Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
robsthedon
Ba22crow
shadowzninjaz
Jansports
reim0027
Leet
Animaaal
Dibsville
sids__09
IV_Mark_VI
Walter_White
Soris Ice Goldwing
TheMeInTeam
Acarnatia
AnCapaillMor
Sentiel
Laveidem
Aigaios
22 posters

Indictment in PvP good or bad?

Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Indictment  in PvP good or bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Indictment in PvP good or bad?

Post by Aigaios Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Personally I get really bad luck with my DM invaders most of the time when one of them invades me or a host that i invaded its a full Havel tank with either a GS, dragon weapon or an enchanted katana. But i guess that I can't blame the cov but some of the cheap players exploit its invasion system to be even cheaper. Sorry if i by any chance offended any of the DMs.

If i meet a good player and he kills me or i kill him i just send him a msg saying "GG c:" i then end up with me going into long conversations with them though in which we exchange complements.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Indictment  in PvP good or bad? - Page 2 Empty Re: Indictment in PvP good or bad?

Post by Leet Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 pm

sids__09 wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Sids you realize you need people to indict if you play as a darkmoon?  Without indictments, they get hardly any action.  I drop indictments to people as well, because I'm hardly ever indicted as a DW.

I don't like DMs, seems to be the poor mans PvP (guaranteed higher level; I don't like winning because of extra stats/defence), but I do think they deserve to have PvP action as well.

It's just that I have no other way of whipping out my **** and pissing on cheaters, other than to drop an indictment on them. If someone gives me a good fight, or even a marginally interesting one, I usually send love-mail; if someone's backstabbing and taunting my corpse, I feel obligated to respond, so I do the only thing I can.

Also it makes me feel better, because as a Darkmoon I really seize *every* advantage I can... I over-level, I bring superpowers, I rock my best gear, etc., everything short of glitching, exploits, cheap tricks, etc. I operate as if Blades exist to curb-stomp **** ***** who use cheap parlor tricks; GRANTED, I know, lots of people *want* the indictments as a reward, and hey, if you ask for it I'll certainly oblige. But yeah. Left to my own devices, I use it against assholes.

surprised 

Man, you take indicting very serious.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:49 pm

I play generally serious as a DM sids but even I have some respect to who I invade. Call me a good guy but you know after a bit I came to be happy for any DM invasion I get. Just indict who you want and invade them later.
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:56 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    sids__09 wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Sids you realize you need people to indict if you play as a darkmoon?  Without indictments, they get hardly any action.  I drop indictments to people as well, because I'm hardly ever indicted as a DW.

I don't like DMs, seems to be the poor mans PvP (guaranteed higher level; I don't like winning because of extra stats/defence), but I do think they deserve to have PvP action as well.

It's just that I have no other way of whipping out my **** and pissing on cheaters, other than to drop an indictment on them. If someone gives me a good fight, or even a marginally interesting one, I usually send love-mail; if someone's backstabbing and taunting my corpse, I feel obligated to respond, so I do the only thing I can.

Also it makes me feel better, because as a Darkmoon I really seize *every* advantage I can... I over-level, I bring superpowers, I rock my best gear, etc., everything short of glitching, exploits, cheap tricks, etc. I operate as if Blades exist to curb-stomp **** ***** who use cheap parlor tricks; GRANTED, I know, lots of people *want* the indictments as a reward, and hey, if you ask for it I'll certainly oblige. But yeah. Left to my own devices, I use it against assholes.

surprised 

nah, I just swear a lot, lol
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:03 pm

sids__09 wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    sids__09 wrote:

surprised 

nah, I just swear a lot, lol

Haha. Gave me a chuckle. 

Anyways, indict away! I have a couple DM builds. thumbs up
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I play generally serious as a DM sids but even I have some respect to who I invade. Call me a good guy but you know after a bit I came to be happy for any DM invasion I get. Just indict who you want and invade them later.

Good guy Goldwing. applause 

My favorite build i used to use was a DMB katana build. It got very boring, very fast though because of the crazy damage you can do. Loved the hate mail though.

"why yew uze da most OP build eva? Katana buff and bleeed jezuz man yew scrubby"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Chaos blade and finish a fight with a bow. really the only message I get then is "what weapon is that?" Yeah the chaos blade needs more love.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Chaos blade and finish a fight with a bow. really the only message I get then is "what weapon is that?" Yeah the chaos blade needs more love.

LOVE the chaos blade. My favorite katana, regardless of what anybody says.

I even dual wield them for the lulz.

That's why i have a couple quality builds. I love 40/40. I can smash faces with a zwei and if that isn't working CHAOS BLADEEE time.

We're getting off topic Goldwing. Stay on topic. NOW.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Good thing, for sure. It increases the amount of PvP.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:44 pm

I have to be a Darkmoon to get a hold of the Talisman best suited to the amount of faith a particular build has! And to have access to my weapon buff. If it were like the Gravelords where I can learn the spell then bounce and keep the spell to use It'd be great, it'd even be weakened from stupidly strong to more in line with the other buffs.

Though recently I feel like "darkmoon" is less about the Blue Eye Orb and more about Hosting. There just aren't that many guilty people, and if I try to invade township or Burg while the boss is alive 90% of the time I'll catch a DW before I get a sinner. It's only a small bother though either way I get a fight.
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I play generally serious as a DM sids but even I have some respect to who I invade. Call me a good guy but you know after a bit I came to be happy for any DM invasion I get. Just indict who you want and invade them later.

I think I put that poorly. When I invade it's just that I don't *expect* the person to behave 'honorably,' so I'm ready to rock right off the bat. I'm not, like, backstabbing during the bow or anything, or acting disrespectfully, or.... well, besides cussing the collective world out via forums I guess, lol, but *I* don't go in all mean and nasty. I go in armed to the teeth and I stack the deck beforehand as much as I can, but I'll bow to start, bow to finish, won't BS/parry-fish or anything like that.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 am

TooLeet wrote:

Good guy Goldwing. applause 

My favorite build i used to use was a DMB katana build. It got very boring, very fast though because of the crazy damage you can do. Loved the hate mail though.

"why yew uze da most OP build eva? Katana buff and bleeed jezuz man yew scrubby"

I don't see the issue.  Unless you're pushing SL 120 you need to make concessions that make you frail or cut into damage.  If you are SL 120 than any number of other tactics are available to the other guy to negate you:

1.  Stunlock threat, forcing pokes only
    2.  GMB --> where's the magic damage?!
    3.  Also buffing (Sunlight Blade, Darkmoon blade)
    4.  WoG dead angles/tick stab (that will at least give the buffed katana some pause)
    5.  Turtle: If it isn't mura, it's not particularly amazing vs crest.  If you can hold up vs bleed you can stall it out.  Spears/piercing sword block/poke + roll away is really annoying to kat buf builds too since they hurt a lot more than your chip.
    6.  Ninja flip spear: not that DMB katana can't compete, but it doesn't outclass it.
    7.  Havel Buff: not a commonly used counter, but 1h R1s will literally bounce off of it, meaning if you lay in with 2h r1s you get into both a dps and poise race (you can't parry ANYTHING at that point).  You can't win that vs all weapons, DMB or otherwise, because of the stunlock/BS on toggle escape.  Take a 2h reinforced club with lightning resin on it --> unless you have over 100 poise, you're stunned on the 2nd hit and will probably take a 3rd.  Still want to trade on that?

Indictments in anger over standard mechanic builds are generally from people who don't understand the implications.  I can't count the number of times a random guy thought it would be a good idea to lay into me and trade (!) with sub-60 poise while I'm wearing full havel's and 2 handing the zwei...not even a shield/parry offhand weapon!  What did he think was going to happen there?  People make the same mistake vs buffed falchions/kats, thinking they can trade and come out ahead and die.  It's not even matter of skill, but rather of pure knowledge.  Yes, some builds have advantages over others, but the sheer number of players who don't even recognize who has it is amazing!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 am

Why are you telling me things people can use against me.

