Logan stays at firelink ?

nopseudoidea

Logan stays at firelink ?

Post by nopseudoidea on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 am

Hi everyone.

I have a problem on my current character. I freed Logan in Sen's, talked to him, bought all his spells. I went to the Duke's Archives, did the duke skip, killed Seath, and now after quitting/reloading a lot of times, trying to clear other areas, he still isn't in his room. He isn't in the room where you fight Seath first either, he just stays there at firelink.

I tried everything. Killing Griggs, aggroing Logan then requesting absolution, talking to him a lot of times, he still stays there and I don't know what to do. Usually, even when you do the duke skip, he frees himself after the Seath fight. What happened ?

Thanks.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Re: Logan stays at firelink ?

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 am

This is a glitch caused by the Duke Skip. Although he's normally supposed to go to the Archives once Seath has been killed, if you do the Duke Skip the game sometimes registers that you never got to the area, so Logan will not move.

Have you tried looking at his cell beside the Picasa's?

nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 am

I can't access it since I did the skip. Unless there is another way ?
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 am

Doing the Duke skip broke the sequence of events needed to get him to leave.  If my logic is correct, he's programmed to go Firelink > Duke's Prison Cell > Library Room.  He'll go from Firelink > Prison Cell when you die to Seath on the first encounter, and from Prison Cell > Library Room when you free him.  The Duke skip means you never died to Seath, and never triggered the event to get him to leave Firelink, meaning he wasn't in position to move to the library.

EDIT: My logic is incorrect, since I now remember he can still move away from Firelink before you visit the Archives. I don't know exactly what the trigger is, but I'll keep the above paragraph since it still conveys the idea I was going for.

I had something similar happen to me where I once got Solaire stuck at the bonfire room in Anor Londo because I had already cleared Lost Izalith before talking to him past the Taurus Demon.  All it takes for him to go from Undead Burg > Anor Londo is talking to him, but since I'd already done any possible triggers between that and his next movement (Anor Londo > Sunlight Altar could be triggered by beating O&S, obtaining the Lordvessel, placing the Lordvessel, etc.), I couldn't get him to move on.

Basically, be more patient next time straight face

EDIT:
    nopseudoidea wrote:I can't access it since I did the skip. Unless there is another way ?

Nope.  Though I guess "try again in NG+" is technically another way straight face

Last edited by Reaperfan on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis

nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:06 am

Okay. I'll have to rush the DLC to get Manus Catalyst then. Thanks.
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Dibsville wrote:This is a glitch caused by the Duke Skip. Although he's normally supposed to go to the Archives once Seath has been killed, if you do the Duke Skip the game sometimes registers that you never got to the area, so Logan will not move.

The archives "after" seathe is killed? I've had logan in there before going to crystal caves and before killing seathe. He's suppose to show up in dukes once you access the area.
    I'm just wondering if OP used MM and warped to dukes or directly to crystal caves bypassing dukes all together. If so, you're screwed dude until ng+ and you do the area properly.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:28 pm

twigsterxd wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:This is a glitch caused by the Duke Skip. Although he's normally supposed to go to the Archives once Seath has been killed, if you do the Duke Skip the game sometimes registers that you never got to the area, so Logan will not move.

The archives "after" seathe is killed? I've had logan in there before going to crystal caves and before killing seathe. He's suppose to show up in dukes once you access the area.
    I'm just wondering if OP used MM and warped to dukes or directly to crystal caves bypassing dukes all together. If so, you're screwed dude until ng+ and you do the area properly.
    By "after", I mean that once Seath is killed he goes to his Archives location (the freed one).

In other words, in a normal case he can be there without you ever talking to him throughout the entire playthrough, as long as Seath is dead.

nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

twigsterxd : I didn't use a mule, I simply skipped the prison part with a glitch that is well known. I know that Logan can be freed before beating Seath, but I was rushing to get to NG+ early so I didn't bother, since he is supposed to free himself after the fight anyway. (and with 8vit I didn't feel like climbing the big lift on which the archer shoots arrows which can 2-shot me)

And finally, Logan decided to move after I beat Manus. Apparently this always triggers the quest since another guy seemed to have the same problem as me and it was also solved after beating Manus.
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Actually, beating another boss is the trigger for Logan moving if he doesn't move from once Seath dies, so it would have worked with any other boss.

nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

It didn't work for Sif, Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:20 pm