Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Latitoast
SirArchmage
Forum Pirate
LunarFog
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
SadPanda
11 posters

Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-:

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-: - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-:

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:This seems pretty cool.
    Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-: - Page 2 3636-mmmmm
    How many episodes are there? It seems pretty cool and I want to know if I'm getting into a long series. I'll watch an episode of Cowboy Bebop next, then I'll try Code Geass. Thanks for the help guys.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-: - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragonball Z is Killing me ;-:

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I hate guren lagan. The over the top ness is a huge turn off. I'd recommend cowboy beebop. SPace western, ftw.

Did you downrep me panda? Yes, goku did what you said, but he always, always had help and frequently had to try more than once, only surviving because other people step in to let him heal and try again, that was my point. For example, He killed kid buu with a sprit bomb, which is completely independant of his abilities for the record, while vegeta risked oblivion to give him the time. He's the "ultimate" fighter only in that he's the best balance of strength and skill (for the record, i don't count gt)  vegeta has demonstrated (at the beginning of the buu saga) that he can match his skill, and mystic gohan took skinny buu, who beat goku prompting the gogeta fusion.
    Yeah sorry, you seemed like you were Goku fanboying. After what you just wrote I realize that you aren't. I'll take back the downrep. Nevermind, I though you could take back a downrep. I don't really ever downrep :p

Last edited by SadPanda on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm

There's 26 episodes. If you get into more anime, you'll notice that series with 26 episodes tend to be the best of the best.  Coincidentally, Cowboy Bebop also has 26 episodes and has also been said to be one of the greatest.

I don't like Code Geass though.  It's more um...colorful and it takes itself seriously.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 pm

LunarFog wrote:There's 26 episodes. If you get into more anime, you'll notice that series with 26 episodes tend to be the best of the best.  Coincidentally, Cowboy Bebop also has 26 episodes and has also been said to be one of the greatest.

I don't like Code Geass though.  It's more um...colorful and it takes itself seriously.
    ONLY 26 O.O

That should only take the week to finish Gurren Laggan and Cowboy Bebop.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Perhaps, but i still don't like the really over the top aspect.

I'm not sure in what the distinction is though, because I like dragonball which is definitely over the top and generally silly (and makes a similar point about braking limits), but guren lagan and characters like spirit (maka's dad) in soul eater are intolerable (to me.)

Yes only 26, some of the more popular anime get hundreds (as in plural)
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:There's 26 episodes. If you get into more anime, you'll notice that series with 26 episodes tend to be the best of the best.  Coincidentally, Cowboy Bebop also has 26 episodes and has also been said to be one of the greatest.

ONLY 26 O.O

That should only take the week to finish Gurren Laggan and Cowboy Bebop.
    Death Note and Code Geass are as well a short number, both being I believe around 40 to 50 episodes. Great change of pace from Dragon Ball. They could be buttering a piece of toast in Dragon Ball and only get to the part where the person eats it four episodes later.

While doing a bunch of back story and monologue about the toast.

Also Krillin dies.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:34 pm

SirArchmage wrote:

Also Krillin dies.
    That's probably the worst plothole in Dragonball. "You can only be brought back with the Dragonballs once."
    Krillin is revived by Shenron once
    Krillin is revived by Porunga once
    Krillin is revived by Senzu beans (not 100% sure, might have been Shenron loophole)
    Krillin is "revived" after being eaten by Super Buu
    And Krillin dies in GT but I haven't watched most of GT so I don't know if he's revived or not.

And Piccolo dies a lot.
    Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Angel Beats is one you should check out.

I really dislike a good portion of "newer" anime, but this one is just amazing. Though it suffers from being insanely short (13 or so episodes) and in every new episode the plot just changes or simply doesn't explain what just happened.

It's still very good and I would recommend you to give it a quick view. It's funny as well as action-y and dramatic.

If all else fails - Yu Yu Hakusho. Best damn anime I've ever seen. Kicks the crap out of DBZ and I'm a huge fanboy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 pm

haven't seen it (yu-yu-hakusho), I read it though. i don't like the animation style, same problem i have with claymore.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 pm

You're probably being swamped by anime but this one...

I think this is the anime that will make you explode.  You'll hate it so much that you might come around full-circle and actually love it.

...Personally, it's right up there with Gurren Lagann for me.

Doctor Snuggles
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Doctor Snuggles Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xL4SY1TJgQ

If that isn't your style/animation then I suppose it isn't for you.

But my god, the character development is perfect and the dub has to be the best work Funimation has ever done.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Just finished the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. INTENSE, really looking forward to watching some more. I'm interested in Gurren Laggan as well. Which should I watch next?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Video related to topic.

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Just finished episode 5 of Cowboy Bebop, THANK YOU GUYS. This show is awesome.

Spoiler:
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 pm

I like when he charged up the bomb and killed the purple lizard chick. was best... so long ago..
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:51 am

SadPanda wrote:Just finished the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. INTENSE, really looking forward to watching some more.

Man this takes me back!
    I watched through Cowboy Bebob when it was on Cartoon Network the first time.
    That series is required viewing for any Anime fan.
    Its cool without even trying =)

For some reason Gurren Laggan reaaly turned me off... but I really like FLCL... and its is basically the same thing only way shorter (6 episodes).
    I have seen episode 3 of FLCL at least 20 times! The other episodes... not so much =P
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Poliwrath wrote:I like when he charged up the bomb and killed the purple lizard chick. was best... so long ago..

His name was...

...Cell.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    Poliwrath wrote:I like when he charged up the bomb and killed the purple lizard chick. was best... so long ago..

His name was...

...Cell.

FREEEEEEEZYYYY POPSSSSSSSS!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 am