How does Dark Souls haunt your daily life?

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Re: How does Dark Souls haunt your daily life?

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Skyrim with the difficulty of Dark Souls, I have to sit down for a moment. Giants, Trolls, Dwarven Ruins, everything would just be...Metal...That is the best way I could describe it.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Looking at the creatures of Dark Souls, I would be more afraid of the worlds of Dead Space, Amnesia, or even Aliens. Dark Souls? I think that I can handle the certain immortality, and any fear factors would be substituted by rage and courage. Or either.

And Skyrim... the enemy ranges of strength is kinda askew. I find that those Wispmothers, and even the Spriggads, are harder in cases than the damn dragons. Does make much sense to me.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Now imagine those things buffed to Dark Souls standards, Dragons that kill you with one breath, trolls that destroy you in two swings, bandits that get critical strikes on you and actually flank you. It would be unplayable with the number of enemies you get thrown up against. Jesus, Dragon Priests.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I got killed by mosquitoes in Dark Souls as well as everything else so many times I was super gun shy turning on Skyrim. I went into the first bandit cave thinking I would need to retreat.....and then had very little difficulty. Skyrim is certainly more relaxing. Catching butterflies is a little less hardcore than say.....farming skeleton babies. After killing the dragon last night I had a WTF moment as the undead thing it summoned to help was FAR stronger than the dragon. Did I stumble on an undead god? Seriously....WTF!

Acidic....the Dark Souls difficulty is a haunt for Skyrim. I barely beat a Hagraven, I have to run from Spriggans, the undead thing near the dragon is a "come back and kill later" monster but a dragon? Toe to toe baby! In Dark Souls I approached everything with respect knowing I could die. After a few hours in Khajiit mode I have grown lax, to my demise on occasion.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Ya, i would prefer to go hollow in dark Souls, than living as a mortal hiding in a town for my whole life. Doesn't seem as glorious.

of course, I would use conjuration, and possibly become a necromancer. Now why would I need to work, when others do it for me silly. The Daedra and those who follow me would do so. I would be more king and hero, but it does not matter.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 pm

This thread has become about how Dark Souls haunts your Skyrim life haha.

Right now I can see my lawn, and all I'm thinking about doing is plucking out some pieces and eating it since I'm feeling tired.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Makes you wonder what 5 Hour Energy is really made of. Would you like some green moss with that?

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I'd sooner start eating the soil than I would drink an energy drink haha.
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I know it's staying off topic but I looked at the nutrition label for one of those once as I was curious.....the b12 amount is over 1000% of the recommended daily value.

skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Ok, ok.....back on topic.....I just had to take a drink of water because my lips felt dry and all I could picture is my face gone hollow from dryness and I don't think chapstick or Burt's Bees would even help that. Of course I envisioned my hollow face in the Gold Hemmed hood which is what I wore through most of the game. This of course would not be a great fashion statement with my blue polo shirt.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Hollow me would look like, well I can say no matter how hollow I become I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be gaunt, I would just look like some normal guy with a really deep tan...And empty eye sockets.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm still haunted by the prison guards from Demon's Souls.......whenever I hear a bell.......

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Aside from waking up at night thinking about some new approach to a build (thankfully these episodes seem to be subsiding), my biggest trigger of game memory actually reaches back to Demon's Souls. To this day, the sound of crows absolutely jars me out of whatever I'm doing and makes me think of the very first level (1-1) when I experienced this brilliantly conceived world. I found the use of sound in Demon's was always really effective (who can forget the sound of flies and things rotting in the valley of defilement).
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah, I think about it quite a bit, builds, boss fights etc..

not so much any more though, think I might be beginning to move on to other things :|

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 pm

well i was watching TV and i thought i saw a message saying "a black phanton has invaded" and i was like O_o and then i hear the front door opening im like :affraid:

it was my cousin but still i was startled way too much

and i hope my cousin forgives me for hitting him with a baseball bat on the shoulder

"Accept its powers"

"stay out of the light"

"and become my puppet!"

"even if you resist as long as you hold dark powers each life you take will bring me close to owning you completely!

*this plays*

"you cannot escape,once you have been chosen to be host you cannot turn around and refuse me...i will make you my puppet!"
    Darkstar485
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Darkstar485 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 pm

My sister swung a bat at me and instinctively blocked it, which was cool until i decided to try and riposte...
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 pm

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t897-for-reaperfan-and-the-bronies#13692

This is about it for me lol. Most of my day-to-day life consists of actually playing Dark Souls (go read the Work & Dark Souls thread), so I don't have to let my imagination let it get to me silly

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 am

So I finally am able to share my biggest haunt. I live in a very rural area in western New York. Between October and April most years there's very little green or things that look alive. Also, in thirty years time (my age) it becomes instinct that sunlight does not warm most of the year (and sometimes not even in summer). Anyway, when the sky is cloudy during this time of year it looks a lot like the lighting in the Shrine of Storms and Undead Burg/Anor Londo. The first time I met Solaire I looked up at the sun with him and shivered. To let you know how much this takes I'm the type of guy who shovels the driveway in shorts and takes the garbage out barefoot year round. This type of lighting is entwined in my real life and game life inextricably thanks to the Souls Series.

I took this with my cell phone yesterday on the way home from work. Even though I love where I live the theme of desolation and cold greets most of the 20 miles to home this time of year. All I need is flying Mantas.

Western NY = Shrine of Storms

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:06 am

That sunlight in the game does always catch my eye, sometimes I just stare at it alongside solaire, or by myself after getting out of the forest for a break or helping people with a tough boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:47 am