Need info on PVP

    Share
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Need info on PVP

    Post by Eyelidless on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:51 pm

    Right so I am nearly done with PVE and was wondering a few things. First, what level should I start to PVP at for a beginner and what area. Two, something I was wondering is that people PVP at such high levels on just NG, do they mod there stats or even just there amount of souls to get all the equipment and that high a soul level ?
    And just any general tips on a good PVP build.
    avatar
    Havel_The_Rock
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-20
    Age : 24
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Havel_The_Rock on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:11 pm

    standard pvp level is 120, but some people go higher as you can invade a lower level with the use of the rss. Its all about the summoner when you use the rss and not about you.

    the most common thing that pvp people do is use save editors to get say 99 souls of a great hero, this lets them level up fast and doesn't interfere with the way other people want to play. They aren't nodding any of there stats, its just as if they farmed souls for a very long time without actually wasting all that time. The same goes for common pvp items such as green blossom. Its not cheap and you can either farm it or buy it in the dlc. So they use a save editor removing the hassle. Most of the time all of these mods cause no harm whatsoever, it just makes the journey a little easier. They tend to be specific pvp builds and will have gotten to a certain stage in the game to have decent weapons and magic.
     

    regarding a good build for pvp id suggest sticking to a certain weight limit that you are used to. If you normally fast roll then make sure your build can accomodate that. There is no point changing the way you play best because someone says its better that way. You may want to look into buffs such as crystal magic weapon or pine resins, other alternatives are sunlight blade and dsrkmoon blade. The weapons you choose should fit your playstyle. For example if you are good with heavy hitting poise demolishing ultra greatswords then use those alternatively if you prefer rapid attacking rapiers then by all means choose those. It depends entirely on what you are most comfortable with. Every now and then you may want to switch it up a bit and if so then do it as you might discover that you are better at fighting in that way rather than the other.

    whatever you chose to do enjoy pvp and enjoy dark souls


    _________________
    :white-stone: :white-stone: :white-stone: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: 
    gt: prestigous sloth
    avatar
    omgoff
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by omgoff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:28 pm

    The best advice for pvp is simply this: just do it. You'll probably lose a lot in the beginning, but that's to be expected. As with most things, experiencing pvp firsthand is more beneficial than reading guides about it. Find a weapon you like, figure out what armor and stats you'll need and then just jump in.
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Eyelidless on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 pm

    Havel_The_Rock wrote:standard pvp level is 120, but some people go higher as you can invade a lower level with the use of the rss. Its all about the summoner when you use the rss and not about you.

    the most common thing that pvp people do is use save editors to get say 99 souls of a great hero, this lets them level up fast and doesn't interfere with the way other people want to play. They aren't nodding any of there stats, its just as if they farmed souls for a very long time without actually wasting all that time. The same goes for common pvp items such as green blossom. Its not cheap and you can either farm it or buy it in the dlc. So they use a save editor removing the hassle. Most of the time all of these mods cause no harm whatsoever, it just makes the journey a little easier. They tend to be specific pvp builds and will have gotten to a certain stage in the game to have decent weapons and magic.
     

    regarding a good build for pvp id suggest sticking to a certain weight limit that you are used to. If you normally fast roll then make sure your build can accomodate that. There is no point changing the way you play best because someone says its better that way. You may want to look into buffs such as crystal magic weapon or pine resins, other alternatives are sunlight blade and dsrkmoon blade. The weapons you choose should fit your playstyle. For example if you are good with heavy hitting poise demolishing ultra greatswords then use those alternatively if you prefer rapid attacking rapiers then by all means choose those. It depends entirely on what you are most comfortable with. Every now and then you may want to switch it up a bit and if so then do it as you might discover that you are better at fighting in that way rather than the other.

    whatever you chose to do enjoy pvp and enjoy dark souls

     Because I am sick of farming for souls for all my PVE builds could you send me the link for a good save editor
    avatar
    omgoff
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by omgoff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:37 pm

    I'm under the impression that detailed talk of save editing is not permitted on this forum. Try a quick google search and play around with some of them. Also, check YouTube for videos on how they work.
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Eyelidless on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 pm

    omgoff wrote:I'm under the impression that detailed talk of save editing is not permitted on this forum. Try a quick google search and play around with some of them. Also, check YouTube for videos on how they work.

     I completely understand, I was a bit worried of mentioning at all.
    avatar
    Havel_The_Rock
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-20
    Age : 24
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Havel_The_Rock on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:02 pm

    sort of forgot about that :\ oh dear.hopefully because i didn't actually talk about how it works ill be fine


    _________________
    :white-stone: :white-stone: :white-stone: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: 
    gt: prestigous sloth
    avatar
    omgoff
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by omgoff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 pm

    No worries. I believe the rule is in place to prevent detailed instructions on modding your character. I use save editors for pvp builds. While I appreciate their efficacy for saving time(cutting out all of that grinding), they have a high potential for abuse. Just wait until you're pvping and you run into someone with infinite health and stamina... it's really quite lame and hardly fun for anyone.
    avatar
    Havel_The_Rock
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 68
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2013-05-20
    Age : 24
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Havel_The_Rock on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm

    ive had that problem a few times and it is not fun. Ive never personally used any editors as i have one character but i know people who do and it does save quite some time


    _________________
    :white-stone: :white-stone: :white-stone: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: :stone-orange: 
    gt: prestigous sloth
    avatar
    omgoff
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by omgoff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:17 pm

    @Havel

    Well it can be fun. Try luring them to a drop and kicking them off followed by the "wave" gesture. winking
    avatar
    omgoff
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 32
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-29
    Location : Texas

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by omgoff on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:18 pm

    The best thing to keep in mind when facing a hacker: they can't be very good at the game, otherwise that would eliminate the need for hacks. Use this to your advantage.
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by SirArchmage on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 pm

    Yes, indeed remember not to talk much of it. Minor things are okay, just do not go into too much detail. Such as, Rynn made a thread about using a save editor to make more creative playthroughs, though she did not go into detail about it or advocate the use of it.


    Anyways, where to start? Really, where. Just look up things on the forum. I suggest starting to pvp in random invasions at low levels, working your way up to random invasions at higher levels(99 to 120 range), trying dueling in the burg, and if you feel like you really want to, go to the forest and the moonpit. Training relentlessly is what you need to do, as well as spending a lot of time looking up stuff on the forum about others experiences, stuff on mugen money, and just general information.

    Just remember that, morality and looking like a badass is for the experienced. Sacrifice looking cool for better armor and equipment, and do whatever tactics you need to do to win. Eventually however you should stop, though making yourself aesthetically pleasing is fully your choice even when you are more experienced.


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    avatar
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 434
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2013-05-16
    Location : Where all the lag is

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by StiffNipples on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

    If you're on PC I would suggest limiting your build to SL100, as the higher you go the less PvP you will see unless you are hosting, and for someone new to PvP invading is a lot easier and less resource hungry (ie you won't be using a humanity everytime you get stomped).
    However if you're on console SL120 is fine.


    Also regarding the save editor, once you've got a few hundered hours into building characters and you know how everything works then consider using a save editor. It's really easy to muck up resistances and other stats with it if you don't do it right, and if you're new to build making you might not notice the whack stats and you could end up with either a useless build or an OP build.

    So just do it the old fashioned way, plus it's all part of the experience.


    _________________
    GFWL: STLFFNLPPLES
    avatar
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 19
    Location : I'm homeless

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by ResIsBestStat on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

    Save editors are like hammers, a hammer can build a house and it can also kill, the use depends on the user.
    I suggest you just dive in the wolf's mouth and try to come back in one piece, use your most liked weapon and armor, just do what comes natural.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 pm

    Make a spear your first weapon, move on from there.

    It will allow you to "poke and roll" while examining several different play styles at a relatively safe distance.

    I don't know if anyone mentioned it.  But after say 5-10 hours of pvp, watch EWGF's videos about backstabs and parries on youtube.

    After that, do what you love.

    Oh and remember, get use to this: Backstab  and You Died 

    After that, do this: Mage 

    BUT, read this first: For tha Love of Castings
    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by SirArchmage on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 pm

    Animaaal wrote:Make a spear your first weapon, move on from there.

    It will allow you to "poke and roll" while examining several different play styles at a relatively safe distance.

    I don't know if anyone mentioned it.  But after say 5-10 hours of pvp, watch EWGF's videos about backstabs and parries on youtube.

    After that, do what you love.

    Oh and remember, get use to this: Backstab  and You Died 

    After that, do this: Mage 

    BUT, read this first: For tha Love of Castings
    Fellow mages, unite!! Mage 


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Animaaal on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:42 am

    ^ Damn straight! Joy 

    HellsServant
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by HellsServant on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 am

    Eyelidless wrote:Right so I am nearly done with PVE and was wondering a few things. First, what level should I start to PVP at for a beginner and what area. Two, something I was wondering is that people PVP at such high levels on just NG, do they mod there stats or even just there amount of souls to get all the equipment and that high a soul level ?
    And just any general tips on a good PVP build.

     My suggestion is this, find a buddy that is experienced in Dark Souls PvP. I'm not offering or anything, because I don't have the time anymore, but I used to "train" a lot of people that were new to the game in PvP. I was in personal chats with them and gave them tips, showed them how to do things, and how to defend against certain tactics. After your buddy has taught you the basics and mechanics, I suggest you start making builds on http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ to see different variety and combos with armor/weapons/spells/rings. Another suggestion I have is to join Fight Clubs when you can. There are a lot of people that do Fight Clubs differently but overall it is a great place to get practice. I play on PS3, so it is a 24/7 active version. We play with a lot of japanese players, Europeans, South Americans, and of course North American's. Majority of people I run into on ps3 are legit characters, meaning no modded stats or gear. I hear and see from the streams I watch that both PC and Xbox have a lot more hackers and modders. Not saying Ps3 doesn't have hackers but very few comparitively. Random PvP is very good for practicing and getting better, but my very first suggestion of finding an experienced buddy to help teach you basics and tactics still holds true as the best way to learn in the beginning imo. Oh btw if you are PC lv 100 is norm and on console 120-125 is norm.
    avatar
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 960
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : Sussex

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by robsthedon on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 am

    Eyelidless wrote:Right so I am nearly done with PVE and was wondering a few things. First, what level should I start to PVP at for a beginner and what area. Two, something I was wondering is that people PVP at such high levels on just NG, do they mod there stats or even just there amount of souls to get all the equipment and that high a soul level ?
    And just any general tips on a good PVP build.

    It doesn't take long to pve into a good build. I would make an sl 60 elemental build with plenty of vit and end and go vading, you will have nothing to loose and you will gain valuable experience.


    _________________
    PSN Robsthedon

    EXILED of ARIAMIS  Join UsBeckon

    Sponsored content

    Re: Need info on PVP

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm