Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Ring of F&P.

DarkMega
    DarkMega

The Ring of F&P. Empty The Ring of F&P.

Post by DarkMega Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 am

Just want to ask, when can I remove the Ring and it wouldn't really matter how much HP I lose. These are my stats atm. I'm Also a Pyro

Level 108
    40 Vitality
    14 Attunement
    40 Endurance
    16 Strength
    45 Dexterity
    12 Resistance
    14 Intelligence
    10 Faith (I thought you could use the Talisman you get from Firelink to use the Cast Light Spell, but then I figured out your spells are for the Catalyst stuff, ...oh well, I started with 8 Faith and put 2 points in it, So it's not a terrible lose.)

I feel limited when having just one slot, not really into PvP really. I always play offline because I would get my butt stomped every few minutes when I reverse my hollowing. Maybe in the future I'll get into PvP but when I have a nice Set and Pyromancies.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

The Ring of F&P. Empty Re: The Ring of F&P.

Post by Dibsville Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 am

I'm going to be straight. IMO, unless you're doing a challenge run or are PvPing, the RoFaP is worthless.

40 VIT leaves you with 1325HP without the ring, which is more than enough for any basic PvE run. You can un-equip it any time.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 am

I agree with dibs, that 1300 Vit is enough for any PvE run. However, the extra stamina and equip weight can be very useful, though less so in PvE than PvP. It shouldn't hurt to take it off at this point if you're feeling constrained by only one slot, you've got plenty of everything the FaP ring gives you.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:52 am

If you miss it you can always trade in the xanthous crown with crow to get it back.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 pm

I like it in both PvE and PvP.  Everything it gives is useful.  HP is the least useful aspect in PvE, but not useless.

That said, as others pointed out you can get another one or just go NG+ and get it.  It really is limiting to use it especially when up against 4 kings where you absolutely have to wear CoA also.

That said, you can beat NG and probably a few NG+ iterations by simply slapping on power within and running an elemental weapon, so with max dex scaling like you have + PW you should be able to mop stuff.  If you don't care about pvp you can take 1 more point in INT and grab great magic weapon, which is slightly stronger than a lightning resin and replenishable.  If not, just slap on a lingering ring and run power within + magic weapon/charcoal resin/lighting resin (whatever you feel like) for bosses and with your scaling on any +15 weapon for your build you can probably get through NG+6 anyway.  Honestly you can probably get through most iterations just using dusk crown, bellowing, PW, and spamming great combustion too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 am