Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Share
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Eyelidless on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm

    So I am doing a tank build for jolly co-op so I have levelled up my vit and end quite high. I am just about to enter sens fortress and I need a good weapon for 16 strength and 14 dex.

    If anyone says drake sword I will kill myself !
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:09 pm

    Have you unlocked Vamos in the Catacombs?


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Eyelidless on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 pm

    Dibsville wrote:Have you unlocked Vamos in the Catacombs?

     No but I could because I can speed run the catacombs easy
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:13 pm

    Eyelidless wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Have you unlocked Vamos in the Catacombs?

     No but I could because I can speed run the catacombs easy
    Okay, you'll need 10 Green Shards. If you don't have them, go down to Blight Town and farm the Slugs down there. They drop 5 Green titanite Shards at a time, and it's actually quite a common drop. Farm until you have at least 10 shards (So two drops).

    Then go buy a Rapier and go down to Vamos. Get the Rapier to Fire +5. You'll be able to one-shot the Serpentmen in Sen's with a backstab.

    If you want, you can also farm for some more shards to grab an extra weapon to use in Anor Londo.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Eyelidless

    Posts : 12
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2013-06-26
    Age : 19
    Location : uk

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Eyelidless on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:16 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Eyelidless wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Have you unlocked Vamos in the Catacombs?

     No but I could because I can speed run the catacombs easy
    Okay, you'll need 10 Green Shards. If you don't have them, go down to Blight Town and farm the Slugs down there. They drop 5 Green titanite Shards at a time, and it's actually quite a common drop. Farm until you have at least 10 shards (So two drops).

    Then go buy a Rapier and go down to Vamos. Get the Rapier to Fire +5. You'll be able to one-shot the Serpentmen in Sen's with a backstab.

    If you want, you can also farm for some more shards to grab an extra weapon to use in Anor Londo.

     Will do thanks

    Also cos you can't backstab bosses Is there any weapon that does a lot of damage against bosses with these stat requirements
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by WaffleGuy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm

    I say Flamberge for cool-points, or Lucerne if you can get used to it :razz:


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things
    avatar
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 445
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-01-24
    Location : Nowhere you've heard of.

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Shakie666 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:31 pm

    Well, the very best you could get at that point would be a +2 chaos zweihander, unless there's some way to farm red chunks before sens? Anyway, that should see you through sens easily, and probably all of anor londo as well, after which you can upgrade that chaos zwei to +5 biggrin  Just don't forget to buy a giantdad outfit to go with it.
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by twigsterxd on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 pm

    You should have a halberd and if you haven't made it into anything yet, you could +5 fire that and it will work for both areas


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 pm

    I have a character 16 str/12 dex at lvl 42 that does a lot of coop.  My favourite weapons are (all elemental):
    Claymore
    Zweihander
    Composite Bow
    Rapier
    Estoc
    Bandit Knife
    Gargoyle Halberd
    Scythe

    With your stats, you could grab the Gravelord sword as well, but you'd need to two hand it all the time.  If you need a weapon for Sens, any of the above at +10 is fine as well, with the intent of turning it into lightning.  Fire route works as well if you want to do that.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV

    Sponsored content

    Re: Low-ish stat weapon help ?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:56 pm