Bring back Crushing weapons

    Share
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Lmaousine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:58 pm

    I don't want to struggle against dex players with a str build
    I want to see fast weapons that don't stagger you every time you miss with them
    I miss my Crushing Knight Sword +5, so could you bring it back pretty please?
    And I also miss my Crushing Claymore +5


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:59 pm

    Crushing and Sharp were kind of made useless since quality always gives you better damage. You can still solidly hit 350 on a longsword with 40 STR and 10 DEX.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:00 pm

    Strength has always struggled against Dex.

    What are you talking about.

    If they bring back Crushing, they'll also bring back Sharp. That may or may not make things worse than they already are, since we have no idea how the weapons work in DkS2 yet.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 443
    Reputation : 14
    Join date : 2012-06-14

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by passivefamiliar on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:17 pm

    knowing how weapons work or not. the IDEA of demons upgrade system , to me anyway, was a better upgrade system. i'd love to see it copy pasted into dark2. or if nothing else a new system. because i didnt much like the dark system. it worked, but it just felt...dull.


    _________________
    PSN id: Passivefamiliar


    pony05  ...why is this here you ask? Its a dark world out there. Thats why.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:21 pm

    I didn't really like the Crushing/Sharp upgrades. While I like how Dark Souls does not limit you in terms of weapons, I don't like how you can practically make ANY WEAPON into a weapon that suits you. I like that I can attribute my stuff to boost my weapon power, I DO NOT like that I can attribute my weapon to mix with any stats I want and still be powerful.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Lmaousine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:30 pm

    Dibsville wrote:Strength has always struggled against Dex.

    What are you talking about.


    Crushing and Sharp are what made Demon's Souls PvP so balanced, I would never struggle against Dex players because I also had a fast, high damaging weapon such as a Crushing Knight Sword to go toe-to-toe with my opponents Sharp Uchigatana.

    In Dark Souls however, I have to use Str weapons that have crippling weight or stagger me everytime I miss with them, meanwhile my opponent with his Uchigatana gets free hits because my weapons have the attack speed of molasses.

    That is my opinion, if you think that my argument is wrong, then you are welcome to post a counterargument.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 pm

    I don't like that kind of balance. A Strength weapon should be just that; a Strength weapon. It shouldn't be one of the fastest weapons in the game, while still doing insane damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 pm

    Dibsville wrote:Strength has always struggled against Dex.

    What are you talking about.

    If they bring back Crushing, they'll also bring back Sharp. That may or may not make things worse than they already are, since we have no idea how the weapons work in DkS2 yet.
    2 words. Great Axe. Never met a dex user I couldn't pound into paste with it (in demons)


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:38 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Strength has always struggled against Dex.

    What are you talking about.

    If they bring back Crushing, they'll also bring back Sharp. That may or may not make things worse than they already are, since we have no idea how the weapons work in DkS2 yet.
    2 words. Great Axe. Never met a dex user I couldn't pound into paste with it (in demons)
    Never met a Dex user I couldn't pound to paste with a Greataxe either. (In Dark Souls)

    It's still an amazing weapon. I don't understand why it's so under-appreciated.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Lmaousine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:42 pm

    Dibsville wrote:I don't like that kind of balance. A Strength weapon should be just that; a Strength weapon.
    It shouldn't be one of the fastest weapons in the game, while still doing insane damage.

    Dark Souls dex weapons in a nutshell


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:44 pm

    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I don't like that kind of balance. A Strength weapon should be just that; a Strength weapon.
    It shouldn't be one of the fastest weapons in the game, while still doing insane damage.

    Dark Souls dex weapons in a nutshell
    Dex weapons do medium or low damage.
    Please name a Dex weapon that does insane damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:46 pm

    Narrow hit box, short, heavy, slow, easy to parry, tough to dead angle with, doesn't stunlock, generally outclassed by the zweih, weapon buffs on dex weapons match the damage and afford more free weight for poise.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:01 pm

    Forum Pirate wrote:Narrow hit box, short, heavy, slow, easy to parry, tough to dead angle with, doesn't stunlock, generally outclassed by the zweih, weapon buffs on dex weapons match the damage and afford more free weight for poise.
    And don't forget one of the best baiting combos in the entire game that can end a fight in one go if done properly.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:08 pm

    Can do the same thing with zweih r2's. You being clever with a weapon, does not a good weapon make.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

    No weapon is good until you use it properly.

    This is Dark Souls, not CoD. We're not running around with MP40's.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Lmaousine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:11 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I don't like that kind of balance. A Strength weapon should be just that; a Strength weapon.
    It shouldn't be one of the fastest weapons in the game, while still doing insane damage.

    Dark Souls dex weapons in a nutshell
    Dex weapons do medium or low damage.
    Please name a Dex weapon that does insane damage.
    Gold Tracer
    Any Katana but Washing Pole
    Great Scythe 
    Murakumo, heavy weight but it can stunlock
    Quelaags Furysword 
    Also keep in mind that Dex allows you to cast offensive spells faster
    The time it takes for most Str weapons to attack, you can get in two, maybe three attacks with Dex weapons in the same time.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:15 pm

    All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.

    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 pm

    Those all do medium to low damage (per hit,) the mura does damage fairly close to the claymore as the upper end of dex weapons, looking at like 350 per hit most times, maybe 400 if you're lucky, everything else is far weaker. The dgm does 450. at 27 strength


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 169
    Reputation : -7
    Join date : 2013-06-03

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Lmaousine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 pm

    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.


    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    But can those weapons be setup parried? Are they as easy to parry as say, a mace, or a greataxe?
    Also the Crystal Greatword is the only bad Greatsword
    And I forgot to mention the Flamberge, the R2 can deal high damage and it also causes bleeding.


    _________________
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at the less fortunate.
    PSN: Lmaousine
     MY BUILDS

    Spoiler:

    (SL100) Legend http://mmdks.com/2bd4
    (SL100) Joker http://mmdks.com/31i1
    (SL100) Beezow http://mmdks.com/31i5
    (SL120) Blaxton
    (SL120) Kray Zee
    (SL120) Chief Bighorn
    (SL120) Luigi
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:31 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:I don't like that kind of balance. A Strength weapon should be just that; a Strength weapon.
    It shouldn't be one of the fastest weapons in the game, while still doing insane damage.

    Dark Souls dex weapons in a nutshell
    Dex weapons do medium or low damage.
    Please name a Dex weapon that does insane damage.
    Great scythe, gold tracer spam, rapier backstabs/ripostes. Any dex weapon buffed, especially falchions.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:32 pm

    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.


    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    But can those weapons be setup parried? Are they as easy to parry as say, a mace, or a greataxe?
    Also the Crystal Greatword is the only bad Greatsword
    And I forgot to mention the Flamberge, the R2 can deal high damage and it also causes bleeding.
    All of those can be setup parried.
    CGS is not a bad weapon, it's just outclassed when you, you know, beat the Depths.

    Flamberge is also a Greatsword, of course it does high damage.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:32 pm

    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.


    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    But can those weapons be setup parried? Are they as easy to parry as say, a mace, or a greataxe?
    Also the Crystal Greatword is the only bad Greatsword
    And I forgot to mention the Flamberge, the R2 can deal high damage and it also causes bleeding.
    Setup parries and bleed are useless in PvP against a good player, since you can roll through bleed and set up parries are rare since both players know what they're doing.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:34 pm

    SadPanda wrote:
    Lmaousine wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.


    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    But can those weapons be setup parried? Are they as easy to parry as say, a mace, or a greataxe?
    Also the Crystal Greatword is the only bad Greatsword
    And I forgot to mention the Flamberge, the R2 can deal high damage and it also causes bleeding.
    Setup parries and bleed are useless in PvP against a good player, since you can roll through bleed and set up parries are rare since both players know what they're doing.
    We're not talking about who's fighting the weapon, just the weapons itself. A good player can make any weapon extremely good or useless.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 900
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2013-04-20

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 pm

    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.

    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    And Dibs, you are kinda contradicting yourself. You asked for strong dex weapons, by dex we assume you mean good dex scaling. But all the ones we suggest you say aren't "technically" a dex weapon.


    _________________
    Well What is it mastr of downboats Well What is it
    edjier dan a knife
    Xbox GT: Gapestation
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:37 pm

    SadPanda wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:All those except Mura do medium damage. Great Scythe is extremely easy to fight against since about 95% of people who use it are garbage with it.

    Tracer can be parried.
    Furysword can be parried.
    Katanas can be parried.

    Mura is a Greatsword, there's a reason it does high damage. Every Greatsword does high damage. That one is self-explanatory. There's no reason it shouldn't have high damage.
    And Dibs, you are kinda contradicting yourself. You asked for strong dex weapons, by dex we assume you mean good dex scaling. But all the ones we suggest you say aren't "technically" a dex weapon.
    What? I seriously can not understand what you mean.

    I never said any of them are not technically Dex weapons?

    The only one in there that is even close to not being a Dex weapon is the Mura, which I still consider to be a Dex weapon.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Bring back Crushing weapons

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 pm