Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 39 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Ha ha, just got a pair with the help of another hunter. The phantom was king fisher but kept letting me use humanity. It was worth it to see him get blindsided by papa shroom. The host wasn't any better, with my partner constantly bs-ing the guy and then lloyding him while he was down. Fight ended with a cartwheel swipe from my Quelaag's.

Cloud - good job. You are a beast with that Q. Sword!! One question though in one of your previous videos you had to repair your gargoyle halberd but I could not understand what was the cause of the wear (or had you not repaired it in a while). You are also very good with the G. Halberd - makes me want to dust off the old Lightning Sycthe (this was the first weapon I learned all of the movesets for).
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Tolvo wrote:Broke in that first video I did think you were being a bit too defensive, but that stunlock at the end was a very great choice. Both of those videos had some pretty nuts lag, but probably the second one was just a guy with a really **** connection. If he was a lag abuser he would have straight up BS'ed you rather than try to fight.

Tolvo - thanks bro. Yeah the lag had be "shook" for a second so I was just trying to determine how bad it was. I think in the 1st vid the lag was so bad I could not even hit the camper. This is about the worst lag I have ever seen. Glad the covenant was able to come out on top in both of these fights.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I hadn't repaired it in a while, all my gear was on the verge of dieing, armor included. Q. Sword is probably my favorite sword out of all the others in-game, though I am trying to branch into the Ultra-greatswords (MLGS+1 is great for weight, but I don't have a good enough int to back it up. GSoA+2 I have decent stats for it, but its weight means I can only have that w/o a back up)

I've got a +14 scythe but I haven't bothered to find a bloody slab for it, and I wanna use a slab on Avelyn first.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Cloud you are unbelievable with that G.H, you appear to destroy all opposition :L Natalia wants to know if she could have a... duel winking and yeah i'd be up for one too big grin

Natalia sends her love... for the videos winking haha just chuck a message for a chat or when to arrange it breh :L

Peace

Wait I havent even talked about Willy, Natalia says that i apparently fight like you, I dont know if i do but hey keep it up :L
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm

By the way, weirdest way to compliment someone on their Dark Souls skill.

"Man, you fight like a Brokenwilly."
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

If anyone has a 200~ish toon I will gladly duel. I find the tower in PW is an ideal arena so I haven't touched Priscilla in this playthrough.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way, weirdest way to compliment someone on their Dark Souls skill.

"Man, you fight like a Brokenwilly."

I know, I know I need to ramp up the intensity. TehInfamousAmos - be prepared for some good ribbing if you are not constantly blowing things up like Cloud or basically dismembering every camper you run across like Tolvo.lol!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Conflagration is a great way to great gankers big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

So I've felt a bit bored in the forest lately, the farmers just don't seem to get any better. I've needed a bigger challenge from them, so with my Men in Tights build it has been perfect. I invade with base leather armor, a Composite Bow, Long Sword, Estoc, and Parrying dagger. I use throwing knives, and poison arrows. Lloyd's of course, and no humanity. It has really made things interesting for me, as well it has increased my parrying skill by a great amount, I highly suggest people try it. I've been using a Gloranthy ring, and Red Tearstone ring with this build and I'm having so much fun.

By the way I posted this elsewhere but a little trick I do with Poison Throwing knives. I throw them at medium range so people run up for a hit to punish me, then I immediately parry. I can't tell you the exact numbers, but about 90% of the times this ends in a Riposte, and about 5% of the times a deflection. The campers just fall for it every time, it's actually really good in duels as well.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Brokewilly - loved seeing the host get eaten by the ent. That never gets old. And that was some brutal lag. In the first video during that crazy lagstab you could actually see the guy target locked on the spot you'd vacated 2 seconds earlier. Were these farmers European or Japanese? I endure a lot of similar lagstabs when facing Japanese players.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Do you think it's worth dropping some poise and my dwgr for rofap and fast roll? I just don't have enough stamina to really stunlock enemies when they make a mistake. Now that I'm not using grass crest or mask of the child I've got some bad stamina regen issues as well.

Does anyone here ever use the greataxe? It seems like it could stunlock really well, it doesn't take a huge amount of stamina to swing, and I've heard that it has the highest base AR in the game. Combine that with super maxed out buffs and I can imagine one-shotting people with a regular hit.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

I'd say go with a weapon you're sure you can hit with. High damage only goes so far if you can't smack a fool with it enough. I do suggest going for something more Stamina friendly though.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

The murakumo certainly is that... It's difficult to hit with, takes tons of stamina, and gets me destroyed by rapiers and spears, but it's awesome.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Be like me, use a smaller curved sword. Not as many of those in use which is all the better for me, means the gankers aren't used to Q's sword as they are to Ultra greatsword.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:59 pm

cloudyeki wrote:I'd say go with a weapon you're sure you can hit with. High damage only goes so far if you can't smack a fool with it enough. I do suggest going for something more Stamina friendly though.

I agree with Cloud - stamina is life in any combat situation not just the forest. I try to keep my stamina high as possible (stamina grass, Child's Mask and sometimes I use the Grass Crest Shield).

Also, if you are going to use the Great Axe then you need to make sure you can hit your opponent. I recommend playing around with it for a full day by killing enemies in PVE (to understand the moveset) and invading (to get an idea of whether it lends itself actual combat). I experiment a lot so when I am curious about a weapon I usually dedicate a full day to make sure I have a good understanding of how to best use it (or not if it does not fit your play style).
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Blegh. I tried to use lower damage faster weapons, but I am heavily reliant on insta-kill backstabs. Power within means I die in less than 2 minutes if I take no damage, and SLB runs out in a minute. I buff myself, my weapon, and then run in either to my death or to a quick victory. My weapons are still good unbuffed, and I can always use pyromancies, but the extra oomph is what lets me kill the gankers. Power within also means that my enemies know exactly where I am, so I can't run and hide, and they know I'm around the corner trying to cast Chaos Storm.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Aw, I get your style. Hm.... I'm always an advocate for pole weapons, so I say try out the scythe. Buffable, good moveset and reach, good radius in the horizontal hits. 2h it and watch as fools run right into your r2 thinking they can punish you, then laugh in ther staggered face as you get 2 free hits. Only problem with it is it can drain your stamina fast if you go swing crazy with it. If you need more damage then buff it, but with my halberd I do just fine with the 2-400s I tend to hit.

Damage is not the priority, it's landing successful hits. If you can hit 3000 damage with a bloody telephone pole then good, now let's see you swing that thing at a fool.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Quarik wrote:The murakumo certainly is that... It's difficult to hit with, takes tons of stamina, and gets me destroyed by rapiers and spears, but it's awesome.

Quarik - you may need to keep experimenting with different weapons until u "find your calling" as they say.For example I am Mura user so I learned it well (strengths and weakness) - it is my primary weapon. Now since I know the Mura's strengths and weakness I have to pick a secondary weapon (whatever that may be) to compliment it. The primary and secondary weapons you select you must know them inside and out. Hopefully you will pick the right mix of primary and secondary weapons that won't leave you "out there" in any type of battle (you know how the forest is - you can run across anything). This is what I had to do and most other players have to do. Ask your self which weapons go with my play style?

Now you stated that you get destroyed by rapiers and spears when you wield the Mura. Using the Mura in a scenerio in which your opponent has a faster or longer reach weapon means you should have immediately switched to your secondary weapon. Your secondary weapon should be a weapon which can counter either a faster weapon (rapier), longer reach weapon or both. If you go back and look at one of the vids I posted in this thread in which I have a long 1v1 fight with a camper armed with a Mura. I immediately knew to change to my secondary which was C. Trident - which was a better counter to his Mura. Also, I knew never go toe-toe with a Mura if you don't have to until you choose the time. In the vid when camper casted TWoP (and I was able to pop a humanity so I could take a BS) I knew this was it so I changed back over to my Mura and started swinging even before he got to me (he was two handing the Mura with cloth armor which was a big mistake) stun-locking him for the win.

You just have to "find your calling" thats all.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Words of wisdom indeed. I really need to play with the server a bit, all these mua's are making me feel a bit self-councious.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Words of wisdom indeed. I really need to play with the server a bit, all these mua's are making me feel a bit self-councious.

I have only fought one camper who used the server and he did not use it well. I have always been curious about that weapon. It appears to me the it has two main weakness and one strength - it's a wind-up weapon (like the Mura, Gravelord Sword, etc) and it has a shorter reach creating one large weakness in my book - you can mitigate one weakness but not two easily. But I do believe if you get rolling with it on your opponent it probably would stun-lock them to oblivion. In my opinion the server is a highly conditional weapon - you have a small window of opportunity in which you could do some serious damage. I would love to see someone who can use it to its full potential (@Cloud???) - may have to Youtube it see what I can find.

Please correct me if any my assumptions above are incorrect because I have never used the server in battle only fought against it.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Aw, I get your style. Hm.... I'm always an advocate for pole weapons, so I say try out the scythe. Buffable, good moveset and reach, good radius in the horizontal hits. 2h it and watch as fools run right into your r2 thinking they can punish you, then laugh in ther staggered face as you get 2 free hits. Only problem with it is it can drain your stamina fast if you go swing crazy with it. If you need more damage then buff it, but with my halberd I do just fine with the 2-400s I tend to hit.

Damage is not the priority, it's landing successful hits. If you can hit 3000 damage with a bloody telephone pole then good, now let's see you swing that thing at a fool.

I've got the G. Scythe, but it wasn't my thing. BSS was good, but didn't do enough damage to kill. I despise halberd movesets, and katanas don't quite cut it for me either. I've seen the pike destroy things though. Met a farmer and his phantom a few weeks ago, we both buffed, and he two shotted me with r1 attacks from it while I was attacking the phantom. I could always equip a spear or something in my left hand to poke and have a hard hitting weapon like the greataxe or the mura in my right (totally copied from a ganker).

I'll check out the server as well, it occurs to me that if I went hyper-aggressive (more so than I already am) with it, it could partially negate power within.

(Yay, belated 100 posts! *glances at Tolvo, feels inadequate*)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 pm

If you're looking for a nice weapon that can stunlock I always like the Man Serpent GreatSword. If you have high strength its amazing at +15. I get 4 2 handed or 5 one handed swings at 130ish stamina. Its also great at stunlocking even at gankers using giants armour.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm gonna go play with the Balder SWAG Sword and server in the forest, I'll post my results when I'm done.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 am

Whelp, end result for the server. It's decent enough on it's own, but if you have the Murakumo then there really isn't a point to use the Server. The health regen is pitiful, and it's reach means it can't dead angle like the Murakumo.

As for the bss, if you can buff it then you're golden, otherwise find another weapon. GSoA is probably one of my new favorite weapons, but it's r2s are absolutely useless so your really only ever gonna stunlock with r1 and rolling r1.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 am

I've refined my style some. Glass cannon isn't for me. I don't like the necessity of rushing in for the kill with tearstone, power within and lemon blade stacked. However, removing the tearstone ring and using the other two is my new favorite. My success rate rose dramatically with the increased damage. Most unskilled campers run to heal after one hit, you know....the one that does 600 to well over 800 in some cases. I'll share my best two victories. I hit a guy in full giant's for over 600. It was obvious he wasn't used to that.

I invaded a camper who ohko me a bunch of times during my pure cannon trials. She was dressed in moonlight set with demon spear. Caught her alone with my power tarkus build. I spawned in the foresr so did pw immediately only to have her sneak up behind me. Rolled out of the first attack and turned. Block, block and the very rare from me parry. Missed the riposte but my r1 one handed stun locked her and did over 800 each hit. I wish I would have had time for lemon blade and landed the riposte. She might have left the forest for good

I did get an epic cannon win before scrapping it. Spawn in the woods and see two campers lumber jacking. They're far enough to risk pw. They don't see me. On goes lemon blade. I sprint to the host who backpedals with all his might. Not enough though. Two hits do 1640 and the 21 from the hit to his shield was enough to kill him. I ran to the phantom who barely had time to react so he can watch pw kill me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am