A message to all Dark Souls fans.....

Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: A message to all Dark Souls fans.....

Post by Derpwraith on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 am

I got killed by a giantdad with a pike for a secondary and pyromancy, I find it more embarrassing when people can't get the easiest build right.

PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 am

I'm tellin ya Dad is dead, Big Momma is coming next....seen it myself. IF that was the same guy, ya know, since calling people out by tags is against the rules and all ya know?
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:01 am

Giant Dad. http://mmdks.com/2wvs

Giant Mom http://mmdks.com/2wvq

I don't know how many times I've tried to explain it, but ever since the 1.06 patch you get more health by gauging End and wearing Mom than adding more Vit and wearing Dad.

Seriously This is next level MLG stuff. Even more Min/Maxed than before.
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 am

Agreed Jan, I called out Giant Dad way back when it first started popping up on not being as efficient as using the Mothers Mask, got downvoted to hell for hell for it a few times (not here, on reddit) so I just decided people don't like to be educated.

I never really understood why afro went with MotF in the first place, possibly for looks?

I don't really ever recall seeing it used back pre nerf, it was always MotM + DWGR + Giants or Havels with either a Zwei, Claymore, or Washing Pole.
    Sometimes Child Mask would pop up, but never Father, you didn't need it with DWGR.

Even at SL100 MotM is still better than MotF, more so at SL120.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 am

I got killed by a giantdad with a pike for a secondary and pyromancy, I find it more embarrassing when people can't get the easiest build right.

Most GiantDads/Moms do not run dark bead, darkmoon blade, or sunlight blade.  Only the high level ones have enough copies of WoG to spam it dead-angled.

Not everyone running this setup is copying OnlyAfro's video.  It's a good setup for keeping reasonable mobility with excellent defense.  I think father mask was chosen because it does look the most obnoxious of the three happy.

I don't know how many times I've tried to explain it, but ever since the 1.06 patch you get more health by gauging End and wearing Mom than adding more Vit and wearing Dad.

How does it stack up to just wearing a helmet with actual high defenses and poise?  Do you get more "effective" HP vs physical damage with MotM, or do you get more with Giant's Helmet +5?  The helmet is nice in that you can tank through a great fireball, but since almost every threatening weapon has most of its AR in non-split physical, it seems like more defense would be useful too.  I'm not sure any of the family masks are actually best for total effective HP...we'd need to see how much a normal helmet reduces the various incomming damage (and also factor in that the more HP you have, the more valuable damage mitigation becomes).

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 am

MoF and MoM are still very effective at higher soul levels depending on what breakpoints you're trying to achieve.

At low levels they don't shine due to being percentage return based.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 pm