Strenght Build weapons

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: Strenght Build weapons

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Shakie666 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:325/325 split does not outdamage 528 pure.

Again, it's just outclassed by other weapons. Also, you named pure Dex weapons to compare to the Zwei? Try something that's a little closer to Quality like the Zwei is if you're going to compare the two in terms of scaling.

Also, Zwei has the moveset. While other weapons are better than it, moveset still comes in to play as well.

Explain why people use Iaito over the other Katanas.

I don't know about you, but i've never seen anyone use the Iaito's R2 attacks in serious pvp.

The fact that the zwei is outclassed by other str weapons automatically makes it bad, since (by definition of being outclassed) it has no redeeming features. There's nothing the zwei can do that the pure str weapons can't do better.
    Except have the highest stunlock of any weapon as well as a viable R2, as compared to the DGM.

I use Iaito in serious PvP, I promise you it's a great weapon if you use the R2's properly.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:14 pm

against this http://mmdks.com/31f8 fairly common setup (not counting weapons) a zweih with 528 ar (40 str/10dex) will deal 302 damage. against the same set, a lightning zweih will deal 294. A chaos zweih will deal just over 311, as confirmed by the graph in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivcFgXbLKRQ&list=PL_u1CZEnCr1n5YaGoVJMRQmWwVJstp2nW&index=13 so technicially you're right, but I do believe I've made my point. It works just as well or better elemental with base requirements (chip damage) than as a strength weapon (the +15 at 40/10.)

In addition, the msgs has great r2s and can be chained into a stunlock easily, while doing more damage and being faster.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Depends on the setup.

I'm done with this. In my opinion, Zwei is a Strength weapon. It's highest scaling is in Strength. If it was C/C or D/D, I'd consider it Quality, but it's not. Just my opinion, you guys can debate with me all day on that one, but weapon scaling is something I will not change my opinions on.

Have a good day. Bow 

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Better update your sig.

happy

Just joking, but I think you're pretty alone in your opinion on this.  If a 40/10 setup is only marginally better than the elemental version... it's not a STR weapon.  With it's stunlocking, it's better to stop at 27STR and pump the rest into Dex.  I use the zwei often and rarely do I 1hand it.

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow.  Lively discussion.  You guys sure are passionate about this stuff.  Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Aw man I missed the party

Prostration

And the wisdom of the elderly.

PSN: Arrmorcore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content