Venting about PVP

    Share
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 pm

    TooLeet wrote:Regardless, that's a ******** way to play. I'm gonna start carrying around a pike or spear of some sorts for those guys. Or switch to full havel's and swing away. 

    The main point was, that requires no skill whatsoever.


    But i guess some people only care about winning, not getting better at the game or showcasing their skills.
    Sorry, but everything takes skill, no matter how easy it seems. Some things are just easier to get used to.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 pm

    Dibsville wrote: Sorry, but everything takes skill, no matter how easy it seems. Some things are just easier to get used to.
    ^This. You just need a lot of training in the game. No one is ever good and loses sometimes. Just study yourself, how you play and what you can do to be better.


    _________________
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Jansports on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm

    If my opponent isn't clever enough to beat out mindless r1 spam then I wont go out of my way to showcase my skill I'll simply hit him until he dies. Unless you give them a reason to stop r1 spamming why should they do anything else? You say it takes no skill, but really if that's the case, and you KNOW they're going to be spamming r1 shouldn't you be able to beat them no problem.

    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : -5
    Join date : 2012-02-22
    Age : 25
    Location : In a bong

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by goober0331 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:38 pm

    Even if a build your using is "X and Y this", you should always have backup weapons to counter anything the game throws at you, cause chances are your gonna run into people like that.
    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by kazumoshi on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm

    What are the stats on your Zweiromancer? If you can use the large club, or any greathammer, that rolling R1 will render any and all of their poise useless. You just gotta angle it right.


    _________________
    Wave
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

    Jansports wrote:If my opponent isn't clever enough to beat out mindless r1 spam then I wont go out of my way to showcase my skill I'll simply hit him until he dies. Unless you give them a reason to stop r1 spamming why should they do anything else? You say it takes no skill, but really if that's the case, and you KNOW they're going to be spamming r1 shouldn't you be able to beat them no problem.



    Clearly, these guys were going into the match planning on spamming r1. It happens all the time. That's all they do. Just because i know that, and because i think it requires no skill, means i should have beaten them with my zwei? 

    It doesn't require skill to unlock and spam r1. I just lacked the proper weapons/spells/pyro at the time to stop it. People will use whatever build they can, that can do the most damage the fastest because all they care about is winning. Thus, spamming r1 with one of the fastest weapons in the game that bleeds and stunlocks. 

    Just because i know these things doesn't mean i can beat them no problem. I made this thread for help on how to beat them. I got the help. I feel like you're talking to down to me.

    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:15 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Dibsville wrote: Sorry, but everything takes skill, no matter how easy it seems. Some things are just easier to get used to.
    ^This. You just need a lot of training in the game. No one is ever good and loses sometimes. Just study yourself, how you play and what you can do to be better.

     
    I've been playing this game for years. I rarely have troubles with people (randoms mostly.) I don't understand how i post a thread about spamming r1 and now i need a lot of training. Do you people look at post counts and join dates and assume that's when they started playing this game?

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:19 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Dibsville wrote: Sorry, but everything takes skill, no matter how easy it seems. Some things are just easier to get used to.
    ^This. You just need a lot of training in the game. No one is ever good and loses sometimes. Just study yourself, how you play and what you can do to be better.

     
    I've been playing this game for years. I rarely have troubles with people (randoms mostly.) I don't understand how i post a thread about spamming r1 and now i need a lot of training. Do you people look at post counts and join dates and assume that's when they started playing this game?
    You just made a thread ranting about R1 spam, something 9/10 of the forums have absolutely no problems with. Do you read these and think we assume you're new? I joined 4 months ago, yet I've had the game since release.

    You don't need training, you just need to understand that what you're doing to counter it obviously isn't working.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Animaaal on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

    The better question is:

    Is spamming different spells the same thing as r1 spamming?confused 
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

    Everybody has a kryptonite. Nobody plays absolutely perfect 100% of the time. Just because someone doesn't have a problem with something doesn't mean the next guy is the complete opposite. You might be awesome against zwei's. While someone posts a thread about "How do i stop a zweih user?"

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

    I started in December and played since launch but I am in no way unbeatable. You rant on something few people have issues and then go after us when we question how you play to help find an answer. My answer is to face these guys often so you learn how to deal with them like I did. And just because you had this game long doesn't make you good.


    Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

    Animaaal wrote:The better question is:

    Is spamming different spells the same thing as r1 spamming?confused 

     
    I'd say no. Because you have to switch spells, and have the time to cast/space to cast. So you'll be rolling around while switching spells and finding the right spot to cast.


    While these r1 spammers just straight walk up to you and swing.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

    If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Jansports on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:26 pm

    What I mean is, you can't look down on people and dismiss what they're doing as "no skill" simply because you think it's easy to do.

    I mean what are they supposed to do? they invade with the plan "I have a lot of poise and trade well I'm going to attack a lot" and instead of getting parried or having their attacks nullified with range or by being given non optimal trades they find that they are simply winning. Why would they stop and decide to do some fancy stuff to show off what you might construe as skill? Their plan was working, there was no need for them to adapt or change. That doesn't mean they're no skill play to win jerkoffs.

    And unless you were without ability to tank the first hit then parry you didn't lack the proper skill/weapon/whatever to beat them. Parrying curved sword r1 spam in this fashion is a common counter to various spammy builds, both GT spam and the Oroboro falchion spam.

    It's not that I'm looking down on you for not knowing how to beat them, you asked how you could which is a step in the right direction. However your insistence that they came into a fight with a plan that is easy to execute makes them "No skill" offends. I outlined why they didn't show anything beyond R1. For all you know one of them could have literally been the best PvPer that plays the game. I wont say spamming R1 isn't easy, but how could you possibly gauge their skill level if you gave them no reason to do anything else?
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 pm

    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I started in December and played since launch but I am in no way unbeatable. You rant on something few people have issues and then go after us when we question how you play to help find an answer. My answer is to face these guys often so you learn how to deal with them like I did. And just because you had this game long doesn't make you good.



    I didn't go after anyone. I feel a couple of you are being smartasses while a couple are actually trying to help. Saying "you need more training" doesn't help.

    Someone said spear, someone said parry, someone said use the gt against them. THAT is help.

    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

    Dibsville wrote:If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.



    Target shield.

    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.



    Target shield.
    You're using a Target Shield and complaining about R1 spamming?
    Does not compute.


    Last edited by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Animaaal on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:The better question is:

    Is spamming different spells the same thing as r1 spamming?confused 

     
    I'd say no. Because you have to switch spells, and have the time to cast/space to cast. So you'll be rolling around while switching spells and finding the right spot to cast.


    While these r1 spammers just straight walk up to you and swing.

    Correct. applause 
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

    Jansports wrote:What I mean is, you can't look down on people and dismiss what they're doing as "no skill" simply because you think it's easy to do.

    I mean what are they supposed to do? they invade with the plan "I have a lot of poise and trade well I'm going to attack a lot" and instead of getting parried or having their attacks nullified with range or by being given non optimal trades they find that they are simply winning. Why would they stop and decide to do some fancy stuff to show off what you might construe as skill? Their plan was working, there was no need for them to adapt or change. That doesn't mean they're no skill play to win jerkoffs.

    And unless you were without ability to tank the first hit then parry you didn't lack the proper skill/weapon/whatever to beat them. Parrying curved sword r1 spam in this fashion is a common counter to various spammy builds, both GT spam and the Oroboro falchion spam.

    It's not that I'm looking down on you for not knowing how to beat them, you asked how you could which is a step in the right direction. However your insistence that they came into a fight with a plan that is easy to execute makes them "No skill" offends. I outlined why they didn't show anything beyond R1. For all you know one of them could have literally been the best PvPer that plays the game. I wont say spamming R1 isn't easy, but how could you possibly gauge their skill level if you gave them no reason to do anything else?

     

    I never said they suck at the game. I never said they lack skill. I simply said, specifically, gold tracer spamming requires no skill. For all i know, they were bored and were trying something new. It's the fact i run into these guys all the time. I understand what you are saying, but i never put them down personally. I put down the tactic.

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

    And I gave my advice which is to face them and form tactics to kill them. They all have weaknesses you need to find and exploit them. And every weapon in this game has it use against r1 spammers just find those tactics.


    _________________
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.



    Target shield.
    You're using a Target Shield and complaining about R1 spamming?
    Does not compute.

     

    What are you assuming i parry spam? I was two handing my zwei.

    avatar
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 302
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-11
    Location : British Colombia

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by kazumoshi on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.



    Target shield.

    Target shield should still work fine. Mind you I don't really parry in PvP.
    Just out of curiosity, could you post your build?


    _________________
    Wave
    avatar
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1375
    Reputation : 70
    Join date : 2013-06-10
    Age : 25

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Leet on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm

    Animaaal wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:The better question is:

    Is spamming different spells the same thing as r1 spamming?confused 

     
    I'd say no. Because you have to switch spells, and have the time to cast/space to cast. So you'll be rolling around while switching spells and finding the right spot to cast.


    While these r1 spammers just straight walk up to you and swing.

    Correct.  applause 

     
    Bow

    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm

    The target shield is fast. Time the parry. And you can stunlock easy with a zwei right? if you were two handing it then stun them to death.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm

    TooLeet wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you were using Zwei, than I'm assuming you had a Grass Crest Shield. You could have parried them and more or less ended the fight right then and there.



    Target shield.
    You're using a Target Shield and complaining about R1 spamming?
    Does not compute.

     

    What are you assuming i parry spam? I was two handing my zwei.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you couldn't press the Triangle Button to get your Target Shield out, and tap L2 ONE TIME to get the parry on the guy who was CONSTANTLY ATTACKING, even though the chances that you wouldn't get the parry would have been close to none.

    I didn't mean mean to offend you.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Venting about PVP

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 pm