Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
sids__09
jewfrozack
StiffNipples
reim0027
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
St1cky1cky1775
Dibsville
SirArchmage
Sentiel
Soris Ice Goldwing
ResIsBestStat
Jason47D
16 posters

My best kill

Jason47D
    Jason47D

My best kill Empty My best kill

Post by Jason47D Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:07 am

i dont have anything to record my gameplay with, but if i did, this would be in a top 10 for sure.  so i put a red soapstone down and was summoned in the burg.  i just started experimenting with power within too.  so i cast power within,  crystal magic weapon, and finally, crystal homing soulmass to be ready for the fight.  i was on the side closer to the bonfire, and i didnt know this, but the host was standing behind me on the turret.  i spun while casting a soul spear towards the phantom i was fighting, but me spinning made my soulmasses target the host.  they went off and one shot him xD omg i laughed so hard! who can top it?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

My best kill Empty Re: My best kill

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Jason47D wrote:i dont have anything to record my gameplay with, but if i did, this would be in a top 10 for sure.  so i put a red soapstone down and was summoned in the burg.  i just started experimenting with power within too.  so i cast power within,  crystal magic weapon, and finally, crystal homing soulmass to be ready for the fight.  i was on the side closer to the bonfire, and i didnt know this, but the host was standing behind me on the turret.  i spun while casting a soul spear towards the phantom i was fighting, but me spinning made my soulmasses target the host.  they went off and one shot him xD omg i laughed so hard! who can top it?

This is a typical kill, there are many other kills far better than you.
    This kill shouldn't even be ranked in a list because it's so common.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

What you did was the common OP magic kill. Here is one of mine. In the forest there was this red black knight cosplayer with the bk halberd. Very aggressive and bs fisher with a hornet ring when his hp was low. Came with a run attack I dodge and get a hit on him. We fight and he got a bs on me not before his hp is also low. We get counter defensive and try to break each other's defense for a kill. Jumping attacks, R2s which he blocked a chaos blade one that sent him back a bit. I get stuck with a tree behind me. He sees and uses a jump attack. I had throwing knives and I threw one thinking I die.

Nope. The knife hit his head and broke the attack a second before the hit would register on me. He lands an inch away from me before I get the final kill that killed him.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 pm

CoD, BDCR, PW, 4 stacks of Fire Surge, unlock and hold R1 while spinning the analog stick.
    Fire roflcopter of death. Gank squad had no idea what killed them so fast.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Great, looks like some people don't like me commenting on totally common kills....
    Anyways, here's one of mine:
    I was in Upper Blighttown invading and saw a dude that was fat rolling in stone armor, I was using my Toxic Egg build and quickly spammed Poison and Toxic Mist at him, making him lose a lot of HP per second, he then tried to heal and I threw a Lloyd Talisman at him. He tried to heal many times and I backstabbed him, but he was still alive. He then proceeded to jump off ramps and I followed him, in the end it was like a fast paced ninja jumping race and in the end I got him at the wheel where I stabbed him and we both died, still was pretty epic.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:48 pm

While Jason's kill is common to you, it was clearly something epic and noteworthy for him and he was proud about it enough to share it with us. Don't throw him down because there are better kills. Be happy for him, because he likes the game and has a blast from kills that you consider common.

We each have different standards, preferences and experiences, so while something is common for one person, it can be the pinnacle of epicness for another.
    Jason47D
    Jason47D

Post by Jason47D Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

soris your kill sounds amazing! and beststat, the fact that i one shot him wasnt what was awesome. it was that i had completely no idea he was behind me and he died out of nowhere.  i even got to kill the phantom while the host was dying! sounds like its common though... first time ive done it big grin
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:43 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Great, looks like some people don't like me commenting on totally common kills....
    It was me if you wish to know. I did it because of what Sentinel said, just because you have apparently done this so much it is common doesn't mean he should be put down because he thought it was great.

So, here is my kill. Me and my friend were hosting in the forest, cosplaying and taking turns with fighting invaders, usually with one of use constantly doing taunts while the other fights. But this one invader, as soon as he started to lose ran for it. We have little tolerance for when people run for the trees, so we usually gang up on them when they do that. So I started half-heartedly shooting arrows at the invader, when I had an idea. I ran all the way to the steps at the fog door with the pharis bow, did a running jump off the stairs, spun in a circle while I drew my bow, and quickly aimed for the invader, who was with my friend and all the way over in the tree area. Well apparently, the invader was about to use some humanity to heal, when out of no where an arrow headshots him for a kill before he can heal. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I performed a 360 quick scope trick shot in Dark Souls. From across the map. Give me all your CoD hate.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Great, looks like some people don't like me commenting on totally common kills....
    Just because it's a somewhat common type of kill doesn't mean it's not his best kill.

You don't know what build he had, for all you know he could have had 25 Int and been using the Oolacile Catalyst, which doesn't do very much damage even with PW. That could very easily be the rarest kill his build could pull off.
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Sentiel wrote:While Jason's kill is common to you, it was clearly something epic and noteworthy for him and he was proud about it enough to share it with us. Don't throw him down because there are better kills. Be happy for him, because he likes the game and has a blast from kills that you consider common.

We each have different standards, preferences and experiences, so while something is common for one person, it can be the pinnacle of epicness for another.

This^^^
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Jason a note about spinning about with soul mass spells, you can actually make the orbs dead angle opponents ignoring their shields by starting with your back to a target with the soul mass ready then spinning about on that point can make the orbs fire off in small spurts many of which are calculated by the game to be coming from behind the target despite this not being the case visually, I haven't got the trick down yet but I've had this move done to me on a few occasions, so actually that's a good kill being a quite advanced technique whether it was intended or not!

as for my best kill, I let patches troll an invader in the catacombs after I lead him onto one of the flipping bridges.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Why are you posting such salty messages, Res? There's no need for that.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 pm

reim0027 wrote:Why are you posting such salty messages, Res?  There's no need for that.
    I've lost track of how many +1's I owe you at this point.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 am

I had just started mucking around with a Glass Cannon build, very low level, almost base level Sorcerer. 

8 Vit, cursed, Dusk Crown Ring, Red Tearstone Ring, etc. 

Regrettably, I wasn't recording because at this point I was still experimenting with the build, and thi was my first invasion with the build and I honestly didn't expect to be successful with it. 

I was rocking mostly pyromancies, and had a fully upgraded flame, along with Great Chaos Fireball and Fire Tempest.

I invaded in the Forest down near the Ents, I saw some damage numbers up near the entrance and so cast Power Within, switched to Sanctus and took off in the direction of the peoples.

I found two hosts fighiting a Red Phantom, upon my arrival they all stopped and turned in my direction, then proceeded to advance upon me. I remember that they host was wearing mostly Logans gear, and his summon mostly Black Knight equipment, the Red Phantom I cannot remember though. 

They advanced towards me, so I ran to the trees. I quickly stood behind a thick one and began to cast Fire Tempest.

Seemingly no one saw what I was doing as they all continued to advance towards me. I think the Summon might have had an idea what was about to happen as he was hanging back a little, but Fire Tempest has some epic range when it wants to.

The first pillar one hit the Red Phantom, as they spread out the host rolled, trying to dodge the oncoming storm, but he wasn't safe, I think he managed to dodge two of them before he got hit, a hit that killed him instantly, the Black Knight Summon was almost out of range, but one random Pillar saw fit to be an outlier and, seemingly of it's own accord, spawned right under the summon, way outside the bounds of the rest of the pillars and one hit killed him too.

I think each pillar did upwards of 2500dmg. I got over 1 million souls for that, the host and his summon where both nearly max level haha

Man I wish I recorded that one.

EDIT: Oh another one that I'm a little proud of. I was hosting in the Forest with my "Testbro". Just a character that I've leveled to about SL350, he has ~50 in each useful stat, along with pumped Vit and End. I use him to test builds and host in costume in the Forest.

Today I was Knight Kirk, full Thorns Armour, Barbed Shield and Sword, not sorcery, no pyromancy, but I did allow myself the DWGR. You see I only killed people with the roll damage or sometimes the Shield bash.

Anyhow, this one guy invades me, I notice he's poiseless, I start being a tool, rolling into him when he attacks and stunning him, doing about 42dmg a roll. After a few rolls he starts to run away towards the entrance (I was standing on the hill where the Bandit is). I give chase and roll into his back, stunning him momentarily. He runs another few steps towards the trees, I roll into him again, stunning him a bit, he takes another couple of steps, rinse repeat. Eventually we're both out of stamina so we're walking and I roll everytime I can.

I just continued to roll into this guy as he ran away from me, eventually killing him in what has to be one of the most demoralising deaths I've seen.
    jewfrozack
    jewfrozack

Post by jewfrozack Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 am

Killed a phantom and his host with one CSS in Dukes

I always wish I had that recorded sad
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 am

My most impressive kills tend to go something like 'this one time, I punched a guy.'

So instead, the time I GOT killed that was by far the most specialest -- I got invaded as I was working through Tomb of the Giants. I was at the first bonfire trying to summon phantoms because I forgot what a tool Pinwheel is; so the red phantom just sort of left me to my devices for a while and let me fail-summon a few times. I thought he was being pretty cool -- he was actually being pretty crafty. See, eventually I gave up and just made a break for the fog gate, which must've been exactly what the guy was waiting for. I tried to use the shortcut where you drop down onto the lower bridge to skip a bunch of scary dark areas with skellytons..... as I'm falling, though, the invader pulls out the bridge-lever and rotates it back into spiky position. I bounce right off and fall to my death without ever seeing the guy. It was so unexpected that I sent lovemail afterwards.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:22 am

Probably when I beat a maxed out 99 in all stats build with a 120
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:51 am

The guy's kill wasn't bad it was something u just dont see yourself doing it often. I havent actually seen it happen my self but ik it is something that happen most things did in this game

My best kill was probs my most clutch play ever, some may think im lying but sadly i got no proof 2 show that im not sad

I was vsing gankers in the forest as usually i was put into rts mode, got a super lucky double parry i did the riposte on phantom, quick roll bs the other n and got a riposte on the host, for the nice little finish. I wasn't calm at all when i was put into rts. The double riposte was such a surprise i was like "OMG THIS JUST NOT HAPPEN"

Last edited by shadowzninjaz on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:38 am

My personal favorite kill, though not my most spectacular, was in the forest. I was just learning how to parry (this was pre patch) and decided to force myself into midroll so that I'd have to stand my ground and parry the opponent instead of flipping around like usual. I was using the Hornet Ring, and had my trusty DGM along with my CMW as backup- this was around SL200 at least. I invade a pair of max level gankers, except this full giants flipping DSS had spellswapped SLB onto his DSS. 99Faith SLB on a max scaling stat DSS hurts like a sonuvabitch. The phantom hung back, probably bored with the host being a one man genocide squad, and the host came in and poked me for around 800 damage. I manage to pull off a lucky tank parry on next hit despite being on the verge of panic, and bring my CMW (50 Int TCC) DGM beautifully around into his chest for the hornet riposte, back when it had a 50% bonus to crit. I cut through all 2350+ of his heath with that one riposte, a beautiful instant kill while the phantom stood by with an imagined look of utter shock on his face. Never have 800,000 souls tasted sweeter.
    Jason47D
    Jason47D

Post by Jason47D Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 am

archmage you leet hakzor pro you and lol sniffnipples (awesome name, btw) thats awesome! why didnt he just put on something with poise?? derp
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks man big grin

He was kinda perma-stunlocked the whole time haha, I think he was more focused on getting away from me than trying to fight me.

I'll upload a teaser vid soon maybe, and a full one once I get some more space to record more (the fights tend to go for a while, so it takes up a lot of space).

Just got to find the right music for it confused
    Jason47D
    Jason47D

Post by Jason47D Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:12 am

the best music would be something silly. banana phone was the first song that popped into my head. that story was inspirational though.  if you break someones poise with a weapon, does a roll with the armor of thorns always stunlock?  i wanna stunlock someone with havel's armor or a wolf ring
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 am

Ahaha Banana Phone would be good, I might go with that, I was thinking Tiny Tim maybe.

I fought someone with mostly Havels on, didn't manage to stun them at all, it's really only zero (or very low) poise people that I can stun.

I'm doing some rendering, I'll try to upload a vid tonight.

EDIT: Just realised it's nearly midnight, I'll do it tomorrow. Promise happy
    Jason47D
    Jason47D

Post by Jason47D Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:01 am

if you play tiny time, use camouflage and wait to be invaded then jump out and violate them with rolls. if you play banana phone, roll at them until they go to a cliff then kick them off
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am

Riposting some dude with SLB buffed murakumo while I had power within, RTSR and hornet ring on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm