Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Emergence
Walter_White
Sentiel
7 posters

Boletarian Travel Guide

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Boletarian Travel Guide Empty Boletarian Travel Guide

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello and welcome to this fine guide for all your travels in the accursed land of Boletaria.

General Tips

Prepare to DIE
    Spoiler:

Soul and Body Forms
    Spoiler:

Equip and Carry Burden
    Spoiler:

Archstones and the Nexus
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

NPCs
    Spoiler:

World Tendency
    Spoiler:

Character Tendency
    Spoiler:

Repairing and Upgrading
    Spoiler:

New Game Plus
    Spoiler:

Trophies
    Spoiler:

~This guide has been created in collaboration with Walter_White, Emergence and FexDS.

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typos)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Boletarian Travel Guide Empty Re: Boletarian Travel Guide

PvE

Now that you've been introduced to the various mechanics of this amazing game, it's time to take a closer look at its PvE. As before, I will avoid all possible story spoilers, with exceptions to the boss section. Even so, each boss will have its separate section, so you don't spoiler yourself in case if you're looking for help with only one particular bossfight.

General Tips
    Spoiler:

Bosses

Spoiler:

Co-Op
    Spoiler:

Rating
    Spoiler:

~This guide has been created in collaboration with Walter_White, Emergence and FexDS.

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

PvP

Now that we covered both general mechanics of the game and PvE, it's time for a few tips about PvP. The game has far less players than Dark Souls, so it's unlike to run into an invader, but you're quite likely to be able to invade someone instead. Unlike Dark Souls, Demon's Souls really motivates its players to be in Body Form, and thus they are open to invasions, but cannot invade themselves.

General Tips
    Spoiler:

Invader Tips
    Spoiler:

Host Tips

Spoiler:

Duel Tips

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sentiel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Boletarian Travel Guide Empty SL 125 Duels / Fight Clubs

Post by Walter_White Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Due to CT and WT and the slightly different online mode in Demons Souls compared to Dark Souls there are some things to take account of for a fair and honorable duel. You can't just host and fight invader/red summons or set your red sign/invade and fight a host if you want a even playground and fair chances for both. A fair duel on even playground always involves a host, that is not fighting, but only gives you the room for a fair duel.

The meta SL 120 in Dark Souls is a heritage from Demons Souls. Most builds are made for SL 125, because you will often lose some SL. In fact SL 120-130 is the meta. When making a build this should also work on SL120.

Builds, Weapons, Armor Shields and Spells should be chosen good to perform well in a duel. I will give some examples without claiming to be exhaustive - just the top tier and some of my personal preferences.

SL 125 Duels / Fight Clubs

Even Playground
    Spoiler:

Builds
    Spoiler:

Armor
    Spoiler:

Weapons
    Spoiler:

Talisman / Catalyst
    Spoiler:

Spells / Miracles
    Spoiler:

Shields
    Spoiler:

Duel / FC Spots
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Walter_White on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Stickied, great collaborative work Sent and Walter. happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Thank you boss.
    And thank you one more time for giving us a sticky.

I hope our little Travel Guide will help a lot of Boletarian tourists. happy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Since this is designed for veterans, it may be worth making a thread with the newbie guide Fex and I made as a companion to people new to the Souls series.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 am

Emergence wrote:Since this is designed for veterans, it may be worth making a thread with the newbie guide Fex and I made as a companion to people new to the Souls series.
    Hmmmm
    That shouldn't be too hard. I think that most of the things in my posts can be used for newcomers as well. I'd just remove all Dark Souls references and made a newcomer part, where I would explain the very basics of the game and it's combat. Stuff like: use your shield, be careful, watch your surroundings etc.

What says thou?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 am

Giving this a read-through now.  Great guide so far!  And don't hate me for being nitpicky here but in the WT section when discussing the Dragon Bone Smasher, it's to the left of the intersection, not the right straight face

EDIT: Also, on character tendency, I'm pretty sure that successfully killing a boss as a Blue Phantom will raise you towards PWCT. The only reason I'm not 100% sure is because you seem to have done your research here, so maybe you leaving that out was intentional.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:01 pm

I wrote the three posts and made the charts in three days time with next to no free time and sleep. big grin
    There's bound to be tons of typos and mistakes in it, but fear not. I plan to fix all of them.

About the CT. I used my memory of the game and the Official Guide, along with livedoor wiki and wikispaces wiki. To my surprise none of them mentioned shifting CT towards PWCT when you kill a boss as a Blue Phantom.
    While I also think the CT shift happens, I decided to not include the information, as it can be false. It's quite hard to go test it myself too. I can get tons of invasions, but no one ever summons me, nor do I see any summons myself. :/
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Edited!
    I tried to remove all Dark Souls references (I may have missed some....) and added newbie tips into all sections of the guide.
    Now the guide should be usable by both Dark Souls players and newcomers to Souls series equally.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey Sent, a couple things need to be added but not sure if you want it here or a pm.
    So far Twig likes big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:20 am

Anything you find lacking, missing, or is incorrect, please bring to my attention, so that I can fix it. Do it either here, or by PMs. It doesn't really matter which as long as the problem gets resolved.
    I would like to avoid any and all misinformation in this thread. There's already enough of those all over the net, so one safe haven to search for information and tips would be great.

Thank you.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Emergence wrote:Stickied, great collaborative work Sent and Walter. happy

Thanks - but Sent did 90% of the work, i just complained about words and formulations (still don't agree with the word "visible" in connection to WT or CT. When it's visible it happend, if it's not visible it didn't happen. The WT change takes place with returning to nexus and then you can see that change as well.).

And the best way to do the WT Events is online - just use the server median for you instead of working against it.

Anyway - now i'm done with my part. On friday the forum broke under my fingers, so i couldn't finish. And the weekend was the first nice and hot weekend here. I couldn't stare at a monitor, when the summer comes along.

BBQ, Party, swimming and some Solaire real live cosplay Praise the Sun 

Now i'm going to repair my RC Helicopters and go on with what i stopped last autumn: inverted flight, flips, tictocs, rolls and loopings
    if i pratice 10 or 20 years, perhaps i can do the crazy stuff Bert is doing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDxaJTjCFhE
    thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up 

So i will only be online for the Demons Souls FC every friday night - summer isn't the time for playing inside Sun
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Since I couldn't find it I just wanted to tell you just in case that every October 6-18 the server shifts to pure white world tendency and 18-31 it shifts to pure black world tendency in honor of Demon's Souls anniversary and Halloween.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

We've moved, Come to talk at the new Demon's Souls Board : http://fextralife.com/forums/f4/demons-souls/
    Also read: http://fextralife.com/forums/t24904/welcome-to-our-leveled-up-forums!/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm