Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
skarekrow13
Sentiel
befowler
Walter_White
TheMeInTeam
TehInfamousAmos
densetsushun
twigsterxd
Hugh_G_Johnson
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
14 posters

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 3 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by twigsterxd Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 pm

befowler wrote:You need more co-op!  Seriously, playing through these games solo is fun, but like any great work of art they can only be fully appreciated in the company of others.  Together you will see more and have better experiences than you ever will alone -- the games were designed this way.  The fights are better, the magic more impressive, the shenanigans more shenanigany.  Another great aspect is you can run an area 50 times and then play with someone who does it completely differently -- I was recently fortunate enough to coop through 3-1 a few times with someone on the forum who just rolls right through the arrow machine volleys and turns it off from the front like it ain't no thang.  Needlessly pro?  Yes.  Awesome?  Oh hells yeah.

I know who you're talkin bout LOL. He scares me he does lol
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b - Page 3 Empty Re: Back to Boletaria: The Tale of a Born Again n00b

Post by densetsushun Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:08 am

Sentiel wrote:Don't tell me you were the random who summoned me and FinPeku last night? O_O
    I thought Befowler played US, unless he also plays EU.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Don't tell me you were the random who summoned me and FinPeku last night? O_O
    Then it's one hell of a coincidence. big grin
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:48 am

Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

Bef is on NA server. He's talkin bout the co op with me n reim.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:29 am

@ skare: don't go magic it's boring! makes the game to easy. When i understood you right, it' too easy for you to make it exciting....so don't make it even easier with magic. Make it to a challange run - we want to read about your failure, not about OP OHKO everything
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 am

Walter, I'm not going to make a magic run. I'm a knight in games and that won't change. My plan is actually to use magic I haven't really invested stats in to see what kinds of things I can do. It'll be the experimentation that I think will be fun since even my sl250 who has every spell and can use them effectively really hasn't used them at all. I've had a busy weekend and haven't jumped on yet, but when I do I think I have Demon's prank queued up
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:15 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Walter, I'm not going to make a magic run. I'm a knight in games and that won't change. My plan is actually to use magic I haven't really invested stats in to see what kinds of things I can do. It'll be the experimentation that I think will be fun since even my sl250 who has every spell and can use them effectively really hasn't used them at all. I've had a busy weekend and haven't jumped on yet, but when I do I think I have Demon's prank queued up

Old Hero. Demon's Prank. Fun.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:03 pm

I think I might melee him. Always used archery for him (and the Storm King). But I might have some fun times with that spell. I'm counting on playing tonight too. It's been a crazy weekend but tonight is Skare time.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:55 am

Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

Yes, I'm on US NA, and have been mostly coopin' at sl30.  I will need to summon some folks on my sl50 and 110 for NG+ though.  If you enjoy watching people take swan dives off platforms, I'm your host.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

befowler wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

Yes, I'm on US NA, and have been mostly coopin' at sl30.  I will need to summon some folks on my sl50 and 110 for NG+ though.  If you enjoy watching people take swan dives off platforms, I'm your host.
    Shame. I'm on EU.

I enjoy watching my phantoms and hosts getting stuck in elevators, stealing their cutscenes and watching them do body slams from edges. devil 
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Chapter 7 is here!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Chapter 7 is here!

So...were the two interludes combined considered to be Chapter 6? Or was 6 too afraid of 7 to show up?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 am

It's a mystery completely unrelated to me potentially forgetting where I was at number wise
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 am

Everyone's afraid of 7. 7 - 8 - 9.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:59 am

Let's just assume I was running with that ^ joke
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 am

So I thought I'd try Zero Escape on Vita for a couple night break. Turns out it's a brilliant game and has turned into obsession.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So I thought I'd try Zero Escape on Vita for a couple night break. Turns out it's a brilliant game and has turned into obsession.

Did the same thing with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate lol! 

Does this mean no more updates, at least for a while?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Probably. Damn story in Zero Escape is super compelling. The individual rooms are relatively easy so far but there's puzzles across the game that have me hooked. Plus there's a Jupiter quote E would love
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:04 pm

A new chapter is up
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Yay! They're back!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:36 pm

I can't recall if I ever let Biorr take on Penetrator 1:1

I might do that.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:49 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I can't recall if I ever let Biorr take on Penetrator 1:1

I might do that.

First playthrough I'm pretty sure he'll get Penetrator a little more than halfway down before going down himself. The only reason he's so tough against the Blue Dragon is because they stacked up his fire defense to ridiculous levels. His physical defense isn't much different than what you get from the Brushwood Set yourself, so even though he has high vitality as well he'll still take good damage from Penetrator.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Shucks. Not sure I want him to die. Maybe I'll take that opportunity to try out a great sword. Handicap myself a little at least.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 pm

I hadn't used him against Penetrator until my last few recent playthroughs, and I highly recommend it.  He's actually extremely talkative and talks smack the entire time, while the Penetrator doesn't say a thing.  It's very funny in addition to being effective.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:12 pm

I could probably record with my cell which would be a cool chapter. Maybe spam gestures the whole time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm