Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
ScottyDoesKnow
Leet
Sneezer
Soris Ice Goldwing
Pilgrim34
TheMeInTeam
Dibsville
SirArchmage
twigsterxd
Derpwraith
14 posters

Gosh Darn It

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gosh Darn It Empty Gosh Darn It

Post by Derpwraith Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:15 pm

It's nice to be a new member of the Darkstalkers but I just can't invade anywhere other than the forest hunters' headquarters at level 55, and every time I invade I just find a group of gankers and I can never kill them, invading a lot just so I can use the black Separation crystal to avoid some guy and his phantom taunting my corpse.

Are there any areas besides that place where you can invade people a whole lot faster at level 55? I was thinking Sen's fortress or the New Londo Ruins.

Last edited by Derpwraith on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Gosh Darn It Empty Re: Gosh Darn It

Post by twigsterxd Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:40 pm

If you have dlc I keep hearing township is loaded with all kinds of sl ranges
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Anor Londo and Dukes Archives are good places, though I suggest consulting Reim's soul levels of Lordran for better information. Though for me I get consistent invasions in both those places, though mostly in Anor Londo at that level are noobish people that are over leveled for that place and people that are already on NG+
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Anor Londo will get constant invasions at SL 55. Also don't forget about Demon Ruins. You'd be surprised how many people become human there not expecting to get invaded.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 pm

Dibsville wrote:Anor Londo will get constant invasions at SL 55. Also don't forget about Demon Ruins. You'd be surprised how many people become human there not expecting to get invaded.

I've certainly been there as a human with some frequency...but the amount of time from bonfire --> area boss is extremely short.  Anybody who wants could easily just run there and challenge it and you'd need a very specific build to stop them.  I suppose that's true in most areas aside from Sen's though.  A red blocking the path in Sen's can be a real pain.

I can't remember the last time I summoned help for Sif, but even there with all the reds/FH spamming spawns in there if you simply book it straight to the fog gate they either have to spawn near Alvina early or they will never, ever catch you.  I guess from that standpoint demon ruins is as good as anywhere.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:03 pm

You spawn in a specific spot in Demon Ruins, so you will either get them or not get them. There's no in-between.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Anor Londo will get constant invasions at SL 55. Also don't forget about Demon Ruins. You'd be surprised how many people become human there not expecting to get invaded.

I've certainly been there as a human with some frequency...but the amount of time from bonfire --> area boss is extremely short.  Anybody who wants could easily just run there and challenge it and you'd need a very specific build to stop them.  I suppose that's true in most areas aside from Sen's though.  A red blocking the path in Sen's can be a real pain.

I can't remember the last time I summoned help for Sif, but even there with all the reds/FH spamming spawns in there if you simply book it straight to the fog gate they either have to spawn near Alvina early or they will never, ever catch you.  I guess from that standpoint demon ruins is as good as anywhere.
    You can easily control where you spawn by invading in certain spots. In every place I invade I try to invade as close to the boss gate as possible. In the Forest I always invade on the bridge right before the Sif boss gate, so that I spawn there. No one is ever around that spawn and you can have the advantage of viewing if people are ganking before you even get near them. Invading right in front of the Ornstein and Smough(Pikachu and Snorlax) boss gate makes you spawn right there also. Unless you invade them as they are directly on the steps and walking to the boss gate, you can get them. In fact one time I still got them. He was in the process of stepping through the fog gate when I ran right from where I spawned and backstabbed him. You can do this with every place, especially in Sen's where you can spawn right above the last walkway.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I have a sl56 DW build that gets constant invasions in all lord soul areas, anor londo and the dlc, also on ps3. Also depends on what time of day you are playing, if you are in Europe then it goes without saying that there are many more players on in the evening!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Township, Forest, Anor Londo, Demon Ruins, Izalith (it is a different experience there). All the places I can think of that I would want to invade.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:38 pm

The Catacombs and the Painted World are my go-to places for SL55 invading. I personally have always hated Londo.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Painted world!
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:04 am

But what part of Anor Londo is worth invading? The first gargoyle, the cathedral, the hallways?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 am

Derpwraith wrote:

But what part of Anor Londo is worth invading? The first gargoyle, the cathedral, the hallways?
    Outside the boss gate or in the hallways will grant you more invasions but around the first gargoyle you will have an easier time finding people.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 am

On my SL50 I stock up on cracked orbs and then swap over to forest hunter. You can invade from anywhere and you seem to appear in random places in the forest so you won't be killed immediately. You can be invading anor londo and leave the ring on and get summons to the forest as well. It's good because if you do encounter gankers you can usually wait around for a minute and another phantom will come in to help. Lately I've been using the fog ring when I get summoned in and I can swap out if I don't need to be sneaky.

For anor londo I've recently been invading at the boss fog, just drop down from the princess bonfire and go just outside the door. You spawn right there so they can't get past you. Another good place is the solaire bonfire because you can invade right there for inside or go out on the balcony and you spawn in just before the archers.

I'm also pretty new to PvP so I haven't tried many other places but I'm having lots of fun with it. I also watch some streamers play on twitch.tv which I think helps a lot.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:52 am

Anor Londo, the Duke's archives, and Ariamis have been flooded with gankers today according to all of my invasions. It seems like the burg is the only place where most, if not all my invasions are one on one, though there are some people in the burg that can go suck it.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:33 am

There's a difference between gankers and people who are co-oping, invade at your own risk.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:41 am

Sneezer wrote:There's a difference between gankers and people who are co-oping, invade at your own risk.

All of them, waited for me and taunted my corpse.. o.o
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:28 pm

The burg will consist of hackers every once and a while, and people who will BS you while your bowing, but besides that i don't run into gankers. I'm usually hosting in the burg though. Or gravelording/dried fingers. I infect worlds, and use the dried finger to get invaded and in the midst of that i'll gave invaded by a spirit on vengeance. It's a lot of fun. But a lot of the times the spirit of vengeance will attack me right away because i infected their world. There are people who will wait though and bow and all that.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Township, Forest, Anor Londo, Demon Ruins, Izalith (it is a different experience there). All the places I can think of that I would want to invade.

^all of dem places r perfect another great spot is the painted world and fighting gankers is the best it's what u do if ur invading the forest, if u wanna kill questers go 2 like demon ruins or painted world, township has both
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Township, I'm too lazy to run down there and kill the hydra, just so I can run to the Duke's archives and run back. Darkroot Garden is just annoying. Anor Londo, I already tried Anor Londo and I keep finding questers with phantoms. Demon Ruins, can't find a single person there at all. Izalith, same as the Demon ruins. I tried the New Londo ruins. I find hosts extremely quickly, about a few seconds after I've used my orb. But all I find are questers and I feel bad after killing them. Besides they usually have phantoms because a lot of people find it hard to solo the four kings.

Last edited by Derpwraith on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 pm

It's easier to beat the four kings by yourself. I guess people haven't caught onto that yet.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:35 pm

TooLeet wrote:It's easier to beat the four kings by yourself. I guess people haven't caught onto that yet.

A lot of people prefer fat rolling in extremely heavy gear, sure the poise is good but you can barely catch up to them.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Derpwraith wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:It's easier to beat the four kings by yourself. I guess people haven't caught onto that yet.

A lot of people prefer fat rolling in extremely heavy gear, sure the poise is good but you can barely catch up to them.
    I can't even fight the Four Kings with anything but Fast Roll.
    It's literally impossible for me.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Derpwraith wrote:

Dodging Four Kings with Fat Roll for the win.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Derpwraith wrote:

Funny, I just wear full havel's and don't even bother dodging. Even on NG+7, if you stand right next to them you'll take hardly any damage. Combined with the fact they attack once in a blue moon, you can flail away at them with a buffed falchion and take them down without too much trouble.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm