Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
billy_bayonet
Dibsville
twigsterxd
Red Rosie
FexDS
Encore
Sentiel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Demon Slayer
Emergence
14 posters

How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox Empty How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm

The forum guidelines are implemented to ensure that all people from a diversity of backgrounds who come to the Wiki can feel welcome in an environment that values integrity and thoughtfulness.  Self correction in addition to official moderation to enforce those guidelines is part of maintaining a happy and productive community.  The moderator team here does an amazing job reading through threads, participating in conversations and creating peaceful resolutions to conflict.  While we make our best effort on a daily basis it is impossible to be everywhere at once, which is why we rely on reporting to help us make sure the environment is healthy.  This post is a primer for individuals who are unfamiliar with the reporting procedures.

First, please thoroughly read the Forum Guidelines

Clearly understanding the guidelines is the first step to posting with mindfulness and is crucial in understanding when it is appropriate to report a guideline violation. 

FORUM POSTS

After familiarizing oneself with the guidelines, if we shift our attention to forum posts, at the bottom of every post we see this image:

How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox Report11

The single exclamation point circled in red is the report button.  If a particular post contains a guidelines violation, click the exclamation point and you are taken to a form fill where you can select the guideline violation from the drop down box, and include a message to add any clarity.  Once you sumbit the report, an alert is sent out to the entire moderation team, which links the post directly to us for quick access.  We then review the situation and take appropriate action.  

CHATBOX POSTING

Posts in the chatbox are not able to be flagged in the same sense as forum posting, therefore in situations where a mod is not present, we ask that members first take a screenshot of the offending content and notify a member of the Chat Moderators via PM with the screenshot as soon as possible.  It is important that posters understand that what they type in the chatbox when there is no mod presence is subject to the same accountability as if a mod was present and we will apply retroactive discipline.

As always, if there are any concerns related to the environment of the Wiki, please reach out to the moderation team.  Our primary job is to be facilitators to community growth, and our ultimate goal is that everyone feels happy and comfortable hanging out here!  One <3 silly

Last edited by Emergence on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox Empty Re: How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:24 pm

awesome
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox Empty Re: How To: Reporting Posts in Forums and Chatbox

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I never knew how to do that...pony02

Last edited by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:46 pm

We noticed that there were a lot of folks both vets and newcomers who weren't aware that a report function existed.  Elucidating the guidelines is really never a bad idea.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what does the two exclamation marks with a lock do? It says "Lock post for new reports", but I don't understand what that means and don't dare to try it out.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:59 pm

That's for mods.  We can click that after a post has been reported and handled to prevent it from being reported again.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Ah... Good thing I didn't click it to try it out then. It could've made me a mod. lol!

Thank you for explaining it to me and for telling us not only how to report, but mostly that we can report. I for one, was too scared to do it, even if I saw a post that deserved reporting, because I'm not a mod, so I felt I don't have the right to use it. Strange, I know...

Thanks E. Proper Bow
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:11 pm

I will... Put this to good use...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Don't abuse it either.  We process the reports as faulty or legitimated.  Please don't click that button frivolously and increase our workload unnecessarily.  Reported posts are only for ones that clearly violate guidelines.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm

*Reports Emergence*
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 pm

FexDS wrote:*Reports Emergence*

I tried. It wouldn't let me.sad
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Looking this good should be a crime!
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 pm

As should arrogance...

But who am I to talk about arrogance? I am the most humble person on the face of the earth

This is a joke
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:59 am

Emergence wrote:Looking this good should be a crime!  

Reported for lies.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

It's good to know this since i'm using ps3 browser and don't know wut any buttons do. Can't screenshot chat, so i'll just tell rosie silly
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 am

Always wondered what that did.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 am

twigsterxd wrote:It's good to know this since i'm using ps3 browser and don't know wut any buttons do. Can't screenshot chat, so i'll just tell rosie silly
    Open the browser menu with triangle button, select "File" and scroll down. You'll see a "Save Screenshot" option. That will do a screenshot and save it to your PS3's HDD. It will be in "Photos" in a new folder named "Internet Broswer".

Here, on forum, if you will want to use the picture in a thread, or PM, simply select the icon that looks like a photo with floppy in front of it. It's on the leftmost side of the second row of the icons in the new text editor. Click "Select File" and pick the screenshot from your PS3. You can even resize it in there before posting it.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am

i aint no grass..!!!
    Hawkins172
    Hawkins172
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hawkins172 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:15 am

keep up the good work! and thank you for being considerate for everyone! 
    Proper Bow
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Bumping this as I feel it's important everyone knows how to report and what to report.

Any help in this is greatly appreciated happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Reported for Necro'ing a dead topic!
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:13 pm

I thought E, stickied this. It should be to be honest.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Yeah, it is stickied in most (all?) sections of the forum. I think Serious was 'bumping' to make it show up in as a recent post so people would look at it. Otherwise maybe he just had an elderly moment silly
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:31 pm

It doesn't show as a sticky when you click the last visit link. So I wasn't sure. I knew E, stickied it but stupid area says it's a regular thread. Other sticky's show as a sticky in that area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm