Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Share
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:00 am

    Guard the Slabs. The demon titanite I mean. By their name it's what it implies. titanite Demon = Guardian spirit of the titanite. There was no longer a Blacksmith god to keep them thus the Prowling Demons inherit the job. 

    I was alluding to Lloyd by his title. Allfather. Allfather is a title given to the father of all. Monotheism refers to God as the Allfather irl. The game lies here and there and is obscure about it's lore so I can't tell. But Allfather implies a father of all. Almost as if he was seen as a creator figure and Gwyn as a Jesus figure. Only nephew instead of son. Not grandfather. (Fyi Delta. silly)

    I'm just saying his title and descriptions contradict importance. What exactly do they mean by Allfather? I'm just interested in your thoughts to confirm mine.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 206
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-03-28

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by CakeThiefPro on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 am

    By Allfather I assume the title is refereing to his position within the church. As you would call a priest father so too would everyone call him Allfather as a pope type figure head. He could have distorted history and the origins or the gods/men to better serve Gwyns purposes or he could just be his uncle. I mean presumably Gwyns father was incharge of the Silver Knights before him and when he died he helped guide Gwyn onto becoming a ruler or even challenged him for the job himself but once Gwyn found the lordsoul everything that came before was suddenly irrelevant.


    _________________
    Prostration Let me kill the Serpents in Dark Souls II. Prostration
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:49 am

    Undiscovery wrote:Guard the Slabs. The demon titanite I mean. By their name it's what it implies. titanite Demon = Guardian spirit of the titanite. There was no longer a Blacksmith god to keep them thus the Prowling Demons inherit the job. 

    I was alluding to Lloyd by his title. Allfather. Allfather is a title given to the father of all. Monotheism refers to God as the Allfather irl. The game lies here and there and is obscure about it's lore so I can't tell. But Allfather implies a father of all. Almost as if he was seen as a creator figure and Gwyn as a Jesus figure. Only nephew instead of son. Not grandfather. (Fyi Delta. silly)

    I'm just saying his title and descriptions contradict importance. What exactly do they mean by Allfather? I'm just interested in your thoughts to confirm mine.
     Ah damn ***.... sorry, I just finished Dragon Age 2 a couple of hours ago, and my backlog is still massive. These errors will be the death of me sad

    So you're implying that "Allfather" seems so important he must have set himself up as God - as in Creator himself? With every god that ever was being a relation of his and usually below him? The thing is, I can't think of an equivalent of Lloyd in Greek myth (unless it be Kronos, but Lord of Time does not fit the profile).

    Gwyn being set up as a Jesus figure would work only if he "had died for our sins", but that didn't happen until very late in the Age of Fire, or, if you want to count bodily death, end of the game. So, Lloyd couldn't exactly uphold him as Jesus... what would work is making Gwyn the one to be adored and feared, and along with that the big meta-battles, while Lloyd pulled strings from his shadow.

    And that sets up the Allfather title contradiction thing - the guy is in the position he is today because he wants it. A likelier possibility is the Pope being called the "Holy Father" by everyone in the clergy, and thus Lloyd being called Allfather, further solidifying the Pope relation.


    CakeThiefPro wrote:By Allfather I assume the title is refereing to his position within the church. As you would call a priest father so too would everyone call him Allfather as a pope type figure head. He could have distorted history and the origins or the gods/men to better serve Gwyns purposes or he could just be his uncle. I mean presumably Gwyns father was incharge of the Silver Knights before him and when he died he helped guide Gwyn onto becoming a ruler or even challenged him for the job himself but once Gwyn found the lordsoul everything that came before was suddenly irrelevant.
    @ Undiscovery, yeah, he makes the same point I do, except with some pre-Advent stuff thrown in I have no idea about. I need a better imagination sad


    What's weird is that Lordran is actually the equivalent of Olympus in Greek myth - Land of the Lords, and all that, and yet it is literally a hole. The gods were insane to introduce souls as a currency - talk about not giving a *** about the value of life. **** gods, I suppose...


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm

    I didn't mean a direct analogy to Jesus or YHWH, just the vibe I get. 

    Yes 'Allfather of the church' makes plenty of sense, though. But he was also known for his signature Halo angel , and never attained a Lord Soul. I don't think he related to Kronos either, he just seems more like Gwyn's street team. The EL-Dragons are definitely representative of the titans though. I'm just curious why he's made so important to even skip over Gwyn's dad, and honor the uncle. You think there'd just be some schmuck in charge of the church or even one of Gwyns offspring, but instead it's his creepy-uncle out of left field. Just seems like auspicious character placement.

    I follow the cyclic pattern, how did I put it on another topic? Life and Death are physical representations of Light and Dark. The metaphor for both Demons and Dark is cyclic. It shows that things will never be 'all-good' but it's about the choice of life being worth keeping around. Light offers a foundation for the cycle of life and death, Dark is destined as the cycle destroyer when the time comes/choice is made to end it, so everyone plays their roles by nature. It's all about "Should we just end it all, or is the cycle worth a damn?" - end game choices in a nutshell.

    And yeah the Gods as arseholes, no doubt. Even the Olympic ones. But Soul currency makes sense from an immortal beings PoV, what use would they have for gold? Let's cut out the middle-man and trade power.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:36 pm

    Undiscovery wrote:I didn't mean a direct analogy to Jesus or YHWH, just the vibe I get. 

    Yes 'Allfather of the church' makes plenty of sense, though. But he was also known for his signature Halo angel , and never attained a Lord Soul. I don't think he related to Kronos either, he just seems more like Gwyn's street team. The EL-Dragons are definitely representative of the titans though. I'm just curious why he's made so important to even skip over Gwyn's dad, and honor the uncle. You think there'd just be some schmuck in charge of the church or even one of Gwyns offspring, but instead it's his creepy-uncle out of left field. Just seems like auspicious character placement.
    You never heard of the minister/advisor pulling strings holding real power while the king spends his day doing king-things and looking kingly? Plot in many Japanese anime that wants to tackle something other than highschool settings. Present in Western culture too... and Middle Eastern, now I think of it. (Jafar(Aladdin) ring a bell?)

    The dad being in charge would be sort of like Odin being around while Thor is supposed to rule(yes, that's from the movie, crappy as it is) - nobody would know where does absolute power lie, and not enough room to maneuver as it is. But one person who spends his time fighting the inevitable is very easy to work around.

    Also, the Dragons being representative of the titans would also mean, carrying the representation forward, the gods are their sons and daughters. (either parent issues plot, or, well.... yeah I got nothing)


    Undiscovery wrote:I follow the cyclic pattern, how did I put it on another topic? Life and Death are physical representations of Light and Dark. The metaphor for both Demons and Dark is cyclic. It shows that things will never be 'all-good' but it's about the choice of life being worth keeping around. Light offers a foundation for the cycle of life and death, Dark is destined as the cycle destroyer when the time comes/choice is made to end it, so everyone plays their roles by nature. It's all about "Should we just end it all, or is the cycle worth a damn?" - end game choices in a nutshell.
    What I'm putting forward is that Dark Souls is literally cyclic. First there is "nothing", then the fire spawns out of nowhere, starting Age of Fire. However the fire is limited in nature and when it dies the Age of Dark takes over. And then, the Dark returns the world to its primal state, where the Fire spawns AGAIN, triggering ANOTHER age of fire... and it goes on.

    Think yin-yang symbol, which is the origin of Dark Souls concept - at the heart of light lies a tiny speck of dark. To better illustrate, http://www.sacredlotus.com/theory/images/yinyangday.gif http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7S_fMfIUCNY/TtIx_O5qU-I/AAAAAAAAAP4/d56smdHGrBM/s400/YY.jpg

    At the heart of Light is a spark of Dark (the fire and the dark soul in it) and thus consequently, at the heart of dark, a fire will be born. Just my two cents...


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 34
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 pm

    You don't need to go to anime/western culture or fiction to see examples of a church controlling a king.  That actually happened in our own history.  Multiple times.

    Still, Lloyd's involvement along those lines doesn't seem too apparent to me, at least not over people with lord souls.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 pm

    TheMeInTeam wrote:You don't need to go to anime/western culture or fiction to see examples of a church controlling a king.  That actually happened in our own history.  Multiple times.

    Still, Lloyd's involvement along those lines doesn't seem too apparent to me, at least not over people with lord souls.
    That was a pope(s) controlling an entire continent through faith. Not one king - multiple kings... wow at that effort.

    Let's categorize the people with lord souls - shards don't count. Nito was down in the Catacombs, a tiny section of a kingdom, doing nothing. The Witch of Izalith was obsessed with the duplication of the Lord Soul. Gwyn was fighting an unwinnable war against the Abyss while everything fell to pieces around him and he lost his support structure bit by bit. (The thing with the son, and Seath, and Gwyndolin being a disappointment, losing 3 of his four captains in like, the space of a year etc had to hurt)

    Dancing around them does not seem inconvenient, and the lesser gods can be cowed. If the popes did it, why couldn't the Allfather? He had the added bonus of immortality, while most popes had like 5 years to execute their master plans before someone drove a nail through their head.

    So, imo, quite possible. Oh, almost forgot - powerful/=omnipotent.


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm

    Those reasons are all well and fine. But Gwyn wasn't a 'fatcat' dullard of a king, he was very active in his duty, I don't see him sitting back and letting anyone call the shots be it his uncle or not. Gwyn has a Lord Soul so I doubt Lloyd intimidates him at all. But there are other ways of coaxing I suppose with a silver-tongue. Weren't the ministers behind King Allant's descent? Anyway, I'm sure they just share sentiments, so I don't think they often contradicted each other, and were more or less on the same page about things.

    Anyway, I can't really ever figure out Lloyd to make a good theory about him. I just thought his odd-obscure-character would make a interesting subject.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 am

    Undiscovery wrote:Anyway, I'm sure they just share sentiments, so I don't think they often contradicted each other, and were more or less on the same page about things.
    Exactly - because it's kind of hard to differ on the only issue of importance, i.e. fight the dark, shepherd the humans. With these, Gwyn and Lloyd are firmly on the same page (imo). And no, I'm not talking about calling the shots - like, look at it this way. For Gwyn he is head of the gods, and has the responsibility of fighting the Dark. THAT is what he considers to be the true war, and he has undisputed command on that outlook. But keeping the humans in line etc etc are minor annoyances that can easily be handled by his uncle, the Allfather, while he wages the more important battles.

    Meanwhile, for the Allfather, Gwyn is locked in a war he can't win, so he is free to spread his influence, and build a rock solid infrastructure under himself. Thus he is now head of the church and holds enormous power (think all the popes who did the exact same thing)

    There is little info on Lloyd, but it's enough for me to draw these conclusions. I mean, he can be dismissed as a curiosity - and so can a lot of things in Souls games. But the manipulator vibes he's been giving off are indisputable.


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:19 am

    I remember when I first discovered his character as Gwyn's only mentioned elder out of nowhere it seems. Bugged the crap out of me. But yeah I don't see Gwyn dealing with trivial church operations.

    I just get the feeling From intended something more for Lloyd. If they'd have added him directly I'd have loved to murk his *** at any point during the story. 

    On your Firstborn favoring humans statement earlier, or on his subject of getting exiled. It just occurred to me when talking about the religious connections. Do you think the Firstborn was meant to be analogous for a fallen-angel-satan-figure? We don't know his persona though or what he did exactly but there always seems to be that notorious-dissenter in any given story and Firstborn already has some of the rep. Wouldn't it have been splendid if he had been working with Havel? I know it's a dead topic really, but the allusion was just a thought.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:37 pm

    Undiscovery wrote:I remember when I first discovered his character as Gwyn's only mentioned elder out of nowhere it seems. Bugged the crap out of me. But yeah I don't see Gwyn dealing with trivial church operations.

    I just get the feeling From intended something more for Lloyd. If they'd have added him directly I'd have loved to murk his *** at any point during the story. 
    Master manipulators always work from shadows... if FROM had put beating Lloyd in the game, I would not be satisfied if it didn't have some... finesse, per se. Dark Souls is not that kind of game - stealth, locked doors, conversation systems are nonexistent. The game works, and adding the Lloyd plotline would be taking the focus and buildup out of the game. I mean, the gods ran from Lordran, right? Lloyd wouldn't come back, cause he classifies.


    Undiscovery wrote:On your Firstborn favoring humans statement earlier, or on his subject of getting exiled. It just occurred to me when talking about the religious connections. Do you think the Firstborn was meant to be analogous for a fallen-angel-satan-figure? We don't know his persona though or what he did exactly but there always seems to be that notorious-dissenter in any given story and Firstborn already has some of the rep. Wouldn't it have been splendid if he had been working with Havel? 
    Angelic... I'd agree that the fall from grace is there, but the inevitable corruption, as in the god turning to base methods or becoming evil is not there - especially since the game says that the god keeps close eye on his followers, so he hasn't abandoned his duty.

    Havel is another basket - his rebellion was desperate as ***, as in born out of a vengeful mind. He even went as far as to petition the everlasting dragons, the gods' old enemies for help - ones he killed and carried their teeth around. And now he was on his knees for power in front of a hatchling.

    Basically, yeah, it would be cool, but FROM hasn't swung that way, imo. My biggest fear is that in an attempt to make the player more aware of the story in Dark Souls II, FROM will show it to us... and the story turns out to be bad. Ugh...


    Undiscovery wrote:I know it's a dead topic really, but the allusion was just a thought.
    Same here.

    But one last thing - I returned to DkS today, and noticed that Kaathe calls Seath "traitor". BUT The only ones Seath betrayed are the dragons. Put two and two together...


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 pm

    Well The Firstborn still watching his warriors isn't saying he's not a dissenter like satan. Satan had many follow him from grace aswell. Seeing as Solaire, a warrior of the Sunlight, is more than happy to murk Gwyn for you. Though killing end-game Gwyn isn't much of an identifier as he needs to be killed anyway to relight the flame or usher dark. Even Gwynevere asks you to indirectly by succeeding him. Who knows.

    I don't think they'll ruin the story by confirming more data, I'm just honestly tired of polytheistc mythologies after studying them for a year. I enjoyed Demons story and lore a lot more, because the culture within was more relatable I feel and clearer metaphors to current events Real world. That's what makes me enjoy literature, what I can take from them and apply to study elsewhere.

    Yeah your Kaathe comment was my whole 'primordial serpent' argument, it implies they were the evolutionary inception of serpents, which it turn means all dragons descended from them as well. Using Humans to kill the lights and put the serpents back in power. May be its why they love the Abyss as it has a semblance of the dark unformed world they once ruled. First time I saw Seath I didn't like him though even without really following the story. Traitors just erk me. But it also shows that the EL Drags didn't like Seath either, as they did not sympathize and purposely withheld immortality from him only urging his betrayal. It makes sense to use humans as well because their undead immortality is much more useful for the dragons who, while immortal, could have their immortality stripped away. The only real way to defeat the PC is to convince him to quit, because no matter how many times anyone kills him he keeps coming back. So who's really in hell here, the Undead? or their victims.

    I'm sure every boss is screaming  "WHY WON'T YOU DIIIIIEEEE!!!???"

    It really is a funny and creative revenge scheme for the serpents team if all accurate. +1 for them.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 am

    Undiscovery wrote:Well The Firstborn still watching his warriors isn't saying he's not a dissenter like satan. Satan had many follow him from grace aswell. Seeing as Solaire, a warrior of the Sunlight, is more than happy to murk Gwyn for you. Though killing end-game Gwyn isn't much of an identifier as he needs to be killed anyway to relight the flame or usher dark. Even Gwynevere asks you to indirectly by succeeding him. Who knows.

    I don't think they'll ruin the story by confirming more data, I'm just honestly tired of polytheistc mythologies after studying them for a year. I enjoyed Demons story and lore a lot more, because the culture within was more relatable I feel and clearer metaphors to current events Real world. That's what makes me enjoy literature, what I can take from them and apply to study elsewhere.
    You have been studying polytheistic mythologies? God help you...

    I agree about Demons' Souls being better than Dark Souls in the story department - simply because more focused, and more impressive. Same goes for overall worldbuilding and environment... actually, Dark is inferior is almost every way except PvP and combat mechanics, and even that I give loosely, because they dumped stealth mechanic. Also, I miss the Assassin's armor sad

    What I meant about the Firstborn is that he fell from grace, like Satan, but didn't abandon his duties or go evil. (No, killing Gwyn does not count) The firstborn still stuck around protecting his warriors etc etc even though he no longer had deific status.


    Undiscovery wrote:Yeah your Kaathe comment was my whole 'primordial serpent' argument, it implies they were the evolutionary inception of serpents, which it turn means all dragons descended from them as well. Using Humans to kill the lights and put the serpents back in power. May be its why they love the Abyss as it has a semblance of the dark unformed world they once ruled. First time I saw Seath I didn't like him though even without really following the story. Traitors just erk me. But it also shows that the EL Drags didn't like Seath either, as they did not sympathize and purposely withheld immortality from him only urging his betrayal. It makes sense to use humans as well because their undead immortality is much more useful for the dragons who, while immortal, could have their immortality stripped away. The only real way to defeat the PC is to convince him to quit, because no matter how many times anyone kills him he keeps coming back. So who's really in hell here, the Undead? or their victims.
    Whoa, you really put thought into this. Not to burst your bubble, but it could be as simple as Seath having the stigma of a traitor - you know, once a traitor, always a traitor. And, I find that a person's allegiances shape their speech - think of all the people who can speak fluent English, yet would be considered foreigners by the US or the UK. What's more is that Frampt, another primordial serpent uses the phrase "Lord Gwyn's former confidant, Seath the Scaleless."


    Former confidant??? Implies Seath lost Gwyn's ear when he went south, but more importantly, shows that Frampt, a primordial serpent, does not call Seath a traitor. So again, allegiances, simple as that.


    Speculating, Kaathe owed allegiance to the dragons, or is simply calling Seath what he is, in popular opinion. Frampt owes allegiance to the gods, and is calling Seath exactly what he was in the gods' opinion. Or maybe you're right happy


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:46 pm

    Yes I miss my assassins mask. Maybe I don't want a hood with it FROM you ever thought of that?! Or give a neck slot for a badass disgea 2 Laharl Scarf.

    On the Firstborn it's all about perspective. Luciferianism (Improperly named) veiws satan as the hero saving us from a benevolent-'slavedriving'-god. So he doesn't necessarily have to be considered evil to dissent. But the gods would have at least probably labeled his worship evil? But it's clearly not too opposed. So yeah who knows.


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     
    avatar
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 83
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2013-07-03

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by δelta on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:06 pm

    Undiscovery wrote:Yes I miss my assassins mask. Maybe I don't want a hood with it FROM you ever thought of that?! Or give a neck slot for a badass disgea 2 Laharl Scarf.

    On the Firstborn it's all about perspective. Luciferianism (Improperly named) veiws satan as the hero saving us from a benevolent-'slavedriving'-god. So he doesn't necessarily have to be considered evil to dissent. But the gods would have at least probably labeled his worship evil? But it's clearly not too opposed. So yeah who knows.
    You haven't been playing as female, huh? Animations look better, thief's armor has a scarf etc. The male thief's armor is *** lame.

    And because you mentioned Luciferianism, I looked it up, as I am unfamiliar with the term. It's literally a poke against the church, instead of any concrete belief - no solidification, no guidelines, not even basic... basically it's the 16th century's idea of "cool". The treating of their god as a teacher and a friend to whom one turns in time of need... to me it sounds like "my invisible friend who will never abandon me, and is better at me than everything"(theistic). The other branches are not much better.

    Besides, this is not - don't take it like rebellion on the level of the occult. This is more like a father disowning a son and forbidding his name to ever be spoken again (just watch a korean or hindi film, there are many movies that play this out). When does a father denounce his son as evil? Misguided, bad person, not fit to walk in proper company maybe, but evil?

    Also, the kicker to me in all this is that Dark Souls throws all this lore and speculation out with the sequel, because it takes place in a parallel world. Way to make something irrelevant... but it was a good debate. *hats off*


    _________________
    "Against death itself, the only legion who make of it an enemy belongs to the living. Behold this army. It is doomed.

    Still, you blaze with heat, as you imagine this assembly, so silent and so determined, so hopeless and so … brilliant." : Steven Erikson - Forge of Darkness
    avatar
    Undiscovery
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 326
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2013-07-25
    Age : 27
    Location : Undiscovered

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Undiscovery on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 am

    Yes I'm aware of how lame Luciferianism is. I was just using it's example that it doesn't have to be evil to be rebel it's all about perspective, but yeah the gods are very superstitious about the taboo I see this isn't the case for the son, just adding a fresh perspective not because I bought it myself. But Yes, Indeed. :Beer:


    _________________
    ::PSN:::
    Kheal023 


     

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark Lord Ending Conjecture

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 am