Standard PvP in Dark Souls is atrocious

hbm6

Re: Standard PvP in Dark Souls is atrocious

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Dibsville wrote:Rep is a way of other people knowing how trustworthy you can be, as well as how much quality you put into your posts. If someone with 5 rep makes a post, then another person with 40 rep makes a post, the 40 rep person will tend to be more trusted than the 5 rep person.

Stupid posts will get you negative rep, whereas helpful or sometimes funny posts will get you positive rep.

It only makes a difference to people who actually want to know how trustworthy someone is.

However, this specific thread isn't about any of those things, its about our opinions. getting a neg rep over my opinion, and than saying I'm not trustworthy is that how this place works.
    Where a small niche group or souls players who judge others who happen to have a differing opinion than themselves.
    I don't mind getting a neg rep, because it doesn't really affect me at all, I mostly lurk.straight face 

I didn't mean to write "w hore" I'm typing on my cell, and i didn't really proof read before I wrote it.

I'm not a new player i'm actually a pretty well experienced player in this game. I'm pretty well versed in every form of dark souls combat and its faults I just wanted to say my views on what I think dark souls 2 should function.

Last edited by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 pm

It's not something that should effect you too much. People were overreacting to what you were saying because they thought you were just being outright stupid. The only thing is that people who literally have negative rep tend to be cast aside instead of being listened to.

In this case, some people, (including me, which I apologise for), are going to see the negative in your rep before they see your post.

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:59 pm

I replied to your "parry fishers" post and you replied in a smart *** way saying "judging by your name and profile pic, need i say more."

We're not **** around here so there's no need to "judge" by a username or "avatar." You can come at people by what they post, in a polite, logical manner. Not by simply saying you don't agree with their username or avatar. I'm guessing that's what got you the negative rep.

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm

TooLeet wrote:I replied to your "parry fishers" post and you replied in a smart *** way saying "judging by your name and profile pic, need i say more."

We're not **** around here so there's no need to "judge" by a username or "avatar." You can come at people by what they post, in a polite, logical manner. Not by simply saying you don't agree with their username or avatar. I'm guessing that's what got you the negative rep.
    This, most people will choose their username or avatar just because it's funny or they like the way it looks/sounds. You should not judge someone by that.

There's someone named "StiffNipples", but you can't judge him because of that. He makes excellent posts.

hbm6

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:06 pm

TooLeet wrote:I replied to your "parry fishers" post and you replied in a smart *** way saying "judging by your name and profile pic, need i say more."

to be fair your post sound like you were being condescending. yeah I was being a ****.

I got it before I posted the reply, the other negs were after
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Now can we get back to the topic at hand and stop derailing this thread?

hbm6 all I will say is to be careful with what you write. Anything can be read in a positive and negative light.

Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:10 pm

hbm6 wrote:

to be fair your post sound like you were being condescending. yeah I was being a ****.

To be fair, his post was completely true. It may have seemed condescending, and it might have been, but that's not a reason to go out and judge him for one post.

Outside of this thread, people will normally act different towards you. If someone on this forum holds a grudge, then you had to have seriously pissed them off. People shouldn't treat you differently because of one post.

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:11 pm

hbm6 wrote:

Wasn't being condescending. It IS your fault if you get parried.

Back on topic, Standard PVP in DKS is atrocious. I agree. hahaha.

Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Standard PvP in any game is atrocious.

hbm6

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:14 pm

TooLeet wrote:

that wasn't what i was saying in my post at all, Shrug
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:16 pm

True that. That's why i love formal duels against people on this forum. We all agree that things such as chain stabs are horrible, so we don't do it. A mutual respect between players. I think it's more fun that way. Don't get me wrong, i still love smashing on randoms, but it's cool when i can play someone and get on here and say "yadada last night was fun blahblahblah." twisted

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Dibsville wrote:Standard PvP in any game is atrocious.
    Is that not why we change PvP to try to suit our needs or for fun? Because standard is also boring?

Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Dibsville wrote:Standard PvP in any game is atrocious.

PvP in a nutshell, by Seth Killian:

"It's my job to make my opponent's life as miserable and frustrating as possible, and it's his job to do the same to me. If we're both doing our jobs well, and we both had fun, then we know we are playing a good game."

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:17 pm

hbm6 wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:

that wasn't what i was saying in my post at all, Shrug

You said you hate parry spammers, and i said it's your fault if you get parried. Plain and simple. This debate it over. Stay on topic.

hbm6

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:29 pm

hbm6 wrote:...min-maxed health builds and parry fishers ..., the amount of kicks i have to do in these matches with these so called pros is absurd. I really hope in dark souls 2 they fix all of these pvp problems.

actually I never said I hated them.not me  I only said I wanted them fixed in Dark souls 2.
    This is why I thought pvp in Dark souls is absurd.big hug
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:30 pm

Look Skyward 
    Try this thing called dead-angling. It's helpful against parry fishers since they'll either take a partial or take the attack full force. There are some EXTREMELY RARE occasions when they'll get the parry, but I'd say it happens every 1 in 200 fights.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 pm

I recently did parry a dead angle. I never thought it was possible but it happened and I did win. But yes Dead angling is a good counter to parry.

Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I recently did parry a dead angle. I never thought it was possible but it happened and I did win. But yes Dead angling is a good counter to parry.
    Its not possible. You parried an attempted dead angle, his angle was wrong for the weapon he was using either because he screwed up or because you moved.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

hbm6

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Dibsville wrote:Look Skyward 
    Try this thing called dead-angling. It's helpful against parry fishers since they'll either take a partial or take the attack full force. There are some EXTREMELY RARE occasions when they'll get the parry, but I'd say it happens every 1 in 200 fights.

Look Skyward what makes you think I don't know tactics like that already, I'm just saying parry fishing is one of the many things that are inherently wrong with pvp, as is dead angling(it's a glitch).

There isn't enough of a punishment for attempting a parry, the only effective things you can do verses them do to the lag is strafe for a BS, dead-angle, or do a jumping attack hopefully not getting bs'd in the process.

I view if you want to do large amounts of damage like that, i feel there should be a larger space between parries, to add more of a risk reward to parrying.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:55 pm

*ahem*
    As a parry fisher myself, (not on an extreme level, I actually know what I'm doing instead of parrying blindly), being BS'd for missing a parry can completely screw up the entire fight for me. Risking being backstabbed is not worth going for the parry. If someone lets you backstab them because they were trying to parry you, then they're doing something wrong.

Also, the risk:reward ratio on parrying is unbalanced, there's way more risks. (depending on who you're fighting against, that is.)

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:57 pm

hbm6 wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Look Skyward 

Look Skyward what makes you think I don't know tactics like that already, I'm just saying parry fishing is one of the many things that are inherently wrong with pvp, as is dead angling(it's a glitch).

There isn't enough of a punishment for attempting a parry, the only effective things you can do verses them do to the lag is strafe for a BS, dead-angle, or do a jumping attack hopefully not getting bs'd in the process.

I view if you want to do large amounts of damage like that, i feel there should be a larger space between parries, to add more of a risk reward to parrying.
    Or laugh and slap them with css for 1300 damage.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I recently did parry a dead angle. I never thought it was possible but it happened and I did win. But yes Dead angling is a good counter to parry.
    Its not possible. You parried an attempted dead angle, his angle was wrong for the weapon he was using either because he screwed up or because you moved.

Looking back that may been what happened. What was it?....Ah it was a 2 hand zwei r1. Was weird because he was say...1 meter in front of me and about 2-3 inches to my left. It wasn't lag as the fight was good. Guess I was lucky Still it bizarre me as I never seen that.

Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:04 pm

If you're clever, you can do it on purpose. Its a nasty trick if you do it right, but it will cost you if you fail.

hbm6

Post by hbm6 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:10 pm

the reason I mentioned health builds and parry spammers is the last thing, I like to fight are parry spamming 50 hp tanks. The match becomes boring, I find magic spammers and ganks more fun to fight than them.

do anybody besides new players actually get hit by Css. Then again I haven't used a intell build in a long time.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:12 pm

hbm6 wrote:the reason I mentioned health builds and parry spammers is the last thing, I like to fight are parry spamming 50 hp tanks. The match becomes boring, I find magic spammers and ganks more fun to fight than them.

do anybody besides new players actually get hit by Css. Then again I haven't used a intell build in a long time.
    I don't get hit by it, but I can hit with it constantly.

Also, 50 Vit isn't tank. Don't forget that they usually have low defense. A tank has high health and defense. A 50 Vit person is easier to kill than a 35 Vit person who gouges End in full Giant's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:05 pm