The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Share
    avatar
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 189
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-05-26
    Location : Windsor, Ontario

    The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by martyrsbrigade99 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:43 pm

    Hello all,

    So often have I heard people refer to their builds as a "pyro/dex" but they limit their builds to kanata and great combustion/black flame. Here is a good demonstration by CrackyCream of a true pyro/dex build. Notice that a wide variety of dex weapons and pyromancies are used.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwABZZD6GVQ


    Cheers!


    _________________
    --Extremism, in defense of liberty, is no vice--
    avatar
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2013-05-27
    Age : 27
    Location : Minnesota

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by St1cky1cky1775 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

    Whats his build?


    _________________
    Owner of TooFadedGaming(Tourney Recordings Links # 1)

    The main build I use on my recordings

    Looking for someone to make some graphics, PM me if interested.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:52 pm

    I used to use a "true" Pyro/Dex.
    50 Attunement, Chaos Pyros, all that good stuff.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1068
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-01-12
    Age : 17
    Location : Korea

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by shadowzninjaz on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm

    Dibsville wrote:I used to use a "true" Pyro/Dex.
    50 Attunement, Chaos Pyros, all that good stuff.

    ^Thats a true pyro/dex build


    _________________
    Hiya!!!
    Psn: shadowz_ninjaz
    Skype: shadowz.ninjaz
    avatar
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7540
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2012-12-07
    Age : 22
    Location : Here, there, nowhere

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 pm

    Dibs that is the perfect balance between dex and pyro.


    _________________
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:23 pm

    Here Dibs, I rolled this just for you (But after seeing the finished product I'm highly tempted to make it myself). Lower Endurance than normal for a 125 because Pyro is the main form of offense. 50 Att is a waste of points for one extra slot.
     http://mmdks.com/2yri


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:29 pm

    Ghadis_God wrote:Here Dibs, I rolled this just for you (But after seeing the finished product I'm highly tempted to make it myself). Lower Endurance than normal for a 125 because Pyro is the main form of offense. 50 Att is a waste of points for one extra slot.
     http://mmdks.com/2yri
    My old build.
    I'd never make something like this now, though. :S


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:36 pm

    Wow, that's very fragile for a 120. Pyro doesn't hit as hard as Sorcery so generally I would think making a Pyro glass cannon would be a bad idea without Power Within.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Dibsville on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:39 pm

    Back then I had my 0 poise Mage that only had 30 Vit, and it was my main build... so I didn't really think I needed Vit that much...


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 34
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:43 pm

    Wow, that's very fragile for a 120. Pyro doesn't hit as hard as Sorcery so generally I would think making a Pyro glass cannon would be a bad idea without Power Within.



     You'd really need to land the combos.  Something like great chaos fireball --> black flame stun + lava damage or GCF + Chaos Fire whip + GC could drop people in a hurry.  With bellowing + crown even the 2 hit combo would redline most builds.  3 hit combo would kill virtually anybody who doesn't VIT gouge.

    But yes, having more health or poise is useful.  Sometimes poising through a hit and putting the GFB in their face is the perfect situation.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 22
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Myztyrio on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 pm

    I like to use Estoc on mine.

    Also I have 23 att.

    Edit: btw, hey Martyr's, I'm a fan big grin Too bad we're not on the same system. I'd love to duel.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 272
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2013-05-18
    Age : 21
    Location : Watching YOU read this...what, it's not creepy...

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by wretchedsausage on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 am

    Great vid mate! 
    I have a question though; do you have any suggestions as to how someone should go about countering this build? Because of it's enormous versatility, I'm not sure what can be done to effectively shut down the constant onslaught of fire.


    _________________
    PSN: ijackhiggins

    "What a shame it is that so little of what can be done actually is"- Me

    "Those who fight with 'honor' are not fighting to win"- Me

    "A try-hard is what a bad loser calls a winner"- robsthedon
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Ghadis_God on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 am

    Treat his pyro as a weapon with a diverse moveset. If anything, Pyro doesn't have range so tagging the opponent with a bow or xbow as he tries the longer casts is a good idea. Polearms also do well against pyro for the same reason, getting close is generally a no no because of fast Black Flame casting and GCFB at the feet.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 34
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:22 am

    Ghadis_God wrote:Treat his pyro as a weapon with a diverse moveset. If anything, Pyro doesn't have range so tagging the opponent with a bow or xbow as he tries the longer casts is a good idea. Polearms also do well against pyro for the same reason, getting close is generally a no no because of fast Black Flame casting and GCFB at the feet.

    Vow of silence ruins pyro.  However, as you say the halberds/spear pokes are good vs pyros.  Also note that the UGS/Great Hammers/75 poise break stuff can trade with black flame and stunlock if they're below 76 poise and you have over 60.

    If you don't have super high poise, you really really need to avoid black flames and fireballs though (however notably 81+ poise can attack through a great fireball; useful to note if you're doing a str attack that can pancake).

    Things combo'd off fireball stuns might not 1-shot you, but you'll die very quickly to any follow-up beyond that combo and basically locked into either defensive play or one last suicide run from that point on.  The 3 hit pyro combos will often kill you outright.
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Ghadis_God on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:06 am

    The 3 hit combos are usually contingent on landing a GCFB at close range, which rarely happens. They can end a match instantly but aren't common even from a really good 'mancer.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    jewfrozack
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 24
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2013-05-27
    Location : Minnesota

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by jewfrozack on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 am

    TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Treat his pyro as a weapon with a diverse moveset. If anything, Pyro doesn't have range so tagging the opponent with a bow or xbow as he tries the longer casts is a good idea. Polearms also do well against pyro for the same reason, getting close is generally a no no because of fast Black Flame casting and GCFB at the feet.

    Vow of silence ruins pyro.  However, as you say the halberds/spear pokes are good vs pyros.  Also note that the UGS/Great Hammers/75 poise break stuff can trade with black flame and stunlock if they're below 76 poise and you have over 60.

    If you don't have super high poise, you really really need to avoid black flames and fireballs though (however notably 81+ poise can attack through a great fireball; useful to note if you're doing a str attack that can pancake).

    Things combo'd off fireball stuns might not 1-shot you, but you'll die very quickly to any follow-up beyond that combo and basically locked into either defensive play or one last suicide run from that point on.  The 3 hit pyro combos will often kill you outright.

     They might kill you outright but it makes me wonder how often can that reliably be pulled off. I've rarely seen chaos pyromancy used to good effect in PVP, it's all too slow.


    _________________
    TooFadedGaming
    PSN: jewfrozack
    View/Rate my SL1 build
    http://mmdks.com/2ywk
    Do you even Praise?
    avatar
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2012-11-05
    Age : 34
    Location : 1337 Accuracy Way

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by TheMeInTeam on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:59 pm

    Very skillful players (more so than me) can follow up a great fireball hit with a combo with reasonable consistency, assuming 45 dex.  If nothing else, they can follow up with their actual dex weapon.


    _________________
    There is no "I" in team.  There is no "we" either.  There is a me.
    Dolan would like you to turn around and pick up that item on the ground.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The "TRUE" Pyro/Dex build

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:59 pm