Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
reim0027
samster628
Onion Knight
aceluby
Gryph
Marino.
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Latitoast
Jester's Tears
GrinTwist
PlasticandRage
Soris Ice Goldwing
shadowzninjaz
Encore
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
AnCapaillMor
skarekrow13
Railage
twigsterxd
Sentiel
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Hue
Kiva the wanderer
29 posters

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL - Page 4 Empty Re: kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Post by Railage Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:12 pm

aceluby wrote: I might have been born in this country, but chances are good I will not die in this country because this is not the same country I was born in.

Did you make that up? 

Cause I Googled it and found naught.

You may have made a decent quote, TO THE BUMPER STICKER STORE!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL - Page 4 Empty Re: kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:15 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:So you can be jailed for being Sarcastic...WELL ****.

Weird sarcasm got John Terry off the hook.

'I wasn't being serious when I racially abused that man in front of thousands of people and millions watching on television, honest judge!'
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:17 pm

I love it when people lump us all together like we're all the ones responsible for it. It's certainly not America as a whole. Some of us work against these things every day. It's just easier for people outside the situation to point the finger at all of us. There's elements of bad leadership everywhere, but you don't hear us walking around saying things like "Canada doh" or "UK waiting" Or at the very least you don't hear me saying it. I can speak for me at least. But I read it here all the time. That's probably the thousandth time I've read it here. You're the lucky one thousandth caller. Tell him what he wins bob!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Serious_Much wrote:America World applause
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 pm

applause 
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Railage wrote:
    aceluby wrote: I might have been born in this country, but chances are good I will not die in this country because this is not the same country I was born in.

Did you make that up? 

Cause I Googled it and found naught.

You may have made a decent quote, TO THE BUMPER STICKER STORE!

Yeah, I made it up.  Feel free.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Serious_Much wrote:America applause
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 am

If this story is true a good lawyer should be able to get the guy off scot free and with generous compensation. There are loads of common sense things you can cite. If this hit an actual normal court the while jury would probably vote to free the guy (in a private court things would be more difficult). You could have the guy examined by a psychologist which would prove his was not a psychopath. All kinds of things.
    Of course There are two sides to every story and no offence but the word of a random guy on the internet is not the most reliable thing ever. It may be that the story was made up or that there is evidence of a more sinister nature lurking about somewhere. That said it seems more likely to be political correctness gone mad.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 am

samster628 wrote:If this story is true a good lawyer should be able to get the guy off scot free and with generous compensation. There are loads of common sense things you can cite. If this hit an actual normal court the while jury would probably vote to free the guy (in a private court things would be more difficult). You could have the guy examined by a psychologist which would prove his was not a psychopath. All kinds of things.
    Of course There are two sides to every story and no offence but the word of a random guy on the internet is not the most reliable thing ever. It may be that the story was made up or that there is evidence of a more sinister nature lurking about somewhere. That said it seems more likely to be political correctness gone mad.

He's been labelled a terrorist.  To think he has the same rights as everyone else is ignoring our current laws and climate.  We just had an incident where armed military went on a house to house search, completely ignoring our right to illegal search and seizures w/out a warrant, all for a single bomb maker and nobody really cared that their constitutional rights were being trampled on.  He can be held indefinitely, he doesn't have to have his rights read, he doesn't have to have his right to council, and a whole host of unconstitutional actions.  I didn't watch the video and read some articles on it, it's not made up and the kid has been in jail since March with something like a 10 million dollar bond.

Welcome to the new norm where all the police have to do to do whatever they want is label you a terrorist
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Wait wait wait wait WAIT!

He's been labeled a terrorist?

I officially give up!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:Wait wait wait wait WAIT!

He's been labeled a terrorist?

I officially give up!

That was the first thing they did before arresting him.  He is a domestic terrorist making terroristic threats against an elementary school.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow. Just wow. First of all, freedom of speech anyone? Second of all, he said he was kidding. How can someone even take that seriously? There isn't an emoticon here that expresses my disappointment at this.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:46 pm

kid gave 8 years in prison ovrr a sarcastic comment on LoL - Page 4 3080895-7908154306-tumbl
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Ok so this is a roughly similar case but so far i have no solid opinion on the matter, the person was more or less bullied and frustrated into saying this but......... what do you guys think?                     http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/02/second-teen-spends-months-in-jail-for-video-game-threat/
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Ok so this is a roughly similar case but so far i have no solid opinion on the matter, the person was more or less bullied and frustrated into saying this but......... what do you guys think?                     http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/02/second-teen-spends-months-in-jail-for-video-game-threat/

If they're jailing this kid for his threat, I find it completely hypocritical that they wouldn't jail the other kid, whose raging so hard online that he's telling other gamers they should go kill themselves. I'd think that a much more realistic and dangerous threat. It's not completely unheard of that people get bullied through online services and end up actually committing suicide. I'd think for the authorities to take what he said so seriously they'd have to also take what prompted it as seriously. At the same time I think an aspect of all this that's being neglected in our discussions about these issues is the acknowledgement that these kids are saying ridiculously stupid things. Again, I don't agree with the severity of the penalties they've been given for saying them, but I think to some degree it's a warning sign that somethings wrong. The inability to be able to shrug off some random person's online harassing, or at the very least talk harmless trash back I think demonstrates some instability. Think about all the times you've personally been talked trash to in a game. It happens to all of us and I'm sure we've all done it. Just the nature of competitive gaming sometimes, but most of the time I wouldn't think completely stable people threaten to kill because of it, whether it was intended to be sarcastic or not. You always have to take into consideration that tonality is completely moot in text. It's difficult to pick up sarcasm sometimes in this kind of communication unless you know the person well or it's painfully obvious. Know what I mean?

