to help them fight, it is an escape miracle.

And also stick to the gear restrictions.

Rules for the Guards!

The Guards will not be as restricted, but they do have some rules!

The Guard must be SL 100!

As for gear, and weapons. Your only restrictions are that you must medium roll or fat roll, and you cannot use the hornet ring. And no using TWoP!

Everything else is up to you! Of course you have some rules that are pretty simple.

1. No Ganking, That means no 2-3 people sitting in one area waiting to trap the invader. You must all have posts, and it is encouraged that you move around and patrol.

2. Stay away from spell spamming and chain backstabbing.

3. The Host will place two prism stone circles, one at the drop point, where you will be summoned/invade, And the other will be placed by the guards, and put 3 items in that circle for the thief to steal.

4. Randoms can be taken care of however you like.

5. You must be medium rolling or fat rolling. To give the thief a chance to escape. In real stealth missions, the thief will most likely be more agile then the heavily armed guards.

6. Only one guard can camp at the treasure at a time. The invader will need to find a way to get passed you without dieing, whether it be with TWoP or Backstabbing and quickly grabbing the items while you are down.

7. A max of THREE items may be put in the treasure circle.

8. Guards may not use Twop.

9. Guards must be SL 100!!!! Not 101, not 99, 100![/b]

10. All locked doors in a host's world must be unlocked, they don't have to be opened.

Location and Time!

Sen's fortress is where we will have the event, this time.

The event will take place all day on August 3rd

Last edited by Wilkinson3424 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) Empty Re: The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:34 pm

:weap-fire: Area Rules:weap-fire: 

1. The Drop Zone for RSS guards is Sen's Roof.

2. Guards can't camp on the Bridges, or in Door Ways.

3. The Tar Pit is allowed, but remember guards can't use the rust ring.

4. No healing of any kind for the thief until the match is over.

Participants

You can be a thief and a guard if you so wish. But be prepared to be asked to do both during an event.

General Chat: http://generalheist.chatango.com/

Thieves!

Thieve's Chat: http://thiefteam.chatango.com/

Wilkinson3424
    e134rr0n
    TehInfamousAmos
    Ahhotep1
    supersonickid
    wretchedsausage
    ViralEnsign_

Guards!

Guard Chat: http://guardteam.chatango.com/

Wilkinson3424
    Serious_Much
    e134rr0n
    TehInfamousAmos
    Ahhotep1
    wretchedsausage
    Zyrrashijn

Last edited by Wilkinson3424 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 12 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition) Empty Re: The Heist! (Dark Souls Stealth Event!) (Hosted by the Sunlight Coalition)

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Sounds like fun, I'll probably be a **** guard as my sneaking skills aren't that great, but we'll see silly
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Trust me everyone is going to want to be a red from what ive heard, we need as many guards as possible. And you can be both if you want!

Ill put you down as a guard for now.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52 pm

This looks fun. The sl 75 restriction for thieves is a bit awkward, though, I don't want to make and dedicate one of my slots to specifically this, which that rules basically demands.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Sorry bout it. You can make a new account if you want. Thats what I do.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 pm

This sounds epic, I would be open to either side! Though a thief would be preferred since i've been experimenting with stealth builds lately.

Can thieves kill guards, or is it strictly sneaking?

I suppose any combat would alert the other guards to general position so it would be a last resort.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Also sens fortress would be an awesome location for one of these with a few more restrictions like;

Guards are limited to a certain patrol area unless chasing the thief (since they could theoretically just stand at the end of one of the bridges and wait), elevator cages can be off limits or can only be used by thieves when going from top to bottom, and twop might have to be eliminated altogether so that the thief cant just lure guards into the pendulum traps.

Though that last one would be pretty fun, i might have to go do some sen's pvp tonight just to try that out.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 am

Sen's would be a good idea. We are starting with Dark Londo because it's a good place to kick off an event and nobody needs to beat the boss to go there. It has various stair cases and paths and escape routes.

I was thinking about Upper Blighttown being the next place but Sen's might work.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:47 am

Upper blight town would be sick too,
    might need to add fall control to the spells for that one.

Yeah dark anor londo is particularly a good choice anyway because of the dark haha, my one thought would be eliminating the use of sunlight maggot for guards?
    Seem's like it would add something to the feel of it if they had to be carrying around skull lantern or have limited casts of light, give the thief a better ability to actually get away.

Oh also meant to ask about Dark silver tracer as a dagger for thief? limit it to +3 as well?
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:51 am

Definitely count me in. I would rather be a Red, but I guess I can do some guarding as well. 

Some suggested additions: 
    -Bows are a good way to deal with guards sneakily and stealthily(can also be used as a distraction). Hawk Ring would also be nice. 
    -Dark Fog; makes a good sight barrier, helps with escaping without the guards knowing where.
    -Poison Throwing Knives, Firebombs, etc.

for clarification: Does the 'no ganking' rule mean that guards cannot come to each others' aid ?

Last edited by wretchedsausage on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:22 am

The No ganking rule means no people standing in the same area as I clarified. But yes they may come to help if it is really that nessicary against a invader with that crappy gear.

EDIT:

Yeah ill give the thief some more weapons to choose from.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:34 am

pretty much got a thief build made, im stoked.

any thoughts on the sunlight maggot? if its outlawed im gonna roll a new build for guard if not ill just boost an 80 to sl 100
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 am

It's not thaaaat dark in Anor Londo. Is lighting even really necessary?
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:14 am

well the light boosts the target lock range still i believe, which i think will be kind of clutch in terms of the thief being able to escape from the guards with RoF or hidden body
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:28 am

I did not realise it did that. I think the thieves are already handicapped enough though, if you need light you can still use a spell or a skull lantern.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 am

yeah i agree, im pro-no-sunlight maggot biggrin

and I like the idea of guards walking around carrying lanterns haha
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 am

Yea, my guard build will have one. Will look pretty cool; a guard holding a skull lantern pacing slowly back and forth.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 am

I thought you guys were dead
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:04 am

Me?
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:09 am

Not dead, undead!! surprised

no but ? haha, he means the covenant maybe??
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 am

I would enjoy being both a guard and a thief.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 am

I have not been added to the list yet. I am happy both to guard, and to infiltrate(would prefer infiltrating).
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:55 pm

The reason I wont add any sort of light system for the thiefs besides cast light is because it's unrealistic. If you're in a dark castle you aren't going to have a giant light hovering over your head.

If you do that you should just wear squeaky boots and shout that you're gonna kill a guard.

@Amos Added you.
    e134rr0n
    e134rr0n

Post by e134rr0n Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:01 pm

I mean having light for guards. Probably wont make a huge difference either way though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:26 am