Standard PvP in Dark Souls is atrocious

Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Standard PvP in Dark Souls is atrocious

Post by Leet on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:How about Hackers? Same old stuff as usual or we seeing some new things?

Don't know if it's new, but i had a dragon walking around the other day with no leg or body. It was floating arms and a head. He wouldn't bleed it. Infinite health/stamina (the usual.)

But the head and arms floating around were HILARIOUS. At first he just sat there and danced around while i sat there in astonishment. I didn't know what to do. I was crying from laughter. And then he roared me off the bridge in the burg. I blocked him after that, but it was hilarious.

P.S- EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET ALONG.

Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 am

If I was complaining I'd probably ask for a nerf or call it ridiculous instead of calling it funny or cute...

@Soris, hackers are still the same for me. DB spammers, infinite stamina/health, etc.

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:12 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:When a person waits until their health bar is very small(note I mentioned near death, as in one hit will kill you) to pull out Dark Bead, they aren't slapping it on there because "It's a fun spell and I use it" but because you want a back-up in case you start losing.
    In the game Guild Wars, there is a famous tournament match in which the relatively unknown guild Idiot Savants [iQ] beat the Korean and European favorites in a massive upset.  They did this by using creative strategies to overcome their lack of practice and knowledge of the game.  One of these strategies was to 'hide' a Meteor Storm.  They did this by equipping one of their characters with the spell, then playing the nearly entire game without using it.  Then in the final minutes of the match, they revealed the meteor storm.  Because the enemy guild did not know of it until this point, they were unable to prepare for it, and they lost the game.

In Dark Souls I call this phenomenon "Schrodinger's Combustion."
    The last part is pure genius.
    Have a +1 good sir. big grin

phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:How about Hackers? Same old stuff as usual or we seeing some new things?

Don't know if it's new, but i had a dragon walking around the other day with no leg or body. It was floating arms and a head. He wouldn't bleed it. Infinite health/stamina (the usual.)

But the head and arms floating around were HILARIOUS. At first he just sat there and danced around while i sat there in astonishment. I didn't know what to do. I was crying from laughter. And then he roared me off the bridge in the burg. I blocked him after that, but it was hilarious.

P.S- EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET ALONG.

Yea I experienced this on ps3 in Kiln! the hosts female character had purple hair and no legs, just hovered after me casting what looked like WoG but with a black shockwave. infinite health too. That was the last time I pursued PVP in the Kiln lol

:stone-orange: "Your'e going the wrong way." Point Forward"Don't pay any attention to them. They're just False Alarms. You get a lot of them in the Labyrinth, especially when you're on the right track..."  :stone-orange: "Oh, no you're not." Look Skyward"Oh, shut up!" :stone-orange:"Sorry, just doing my job."
    ---- PSN: robert frost ----
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Latitoast wrote:When a person waits until their health bar is very small(note I mentioned near death, as in one hit will kill you) to pull out Dark Bead, they aren't slapping it on there because "It's a fun spell and I use it" but because you want a back-up in case you start losing.

I find it funny that people do this all the time as if it's always going to save them, and then they get mad when I kill them anyways.

I don't care if you use Dark Bead, Wrath, etc. because I'll just dodge it.

I think it's pathetic that people are putting things on builds thinking they can't die because "I have Dark Bead with me"

It's obvious you keep Wrath as a back-up when you save it for when you are one hit away from death.

If I was close to death, I'd fight back, but I don't expect to win every time because "I got da Wrath and da Beadz bruh"

If you use Wrath while at high health, then it's a part of your build you use to compliment a weapon or something

If you save Wrath until you're at low health and then spam it for each and every fight it's simply there to save you from a death.

I find it hilarious that people actually think these things will save them from a death, because each time they die.
    He's saying you're being presumptious (and you are.) I cannot count the number of times I've been 1 or 2 hit2 from death and a clever wog+bs won the fight. You cannot know they think they're invincible because they have wog, but if you only have the 1 or 2 slots then its prudent to save at least one for a desperate situation, if not 2 or 3.

One could make the same "save you from a death" argument about any weapon swap at low health. Well, yeah, when I discovered my mace wasn't doing well against the rapier because I just ate a 1300 damage parry, its time to pull out the spear or halberd and kite them out. Its called adaptaition, and its the foundation of any meta game, the single most beneficial thing for a meta game, not something to be looked down upon.

The fight isn't over until someones dead, and if a last second tactic change gets them the win, you should applaud them. If it doesn't, you should applaud them for trying, and encourage them to try something new next time that might work better.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:28 pm

When a person waits until their health bar is very small(note I mentioned near death, as in one hit will kill you) to pull out Dark Bead, they aren't slapping it on there because "It's a fun spell and I use it" but because you want a back-up in case you start losing.

Harboring ill will in this case doesn't make any sense.  If they're near death, that means that to that point, whatever they were doing previously clearly wasn't working.  The rational response in such a scenario is to do something different.

Whether you spam magic first or last, switch weapons, switch to RTSR, or cast-cancel fish, it's all the same.  You're showing your opponent a change-up in a last ditch effort to win or get enough separation to heal.  That's rational play.

The only players I truly hate are cheaters, as they are really the only ones who ruin the souls experience.  Everything else is a simple "moral compass" where people expect others to enjoy the game differently than them, causing dissonance.  Yes, spawning into ganks sucks, but at the same time the game itself provides players with the ganking model directly (lautrec + 2 phantoms)...not a big leap to have people doing that.  For those who don't find that challenging, they can pursue invasions and try to avoid ganks or even to kill ganks in spite of the odds.  All of these choices...ganking, attacking ganks, invading overmatched players, invading down as darkmoon and being ruthless, etc are all part of the game's design and logically predicted patterns of behavior.

I suppose complaining about them is too, but that doesn't change the fact that it's silly :p.

sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 am

Jansports wrote:My obvious sarcasm aside. I find it quite irritating that literally everything ever gets complained about at some point, I mean seriously you just complained about players trying to win despite being in a losing situation. I can't understand what is causing complaints to seem to me more and more ridiculous to me. I used to see complaints and found that some had what I felt was reasonable validity, but really people trying to win is the new big issue in PvP?!
    +1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am