You know if somebody said something like that here they'd probably get a talking to because it's acknowledged that it's unacceptable behavior.

Again, that's not to say I think the repercussions have been acceptable either. Just saying. It's a stupid thing to say.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Society make sick and I just may have lost all my rights
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:28 pm

If anything, I'd argue they're likely to create criminals/terrorists this way.

You want to turn a slightly jaded 18yo nerd into a criminal or terrorist? Put him in federal prison for 8 years over a sarcastic remark.

He'll hate you forever, and if it turns out he's dedicated, vindictive and/or charismatic you have the potential for a very serious problem on your hands. A problem with public support, no less.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:14 pm

$#@% YOU and the horse you rode in on internet........

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!!!....

Mwah....HA.........HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! devil 

wait....

one of my favorite video game cutscenes:

It ironically fits the tone of this thread.lol 

On a serious note, I'd rather be safe, but this is just dumb.

I seen a kid going through garbage cans in the back alley a couple weeks ago. I asked him what he was doing...and he said, "Shut up fool! I'll put a cap in yo a$$!" Then ran away laughing, I laughed a little too. There's just something about getting cursed at by a kid with a squeaky voice. Shrug 
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 am

Just a heads up people, since I only found this out recently after deciding to look it up post making a pretty horrible joke in skype, your skype conversations are not private.  Microsoft, which owns skype, have set up a deal with the NSA, and they can monitor anything done over skype.  Because of their jurisdiction, since it is an american program, that can access a skype call between a guy in germany, and a guy in australia.  So they do have access to anything also said in skype...Which is bad news for me, because oh boy do I make some horrible jokes.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 pm

They're monitoring me on skype too? Oh dear, back to envelopes and paper then. Don't want them to know I'm planning on politically dominating Australia, do we? winking
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Time to fake plan US bombings in Skype then.I'd love to see the feds try and bust me in Irishland.You can take me seriously when I say the first guy to try and put cuffs on me for an internet comment will  be the lucky recipient of a knife through the skull.

Why must people try and monitor and control everything? It's been men in power's ambition for hundreds of years. I fail to understand the desire to control other people,it seems rather pointless seeing as the only ones you could really manipulate are idiots and generally worthless.

I also highly doubt Osama ever planned any attack through social networks,better off going back to tapping phones.What ever happened to tracking down hackers and the like? Your tax money instead goes to spying on kids.

Look Skyward
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:47 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:Time to fake plan US bombings in Skype then.I'd love to see the feds try and bust me in Irishland.You can take me seriously when I say the first guy to try and put cuffs on me for an internet comment will  be the lucky recipient of a knife through the skull.

Why must people try and monitor and control everything? It's been men in power's ambition for hundreds of years. I fail to understand the desire to control other people,it seems rather pointless seeing as the only ones you could really manipulate are idiots and generally worthless.

I also highly doubt Osama ever planned any attack through social networks,better off going back to tapping phones.What ever happened to tracking down hackers and the like? Your tax money instead goes to spying on kids.

Look Skyward
     Not to be a necromancer but that was worth it
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:Time to fake plan US bombings in Skype then.I'd love to see the feds try and bust me in Irishland.You can take me seriously when I say the first guy to try and put cuffs on me for an internet comment will  be the lucky recipient of a knife through the skull.

Look Skyward

I usually try and let sleeping dogs lie "opinions"...but the whole "hate America" thing is getting kinda old.

Focus that energy towards the UN please.  They have the power to do anything they want, which includes starting WWIII.

We "Muricans" have our problems, but so does everyone else.

Atrocities can be sited all across the world.

If it is to be said this is an example that America has some things to work on, then fine I agree, but directing hate comments towards the US is starting to make me want a lock, which is a shame, because this conversation NEEDS attention.

Its a travesty indeed.

Thanks in advance, maaal
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:

Look Skyward

I usually try and let sleeping dogs lie "opinions"...but the whole "hate America" thing is getting kinda old.

Focus that energy towards the UN please.  They have the power to do anything they want, which includes starting WWIII.

We "Muricans" have our problems, but so does everyone else.

Atrocities can be sited all across the world.

If it is to be said this is an example that America has some things to work on, then fine I agree, but directing hate comments towards the US is starting to make me want a lock, which is a shame, because this conversation NEEDS attention.

Its a travesty indeed.

Thanks in advance, maaal

"Time to fake plan US bombings in Skype then.I'd love to see the feds try and bust me in Irishland.You can take me seriously when I say the first guy to try and put cuffs on me for an internet comment will  be the lucky recipient of a knife through the skull."

I was really only referring to this.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:42 pm

^Don't get me wrong, tongue and cheek humor isn't gonna offend me (or most rationale people I assume).  I get what those statements mean.  It just seemed like the conversation was steering itself in a poor direction.

The core (and imo the most important) of the conversation has a lot more to do with what Krazy said about "why do people always want to control everyone"<---paraphrased I believe...

...which leads to the obvious lack of common sense authorities seem to display all across the world.

This is a perfect example of how sometimes "authority" needs an "authority".  A concept I would hate to see lost in translation.

Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am