The Meaning Behind Your Username

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: The Meaning Behind Your Username

Post by Leet on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:17 am

Carphil wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Another one of these threads?

I like cars.

Oh yeaah? What do you drive?

I was being sarcastic, but I share this car with my papa:

car:

Username: Carlos Filho = Car-Fil = Car-Phil

Hard to tell over the internet sometimes.

I can't even tell what it is. Probably named something different in Brazil than over here in the states. License plates leads me to believe it's a golf but it doesn't look like a golf.

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:45 am

^

its a Gol, volkswagen. You will only see one in Brazil silly

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 am

XBOX LIVE GAMER TAG; Earth Scraper
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 am

Rynn wrote:Rynn is mandarin for "Person"
    And that is all I am. No more special than any other.

I hate to break this to you, but you have been misinformed. Mandarin for 'person' is in fact 'ren'

My name doesn't have a very interesting story. I like sausages, I think they're delicious. I was in need of a new name and I was trying to think of a way to make it sound a bit different and unique. Hence; wretchedsausage was born.

"What a shame it is that so little of what can be done actually is"- Me

"Those who fight with 'honor' are not fighting to win"- Me

"A try-hard is what a bad loser calls a winner"- robsthedon
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:54 am

Just make something epic up like I did. Anything can be interesting with embellishment

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 am

This is the real history from the other thread:

skarekrow13 wrote:
    Back in elementary school there was a girl that I was pretty good friends with.  We had a house fire that resulted in a move to a nearby town.  A couple years later, she moved too, and we were back in school together.  One day in science class we're talking out of the blue and she said I looked like a scarecrow. Ordinarily, calling a male uncannily thin and tall (I was already at my max height of 6ft. and weighed about 140lbs at the time) isn't a compliment but I knew her well enough to assume differently.  Due to a common first name I was always called by my three syllable long, Polish derived last name which isn't much of a nickname.  So basically, this old friend gives me my first real nickname after going all the way into high school without one.  

Soon after I started doing professional wrestling and went with Skarekrow since it fit my look and persona for the ring.  There's also some pretty twisted versions of scarecrows in various stories which adds to the allure (like my buddies in Dark Souls).  

13 is just because it's my favorite number and sometimes just Skarekrow is taken.  I like to root for the underdogs (I'm a Bills fan after all.....hiiiii yoooo) and I also would be the first person to die in a horror movie since my first reaction to strange noises etc. is to go look. I've carried the moniker over to my website (long abandoned), my primary PSN and my gamertag.  

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:08 am

Carphil wrote:^

Ah! That's why. I figured. The states don't get anything awesome. They can't sell skylines, sciroccos, holdens, and a whole bunch of awesome cars over here. You have skylines driving around over there? More specifically r33 or r34?

Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Saturday Saint is a pun on Latterday Saint. I forget why, but I thought it was hilarious when I was 14. It stuck. N-A-F-T-W comes from, 'na ftw,' or, 'North American For-the-Win,' a tongue-in-cheek slur against North American PvP'ers from Demon's Souls that more-or-less means 'tryhard.'

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:16 pm

I got my name mostly cause i played assassin like characters in most rpg games and stealth games I played and i use 2 play alot of ninja gaiden back in the day that is pretty much how i got my name. my name just stuck with me ever since i got it which was in my des dayz

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:31 pm

TooLeet wrote:

Ah! That's why. I figured. The states don't get anything awesome. They can't sell skylines, sciroccos, holdens, and a whole bunch of awesome cars over here. You have skylines driving around over there? More specifically r33 or r34?

definitely not, unless for specific races and such. TBH most "unique" models here are not even produced in the country, but they're designed for being small, cheap and for a specific "poor-to-mid class" type of people

I however, enjoy them. volkswagen mostly. A great engine set, and its so durable

Once I have enough money and hopefully a job, my dream is to buy a Lancer, went to a Mistubishi once for a test drive and I fell in love for that car

Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Talking about cars?

We have everything:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:13 pm

My main username use to be SeenStorm, but for some reason instead of calling me SeenStorm people either read it wrong or were trying to be funny and called me SeaStorm. Most people also shortened it to Sea and I kind of grew fond of it. So I started to use SeaStorm as my main username but in most cases it was already used and I really hate putting numbers on usernames.

Now, in greek mythology the Hekatonkheires were three gaint gods of violent storms and hurricanes, in short gods of sea-storms. One of the three gods was called Briareus the Vigorous(also know as Aigaion or Aigaios) so now for my username I pick either Briareus, Aigaion or Aigaios. Sometimes I change them a bit if they are used.

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Carphil wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:

definitely not, unless for specific races and such. TBH most "unique" models here are not even produced in the country, but they're designed for being small, cheap and for a specific "poor-to-mid class" type of people

I however, enjoy them. volkswagen mostly. A great engine set, and its so durable

Once I have enough money and hopefully a job, my dream is to buy a Lancer, went to a Mistubishi once for a test drive and I fell in love for that car

If you're getting a lancer, make sure you get an Evo or you'll be sorry. AWD and with a couple simple bolt on's they can make awesome power.

I drive an Acura Rsx Type-S. I think they're called the same thing in Brazil, but in Japan they're called Honda Integra Type-R. They're not very expensive so you probably have them. Mine makes about 230whp. Weighs about 2500 pounds so it's pretty fast.

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="TooLeet"][quote="Carphil"][quote="TooLeet"]
    Carphil wrote:

If you're getting a lancer, make sure you get an Evo or you'll be sorry. AWD and with a couple simple bolt on's they can make awesome power.

I drive an Acura Rsx Type-S. I think they're called the same thing in Brazil, but in Japan they're called Honda Integra Type-R. They're not very expensive so you probably have them. Mine makes about 230whp. Weighs about 2500 pounds so it's pretty fast.

Fancy stuff, don't think we have it here or its tough to find one for selling, but the design its great, thanks for sharing. I'm saving money and some making a list of options for next year. I'm also checking repair and maintenance costs, looking for something viable

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Carphil wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

Fancy stuff, don't think we have it here or its tough to find one for selling, but the design its great, thanks for sharing. I'm saving money and some making a list of options for next year. I'm also checking repair and maintenance costs, looking for something viable

The thing with Evo's (or anything AWD) they're always heavy. And with all the extra parts inside the drivetrain, if something breaks, most of the time it causes other things to break. Evo's are expensive to begin with, and when something does break (not if, when) it'll cost a lot to fix unless you can do it yourself. And they're not very easy to work on either. My buddy has one and always complains about it, although it is a fine piece of machinery. That's why i love honda. They're light, cheap to fix, very easy to make power, and very reliable. I had a civic a couple years ago with 300,000 miles on it and it's still going. Figure out all your options. Besides that, Evo's are very capable cars. Throw on a turbo and people will have a very hard time keeping up with you.

Forcefed
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Forcefed on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 am

Well, this is awkward.

Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:10 am

This topic has officially been derailed into automotive banter. Haha.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 am

It happened long ago in an ancient land that New Jersey now covers. A princess looking for something more in her life ran off from her castle into the murky swamps that bordered her land. Until she stumbled upon an old monk covered in garbs weeping.

"What is the wrong my good sir?" The princess asked with sympathetic eyes, wanting to help him to the best of her ability.

"M- my wife and children were eaten by a large beast from the outlands." He whimpered attempting to hold his tears back behind his eyes.

The princess stammered, not knowing what to do in her mind. Thoughts raced on how she should go back to the kingdom to alert the guard and her father. Yet, in disregard for her own royal position an idea nestled down within her mind.

"I shall go and slay this beast, in order to avenge your family than!" She said with pride in her eyes.

After a farewell and the monk giving her some of his bread and fish she headed off in the direction he pointed her too, the west. Days went by and food started to dwindle as she carried on, as she started to worry about making her way back to the kingdom. Not until the eighth day of her journey did she come to the conclusion that her life would no longer be bound to the loyal decree that she was born into.

Once she had finished packing her supplies from a cave on the ninth day she came upon the abandoned old village in which the creature made it's home, as the monk said. She approached carefully into the village before finally setting her eyes upon a large wolf-bear with the wings of a hawk and the eyes of a spider. However, as she moved forward she clumsily stepped on a piece of wood that alerted the beast. She stammered and muttered under her breath, "What are you?" 

"My name is GrinTwist, and this is my home. I just moved in a few days ago after getting rid of a dragon that made it's nest here." It said, gloating it's large teeth that resembled that of an anglerfish. 

"Oh okay, do you want to be friends?" The princess naively asked.

The beast complied with the princess and they walked off into the sunset to become some of the best dragon slaying buddies the world had ever known. Eventually they found the dragon that had GrinTwist had scared off and killed it, but once the ex-princess tasted the blood of the dragon she wanted to kill more. Ever since they had wiped out the dragons they lay dormant inside of a large cave underground, waiting, for the dragons to return.

So yeah, that's how I got my name. It was assigned as soon as I was born as a large wolf-bear with hawk wings, spider eyes, and anglerfish teeth. Oh and by the way, your welcome for killing all those pesky dragons in the 1850's. winking

Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:09 am

Elite Knight wrote:This topic has officially been derailed into automotive banter. Haha.

haha my apologies. didn't even realized it silly

Thanks for the topic TooLeet, might create a thread for this later

TheColdestHeart
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheColdestHeart on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:59 am

I've been using this name for quite a while. I remember, once, millions of years ago, a friend of mine referred to William Wallace as "The Brave Heart". I liked that, and I was like, "Hmm. I live in Arizona. It's hot there. But my last name is 'Burr', as in 'Brr, it's cold!'". So I kinda mixymeshed that all together, and I kept up with TheColdestHeart. Plus I used to think of myself as a coldhearted fellow back in middle school (i really wasn't). Yeah, dumb, I know.

PSN:
    TheColdestHeart (surprise!)
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 am

My favorite animal is a wolf and i play MTG. During one of the card blocks there was a conflict between mirrodin and phyrexia. I sided with phyrexia during the conflict and this tag was born from that. Might change it thou

XBL WolfOf Phyrexia

You know nothing of Power....So let me show you

Wulf Kastarnen, The White Wulf of the Moon

Evangeline(Eva-Chan) A.K. McDowell(Cosplay)
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:31 am

GrinTwist wrote:
    So yeah, that's how I got my name. It was assigned as soon as I was born as a large wolf-bear with hawk wings, spider eyes, and anglerfish teeth. Oh and by the way, your welcome for killing all those pesky dragons in the 1850's. winking

But... But...  I thought Chuck Norris killed all the dragons

Last edited by Aigaios on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 am

My last name IRL. Short and sweet, just like this post.

Smile, it confuses people.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am

Short and sweet? You could have had the decency to completely fabricate something like Grin and I did biggrin 

Also, great story Grin

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm

wretchedsausage wrote:
    Rynn wrote:Rynn is mandarin for "Person"
    And that is all I am. No more special than any other.

I hate to break this to you, but you have been misinformed. Mandarin for 'person' is in fact 'ren'

My name doesn't have a very interesting story. I like sausages, I think they're delicious. I was in need of a new name and I was trying to think of a way to make it sound a bit different and unique. Hence; wretchedsausage was born.
    I know the spelling, but the name is still pronounced the same winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm