Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Dibsville
Green__Eagle
O1va_
Sentiel
XachAttack
IakonaSD
10 posters

Health Glitch?

IakonaSD
    IakonaSD

Health Glitch? Empty Health Glitch?

Post by IakonaSD Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 am

So I left Undead Burg open for co op and PvP.  My toon is SL 15, I FULLY upgraded/acsended my pyro glove, and had 'Great Combustion'.  I'm vaded and I hit this person 3 times, full on (he lights up on fire), he lives, then hits me 1 time with the same spell, and I die.  

He claims he is only SL 1.  Is there anyway possible for a SL1 toon to survive 3 full on hits, from a fully upgraded glove, with Great Combustion?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Health Glitch? Empty Re: Health Glitch?

Post by XachAttack Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:04 am

Well, it's either lag or he hacked something. What system are you on?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 am

Well, you could've landed Phantom Hits. If the guy evades in the right moment you can see him actually get hit by the spell, even see the fre effect on him, but he gets no damage. That happens when you hit him on your screen, but miss him on his, thus you see a hit, yet no damage. However if he just stood there and did nothing, not even block with a shield and he did not have Flesh Sweat (self buff that reduces Fire damage) on him then he was either cheating, or extremely lagging.

Fully buffed (CoD and BDCR) can make you one shot SL1 with Great Combustion, even with RoFaP ring. Not sure if MoM, good Fire resistant armor and Tiny Ring, or Flame Stoneplate Ring would prevent the one shot though. They might, but your best bet is Dragoncrest Shield (although I don't think SL1 can block Black Flame) and Flash Sweat.
    IakonaSD
    IakonaSD

Post by IakonaSD Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 am

Xachattack this is a PS3.

If the other answer is true, where I see him being hit, but on his screen he is NOT hit, then I just need to sell this game.  

My experience with this game is generally the same thing over and over.  Usually the guy is 20 miles away from me, he magically teleports behind me, and back stab kills me.  Last week I was summoned (SL 9), the vader was backstabbed 3 times by the host, hit multiple times, by me as well, and I  backstabbed him with a fully upgraded lightning scythe, and the vader still got up and killed us both.

I am just not understanding how these people can take this much damage at this level, and still win, when I get killed at a fraction of that kind of damage.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:41 am

They get end game gear at a low level and invade low people for god knows why, that would be why they can survive everything you throw at them.

It'll be worth it to try to learn how the lag works so you'll be able to fight back in situations like this if you ever decide to keep the game. Sounds like you're getting a big heap of it, I don't know what you could do there, but I'm sure someone else will. Good luck.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:11 am

Phantom Hits and waht you describe is the game's lag. A latency if you will. It exists in every single PvP match. Unless the lag is extreme, so the damage numbers get displayed with delay, or somebody teleports, it's never the player's fault, but it's how the game works.
    The latency is created by using P2P system for connecting players and it's partially on purpose, so we can't sight parry each other, like we can mobs.

I think that we all hate this latency and would be glad if it was gone and PvP just got balanced better, but we have to live with what we got, so the best we can do is adapt and learn how the latency works, so we can use it as a weapon, instead of it being a hindrance to us.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:54 am

IakonaSD wrote:Last week I was summoned (SL 9) ... I  backstabbed him with a fully upgraded lightning scythe,

I just hope that scythe is for invaders only, otherwise you're just as game ruining as the invader.

IakonaSD wrote:I am just not understanding how these people can take this much damage at this level, and still win, when I get killed at a fraction of that kind of damage.

Did you actually see the damage numbers? If you didn't then it was the phantom damage again. It can also happen with backstabs, if he managed to do damage to you at the same time you backstabbed him, then the backstab animation runs normally but no damage is dealt. If he took alot of damage and you saw the numbers then he probably was hacking.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am

Are you connected to the internet via the ethernet cord or is your PS3 using the wireless option?

If wireless, try using the cord.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:22 am

PS3 is the laggiest of the three consoles, there's no doubt he was simply able to evade them and you just didn't notice. Due to lag, the phantoms you see are actually a few seconds behind, which means you can get a hit and it won't do anything at all because they dodged it in their world, although you'll still here the sound.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 am

Dibsville wrote:PS3 is the laggiest of the three consoles, there's no doubt he was simply able to evade them and you just didn't notice. Due to lag, the phantoms you see are actually a few seconds behind, which means you can get a hit and it won't do anything at all because they dodged it in their world, although you'll still here the sound.
    ^so true u just gotta learn how 2 deal with things
    What i hate is when u hit them but the damage doesnt show up until like 10 or 20 seconds completely destroys how the fight goes
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:PS3 is the laggiest of the three consoles, there's no doubt he was simply able to evade them and you just didn't notice. Due to lag, the phantoms you see are actually a few seconds behind, which means you can get a hit and it won't do anything at all because they dodged it in their world, although you'll still here the sound.
    What i hate is when u hit them but the damage doesnt show up until like 10 or 20 seconds completely destroys how the fight goes
    ^That is the player's lag. Not saying the game is innocent, but if you have such delay to see damage numbers, somebody has a dial-up at his home. thumbs up 
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:44 am

Sentiel wrote:
    shadowzninjaz wrote:
    ^That is the player's lag. Not saying the game is innocent, but if you have such delay to see damage numbers, somebody has a dial-up at his home. thumbs up 

This is incorrect.  I have both systems, same connection, but there is way more lag over the PS3, to north american players.  I do not think PS3 players have more lag on average than xbox, for north american players.  The PS3 itself is laggier is my conclusion.

10 to 20 seconds is obviously an exaggeration.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:50 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:This is incorrect.  I have both systems, same connection, but there is way more lag over the PS3, to north american players.  I do not think PS3 players have more lag on average than xbox, for north american players.  The PS3 itself is laggier is my conclusion.

10 to 20 seconds is obviously an exaggeration.
    10 to 20 seconds is quite an exaggeration, but I can average a 5 second waiting period against certain people.

And PS3 is the laggiest of the 3 consoles. Xbox is in the middle, PC has the least.

But less lag means more hackers. (Not seriously, but PS3 has less hackers, Xbox is in the middle, PC has more than the other two.)
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:56 am

Hackers don't bother me.  I'd rather have 9 good fights, 1 hacker (who you can block and disconnect from) than 5 poor fights, 14 meh fights, and 1 hacker.

Hackers don't kill the system at all.  They're fairly rare on xbox.  I have a friend on ps3 who's a hacker and I honestly do not understand how he derives any fun from the game.  He can cast karmic justice and has other weird effects that pretty much insta kill people.  Really boring to coop with as well.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Hackers don't bother me.  I'd rather have 9 good fights, 1 hacker (who you can block and disconnect from) than 5 poor fights, 14 meh fights, and 1 hacker.

Hackers don't kill the system at all.  They're fairly rare on xbox.  I have a friend on ps3 who's a hacker and I honestly do not understand how he derives any fun from the game.  He can cast karmic justice and has other weird effects that pretty much insta kill people.  Really boring to coop with as well.
    I'd rather have a good fight in general. It's rare to find a good fight lately.

Although yesterday I had the best fight in quite awhile even though I invaded in the Forest.

He was a lone host, and a damn good one at that. Too bad I was using a Rapier + Gold Tracer setup and I didn't have any slower weapons to switch to, and since he was using a MSGS, I ended up winning due to speed ties.

It was a good fight, just unfortunate that I couldn't be a little more fair.

On to the point of hacking:

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:44 pm

It doesn't sound like they hacked during your fight, as explained before you probably landed phantom hits on them if they were dodging this happens all the time. 

The other fight sounds like the player that was backstabbed repeatedly counter bs'd you by hurting you or the host before you landed the BS. There are a lot of ways to do that but a good suspect when it comes to that counter is a piece of armor from Kirk's armor set.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Are you connected to the internet via the ethernet cord or is your PS3 using the wireless option?

If wireless, try using the cord.

Funny thing, I did some tests and found the wireless was a hair faster here.  Then for some strange reason I never unplugged the NIC and got zapped by lightning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm