Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Unfinished game?

GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Unfinished game? Empty Unfinished game?

Post by GaryBlevins Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm

Earlier today I was playing some dark souls to kill time, and I started to think to myself about certain aspects of the game. Particularly, I was thinking about the different types of catalysts in the game. As I'm sure that most people know, three of the catalysts are nearly identical in terms of their statistics; Sorcerer's, Beatrice's, and Izalith. I was always surprised that the game designers decided to put these into the game, as there is no logical reason to think of, in terms of gameplay mechanics, to put three of the same object in the game. I know that some people like to cosplay through the game, but this level of similarity is not seen in weapons or shields or rings or talismans, only in catalysts. 
    From the various text dumps of the game, people found that there were a few side quests that were supposed to be in the game that never got put in. namely, there was supposed to be a quest of some kind with Oscar and Siva of the East was supposed to have a quest similar to Lautrec killing the firekeeper. I was thinking that perhaps the designers were thinking about adding features, or perhaps additional quests, for the different catalysts and the characters that go along with them, but they didnt make it into the final cut of the game. 
    Does anyone else think about this sort of thing? Because there are times when I feel almost that Dark Souls was not completely finished when it was released.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Unfinished game? Empty Re: Unfinished game?

Post by Hue Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Agree.
    DLC party fixed that though
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

There are quite a lot of things that were taken out of Dark Souls for various reasons.

The game is definitely complete though. Most things were taken out simply because they were quite over powered.

Also, there are alike Talismans and shields too. It's only logical that everything else is original with nothing completely like it.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Dibsville wrote:There are quite a lot of things that were taken out of Dark Souls for various reasons.

The game is definitely complete though. Most things were taken out simply because they were quite over powered.

Also, there are alike Talismans and shields too. It's only logical that everything else is original with nothing completely like it.

There are some similar talismans and shields, but the real attention grabbing part of the catalysts is that they are functionally identical, and two of the three are end-game items. At that point, it just seems strange that there would be weapons that similar. For the shields and talismans that are similar, they are all early game items.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am