So my recent conversation with X-box support.

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So my recent conversation with X-box support.

Post by Rynn on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am

“Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.”
    Privacy Statement 
    You are now chatting with 'Malu'.
    Malu: Hi! Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support!
    Malu: How are you doing today?
    RGE: I'm doing fine, I'd like to submit video to go along with a report of hacking in a player versus player battle I experienced today.
    Malu: Oh, I see. Thank you for bringing this up Rge.
    Malu: As for this, it would be best that you submit the video to our Enforcement Team.
    Malu: It is because it is our enforcement team that handles all online activities on the console.
    Malu: Let me give you a link
    RGE: Where would I get in contact with them? I couldn't find an appropriate li- ah, alright ^^
    Malu: Let me give you a link on how to get in touch with them.
    RGE: Alright, I'll wait for one, thankyou.
    Malu: You are most welcome Rge! Anything to help report this kind of players.
    Malu: START HERE for help reporting users and how to handle harassment!
    Malu: Above is the link. Please check on it and you will see at the bottom on how you can send links.
    RGE: Alright. I guess that most likely takes care of our business then. Thankyou for talking with me.
    Malu: The pleasure is all mine Rge. Anything else perhaps? I can stay and help you more.
    RGE: I'm currently reviewing the thread to see if I can find the relevant information.
    Malu: Oh, okay.
    Malu: Were you able to locate on where to send the link Rge?
    RGE: I don't see the information on how to send them a video of the offending action. Only on how to report them.
    RGE: The report function in X-box live does not allow you to be very specific about what happened, however, nor send video of the offense.
    Malu: Please check on this section I'm being harassed in a Forum private message.
    RGE: This is not a private message, however, this is a in-game issue with a player having hacked the stats of their character. I'm a bit confused at how that information is useful?
    Malu: It is because you can see there on how to send a message to our Enforcement Team.
    Malu: You just have to specify that the issue that you are reporting is regarding with an in-game issue.
    RGE: specifically, what you linked me actually says in the paragraph explaining that the system noted is only for use for forum private messages. "his email address is for Forum PM harassment ONLY! We do not handle Xbox LIVE or open Forum harassment here."
    RGE: I failed to get a T at the beginning of what I pasted there, thats a "this", not a "his" ^^
    Malu: That's just fine Rge. But you can still send your link to it.
    RGE: Alright, if you're certain, then I'll do such. Is it alright if I quote you on that, so I don't get in trouble for doing it though?
    Malu: Based on the second paragraph on this section, you can be able to still submit your report.
    Malu: Just follow the suggestions that it has.
    Malu: Let me give you a reference number on this transaction that you can include in your report.
    RGE: Alright.
    Malu: 1210974630 Here is your reference number Rge.
    RGE: Alright. Thankyou for this! I believe our business is resolved. Thanks for your time, and I hope you have a great day Malu.
    Malu: You do the same Rge. Thank you as well for your time!
    Malu: As we end the chat, is it okay if you click on the  Button located beside the  icon to end the chat session properly? That's about it though. Thank you! Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! Have a good one and stay safe always!

The system requested for me to use has this note.

I'm being harassed in a Forum private message.
    These messages don't have a report option, so we have opened up an email address for you to send us information regarding private message harassment. IMPORTANT: this email address is for Forum PM harassment ONLY! We do not handle Xbox LIVE or open Forum harassment here. Please don't abuse this system and ruin it for others! 

My email.

Hello, I'm contacting you to submit video on a hacker (XXXXXX) I recently fought in player versus player combat. I was sent to this email after Malu from support (Reference Number:1210974630) told me this was the correct place to send such a file.

The game that was being played is Dark Souls, which I frequently stream for my friends, and so I was recording at the time of the incident. Using modified save data's on Dark Souls allows other players to create characters with HP and Stamina value's high enough to do very powerful or dangerous attacks for infinite durations of time, and have far more Health than any other character can legitimately obtain. This is of course very detrimental to other players experiences, but without video evidence, since the packets being sent inbetween players looks perfectly fine, it's very difficult to detect.

Below I have a link to a video I created for support where you can see a player using such modified data to perform an attack that uses up all of a characters stamina in 3 seconds. He will use the skill nonstop for nearly half a minute. Later into the video I will strike him with my weapons, and due to how much HP he has, it will fail to register that any damage has been done. This is because HP values that are higher than 3500 (the maximum, legitimately obtained amount of HP for a player to have) causes the game to not output damage numbers for the other players to read, resulting in the player appearing to be invincible at first glance.

Please take proper action against XXXXXX. If there is not enough information available here for you to move ahead with this, than please tell me and I will try to provide any other information I might have available.

If I'm using the wrong service to send this report, than please direct me to the appropriate service, so I may use it in the future instead.

http://www.twitch.tv/flickerflare/c/2564356

And nothing will happen to him in the end... To think it's all a waste of time silly

Last edited by befowler on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Rule 6)
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: So my recent conversation with X-box support.

Post by Dibsville on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 am

It's the thought that counts.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:56 am

A suggestion Rynn, you should edit out the players GT since you're posting it on this forum.
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 pm

Fantastic!

*the next day*

oh not this guy again! Look Skyward 

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:53 pm

You did good Rynn. It's the only thing we can do. Shame it's useless. sad

KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Sorry to say but you are right that nothing will happen to the player.Many others have used their capture cards to record hackers and send them to the policy enforcement team.I can sort of see why they wouldn't use the videos as evidence considering they are easily altered to change the gamertags on screen,I know of people that have tried to do it before to attempt to ban people they didn't like.Anyway,MS ignore anything they don't see in their own system.Even their team that police random games online usually only ban obvious stuff like inappropriate gamertags or harassment.

There used to be a site that collected up all of the stupid unban requests on the Xbox forums,unfortunately it is now for sale and no longer up but 99% of the posts were unban requests from obvious idiots.Examples include morons advertising their CoD modded lobbies in their bio with MS point prices for hosting,people with nasty gamertags/bios/mottos and assorted obvious hacks.
    Point is,even if they cared about Dark Souls which they don't,the only bans would go to the top of the book of the guilty which,if the reader doesn't know,is full of hacked characters with infinite health and infinite cast spells.

Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Who knows? Maybe they will actually remove that person because of the fact that they were hacking. 

Still, as Tolvo said, you should remove their name from the OP.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:A suggestion Rynn, you should edit out the players GT since you're posting it on this forum.

Why should I? I give the same protections to a criminal that I give to hackers, because they are the same thing: even if the police are not doing their job.
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 pm

It's forum rule 6, thanks.

6. Don't single out PSN or XBLA names in an attempt to slander.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:58 pm

How is he slandering said person?

All he said was he is hacking, which he was.

Slander would be if he called him a hacker just for the sake of calling him a hacker.

Or am i missing something?

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:02 pm

And btw, you said this person was "using modified saved data."

By those terms, i'd guess you were saying this was a muled character.

With mules, there is no way to get an absurd amount of stamina and health.

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:10 pm

The infinite HP and Stamina is the result of an account that has had it's HP and Stamina modified in the save data.
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Rynn wrote:The infinite HP and Stamina is the result of an account that has had it's HP and Stamina modified in the save data.

Oh alright.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:32 am

Well, at the very least, no one can accuse you of not being thorough.

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Did I ever mention this profile is now perma-banned? I just checked recently.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:34 pm