You should let those people know, because i had no problem winning countless matches in a row with a DMB buffed katana. I use katana's without buffs and rip people apart. The buff was just added damage. Sometimes i wouldn't even buff just to show them it's not the buff that beats them.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 am

Laveidem wrote:It's a good thing. Means more Darkmoons for you to kill when they invade you.

^yes i love that everytime they indicted i sometimes said dem a msg saying: Thx for the indictment more fun for me now XD
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 am

They are not even close to guaranteed to be at a higher level. The blue orb checks within 10%+10 sl's first, and goes down second. On my sl 82, I'm more likely to invade a sl 100 than a sl 60 (being outside that range), no matter where I am. Do I get the occasional 60? Yeah, obviously, but its less than 1 in 20 in my experience. A large sl gap is fundamentally little different than a large skill gap, and in either case I can offer my assistance to my victim so they may fix the situation.

Granted dm's can overlevel (be 1o1-120 and go to a sl 100 dueling area) but dws can do the same thing but its 101-110.

There is no lower limit, not "you only get to gank lowbies"
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Laveidem wrote:It's a good thing. Means more Darkmoons for you to kill when they invade you.

^yes i love that everytime they indicted i sometimes said dem a msg saying: Thx for the  indictment more fun for me now XD

I've got that message before though not from you. I kind of raised my eyebrow at it and thought to myself "well good for you i guess". I mean I assumed when I saw indictments that any normal person would buy them, and indict anyone who killed him, as such if one was to invade one should also expect to be indicted, so to me, It seemed like they were showing a false spite at something I felt obligated to do. rolling eyes 

It just seems confusing to me to not indict someone who invades my game because they were a good fighter. I mean, If I indict them, maybe a darkmoon in the area will get to invade them so that I can make it the rest of the way through the level while they are busy getting invaded. And my favorite character is a DM so that means if there is a lack of DMs, I get to use him more.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:39 pm

I try to indict any and all invaders when I lose. Not because I'm butthurt or anything but just so the Blades can get some action. It's very rare nowadays to get invaded by them so it would be nice to see them around every now and again. So far The Township is the only place I've been invaded by them in most of my playthroughs and even then the invasions from them are sparse
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:01 pm

jimmyc0341 wrote:I try to indict any and all invaders when I lose. Not because I'm butthurt or anything but just so the Blades can get some action. It's very rare nowadays to get invaded by them so it would be nice to see them around every now and again. So far The Township is the only place I've been invaded by them in most of my playthroughs and even then the invasions from them are sparse

Try darkroot every other 1 is a sov, self righteous goody goodies big grin
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 pm

robsthedon wrote:
    jimmyc0341 wrote:I try to indict any and all invaders when I lose. Not because I'm butthurt or anything but just so the Blades can get some action. It's very rare nowadays to get invaded by them so it would be nice to see them around every now and again. So far The Township is the only place I've been invaded by them in most of my playthroughs and even then the invasions from them are sparse

Try darkroot every other 1 is a sov, self righteous goody goodies big grin
    Lol yes those blueberry buffing bastards are pretty damn self righteous😆
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I give inductions for good fights. If they're looking for it by trolling/taunting etc I won't give then an induction.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 am

I'd say it doesn't matter, from my experience, if you're online you'll be invaded by Darkmoons regardless of getting indicted or not since you gain sin just by killing NPC's.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:17 pm

GrinTwist wrote:I'd say it doesn't matter, from my experience, if you're online you'll be invaded by Darkmoons regardless of getting indicted or not since you gain sin just by killing NPC's.
    Not true, at least according to this. I suspect the color swap glitch.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t23151-new-level-range-calculator-shows-the-exact-ranges-for-all-multiplayer-items-and-perspectives-at-once#490029
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Indict people please?

I like to be able to tell myself I'm invading people because they're bad and killed other players at inoppurtune times, and not just because I'm bored and want to kill someone Dance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm