Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Djem
Animaaal
StiffNipples
wretchedsausage
Dibsville
SirArchmage
Lord of Ash
Laveidem
shadowzninjaz
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
15 posters

This wiki is the elite

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

This wiki is the elite - Page 2 Empty Re: This wiki is the elite

Post by retro Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:13 am

A lot of people are saying that other communities do not come close, but I must offer a dissenting opinion.

r/darksouls is an excellent place to talk about the game, and has loads of very-well informed people and some solid discussion. Like anywhere on reddit, you can expect funny picture posts and less-substantive material to generally get voted to the top. But as long as you check fairly regularly and make the effort to go at least a couple pages in, it's easy to skip the topics that don't interest you and find good information.

There are pros and cons to each Dark Souls community, but this forum and r/darksouls are definitely my two favorite places to discuss the game. The format and pace of this forum makes it better in certain aspects (the fact that you can 'bump' discussion threads), along with the specificity of sub-forums. The fact that older discussions don't have to get buried super fast allows for continuing discussion and planning events better as well.

But r/darksouls is unparalleled when it comes to disseminating new discoveries, tools, and information about the game. It's one aspect that I think it objectively does better, which I hope others here aren't missing out on by assuming there aren't other communities that do certain things awesomely! happy
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

This wiki is the elite - Page 2 Empty Re: This wiki is the elite

Post by SirArchmage Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:58 am

LunarFog wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:My Assumption: We are about five or six steps ahead then other sites are when it comes to all thing Dark Souls. Now where is our damn medal?

Knowledge and power are rewarding enough as long as you take advantage of it.
    Medals are shinier.

Shiny shiny......

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm