What do you all think of this str/int build?

Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What do you all think of this str/int build?

Post by Shakie666 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Just came up with this str/int build out of boredom, was wondering what improvements I can make. I'm mainly worried about the somewhat low health + defence, but aside from lowering the number of spells I have i'm not sure what else I can do.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: What do you all think of this str/int build?

Post by Animaaal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Try this: 2 catalyst version

-You have more defenses.

-You  had the sorcerer's catalyst equipped, changed it to TCC.

-Use Oolacile catalyst for the weight, and the magic adjustment doesn't affect STRONG...MAGIC....SHIELD. devil 
    *I forgot to attune it, but I'd recommend it.  Just  keep in mind the only way to use SMS and buff your weapon at the same time is with resins.

-You have 62+ poise for black flame users.

-I ditched the BDCR.  With the CoD and TCC, you'll have plenty of power.

-If you don't want your castings halved, then use Logan's.  You'll still have plenty of power.

Its all about play style though.  How you have it configured is fine. Good job dude. thumbs up(except for the sorcerors catalyst)

***edit****

I woulda said Manus Cat,but you don't have the stats for it with that strength.
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 pm

I would reccomend stopping at 44 Int for CSS the extra 1 point doesn't add much to your damage and nothing to your options, you could spend it almost anywhere for some benefit, getting 10Dex is super useful if you ever want to use a weapon that isn't the club. (in fact I'd say theres a lot of benefit trying to get to 12dex on Str builds but thats me)

Otherwise it looks like you'll have a fine time rolling around and smushing things
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 am

My recommendations: http://mmdks.com/32se

Way more HP.
    More stamina.
    Logan's catalyst (could go crystal as well)
    I've found rapiers to be incredible useful for builds with heavy weapons. People turtle up at low health and it can be really hard to get a club hit in at that point, though magic helps for that too.

But the min/maxed armor is awful, just awful.
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Well the sorcerer's catalyst was because I was originally going for 32 int, but I decided I wanted CSS as well and forgot to change it. It also seems like a waste to use magic without every damage boost there is, why is why I want the BDCR.

Another thing: Ideally, I would prefer a build such as this, but i'm worried that fast rolling builds will be able to run rings around me with impunity. How viable is this, compared to the fast rolling build I made earlier?

EDIT: Incidentally, before now I had no idea why so many builds took their poise up to 62... well now I know!

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39 pm

It's not. I mean mid-rollers can get some lovin here and there, but usually a fast-rolling version will outplay it in the long run.

But make a mid-roller if you want, some people are very good with them and Int/tanks are usually the best.

As for the question "Why not get as much power as possible?"

A1) You don't need that much.

A2) You're sacrificing too much for it.

A3) If you're gonna go for the "All power and no armor thing", you'd be much better off just making a dragonbro and having a glass cannon.

A4) You're current set up is really just a subpar glass cannon that is wearing some armor for almost no reason at all.

But, str/int builds are hard to make. There's been several threads since the dlc addressing the same issue. Most people find a way to use the Manus Catalyst, just for fun imo.

Personally, I'd make a str/int build for Pursuers and then just run em down with my club or something devil 

And again, once you see how much you're hitting for, you'll either wish you made a full fledge glass cannon, or realize you coulda used something else in lieu of having so much power. I think a build using Pursuers would be fine with the Oolacile Catalyst for example (granted that being the only spell attuned).
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

http://mmdks.com/32tb

The large club is essentially the same, but lighter, and has a great 1hr2 for that cmw buff to take advantage of. For once I agree that you should ditch the bdcr, you're a hybrid so something to aid melee is a better option, so I went with havels ring for more armor and 62 poise.

I ditched the grass crest shield for the heater, to save weight (green blossoms will make up the difference if you're worried about it)

you're down to 35 end to save points to put in vit, because the 1474 should be just enough to survive a hornet bs from a heavy weapon

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:57 pm

http://mmdks.com/32wy my str/int hybrid, only flaw is the midroll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:40 pm