Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
reim0027
Animaaal
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
phastings
Ghadis_God
VaDoom
Sentiel
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
Soris Ice Goldwing
GrinTwist
KrazykevS10
17 posters

More Gankers?

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

More Gankers? - Page 2 Empty Re: More Gankers?

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:24 am

I dc as well. Whenever my invader starts healing with DBs, or running away, or if I see a obvious hacker, I dc.
    There's no reason to waste my time and resources on them.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 am

More on my end as I am the invader. I just bs a guy who was summoning and then disconnected. Right next to the bonfire too. They hate to lose.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 am

I DC the second I smell cheaters.Or sometimes when I feel like it during a really bad day.Never during a half decent fight though,I'm willing to lose those obviously.I just feel that few people earn their wins anymore,they just do whatever makes it easy to win.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 am

I've seen BS fishers all day.

I can't count how many builds feature the DST or Bandit's Knife along with a Buckler and hornet, it makes me very sad.

That or I see Giantdads spamming R1, and then getting mad when I block their attacks and BS punish.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 am

Yeah each day I believe the new blood theory more and more. After some fights I find myself dealing with tactics that never work or just are cheap. Until now I never saw a guy spam through every flask just to stay alive against me. I died but that was the saddest thing I ever saw.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:51 am

I've seen guys try to drink under a Lloyd's, I've seen people spam like it's their job.

I'm done invading, I'm just going to start hosting in the Forest, Burg, and Township.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 am

I still invade but with my " I invade to kill you, and nothing more" mentality. I don't care about duels though if I get one I be happy but I just invade so I can kill you and then kill the next guy, doesn't matter what you wanted or think. Selfish but it works
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:08 am

I'd prefer hosting, I'll still invade, but I can't get ganked unless I'm in the forest if I'm a host.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am

Everyone starts eventually to go hollow.
    It becomes harder and harder for the last real chosen undeads.
    Don't blame the hollows, it's not their falt, that's what the curse does.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

I haven't gone hollow,I was always Krazy.winking

I think we all agree that PVP has taken a turn for the worst.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 am

I've gone hollow to fight the gankers and never has it been so easy. I win at least 80% of my forest invasions at 55 with my glass cannon.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I stopped invading in painted world because of the gankers. The most frustrating their was a havel waiting on the bridge to throw chaos fireballs and hide behind his shield. PSN has its share of poor sports, but from what i hear its the least problematic. But I have no basis of comparison since i only own a ps3. 

have you tried hosting in dark londo? I find that to be the best way to get in some good fights if you can be quick enough to kill the invaders before they gang up. You will want to hold off on bowing unless they do first. you can always summon to balance. just wait in the hall before O&S, there should be some summons by the stairs, just dont become a ganker yourself lol.

ive seen one hack on ps3, in the kiln. has anyone seen this? the hacker doesnt take damage, their legs appear to be invisible, and they spam what looks like WotG but darkness is immitted..

as far as BS fishers, i started using the normal Scythe +15 on my dex build and when i spot one starting to charge for the BS i switch 2handed and R2 twice, it will stunlock and deter them if it doesnt kill them (best to have great magic weapon or some kind of buff tho, otherwise marakumo will make similar work of the bastards)

Last edited by phastings on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Answer to OP: Yes.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm

More Gankers? - Page 2 Tumblr_moyk10eD4O1sql2n0o1_500
    GANKERS
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Host in the forest.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

^porbably the easiest solution, as dark Londo requires a fireball to Gwendolyn's rack, and dying means a long walk back to your bloodstain
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Invade in the forest.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I think it is tied to the new players coming in. They revive the things we hate and do the fastest way to get souls and items.
    While certainly true at high levels, the funny thing is that some of these players think that it holds true at low levels. I was recently summoned into the world of a player in the Burg who wanted to gank. I told him (after I Look Skyward and jumped off a cliff) that, at our SL (approximately 10), we would be gaining ~40 souls per kill. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it is true that you split the souls with your summon.

On to the point, the OP should definitely get a PS3. I've ever only met one hacker (lucky me!).
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:13 am

Bob, You don't split the souls with your summon. It's a % of the souls needed for the guy you kill to level up to his SL from his SL-1.
    A host gets 50% of that.
    A phantom gets 50% of what the host get, so 25% of that.
    An invader gets only 10%.
    A good way to reduce the number of gankers would be to reverse that : 10% when you are host and 50% when you invade. That might create balance issues though...
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am

There does seem 2 be people ganking in the "dueling areas" now but u still see more gankers in township in forest it is easily 2 avoid this by hosting or setup duels with people.

If u wanna duel but u cant find anyone 2 setup up a duel with it i said u should host n get randies 2 invade or summon if ur looking for them duels. If u wanna vs gankers i would say 2 invade in the forest or township. I find rss only be used for setup duels
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:51 am

VaDoom wrote:Bob, You don't split the souls with your summon. It's a % of the souls needed for the guy you kill to level up to his SL from his SL-1.
    A host gets 50% of that.
    A phantom gets 50% of what the host get, so 25% of that.
    An invader gets only 10%.
    A good way to reduce the number of gankers would be to reverse that : 10% when you are host and 50% when you invade. That might create balance issues though...
    I was aware of the 50%/10% souls for hosts/invaders. I was under the impression (from PvE experiences) that a host and his summon would split the 50% souls awarded (thereby allotting 25% to each player). I have never ganked, so I would not know. I was just speculating, so I was asking people who had more experience. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Even though the hosts get 50%, it's not really that bad as long as you invade with a low-level toon. I have an SL30 who often ends up invading SL200's, who are ganking. So, regardless of the outcome of the invasion, I still feel awesome. If I kill them, great! If I don't, then at least I know that they would have to kill me over 100 times over to even get close to leveling up.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:43 pm

You're welcome happy
    Yes if you invade at low level, you won't give them a lot anyway, but that's not what they're interested in. The fact they will earn more from higher SL invaders invites them to continue ganking.
    I think most of them don't worry about any level cap and will go to the highest level possible. Ganking is the easiest way to get the souls requiered for that.
    I don't believe in the "ganking is fun" aspect (well, maybe in the forest), at least not in the long run. But I see a lot of gankers doing that only (I only anti-gank in the township. And I often see the same guys). Some of them feel like they hate you for playing the game, they will send hatemails and act like total douches. I can't believe these ones gank for fun, they gank for souls. If the reward for killing invaders were smaller, I think we would see less gankers. People would summon more phantoms to clean the levels, or only when an invader comes. You wouldn't see as many camping at the spawning point strategy.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 pm

reim0027 wrote:Invade in the forest.

We need people to host so we can invade them too though.

I tried invading in parish a bit to practice for the event.  Ugh.  Here's what tends to happen:

1.  Overmatched lowbie --> remove giant's equipment, use +5 zwei.  They tend to fish and get stunlocked.

2.  3v1 --> I dislike these.  If I wear my +3 armor, I wind up vs people with good gear and die.  If I wear my giants +5, THEN I get the 3 lowbies who backstab me for less than 1/10th of my health because they have some pitiful barely-upgraded dagger and I feel bad.  I was proud of the group that saw me and left a phantom to distract me while the host did a run-by for the boss.  That was impressive

3.  1v1 actual duel --> these are more interesting, but it's really hard to tell ahead of time if that guy's zwei is like mine (+5) or, say, chaos +5.  Sometimes you can tell based on their armor, but not always.

I'll probably just go darkwraith the forest until the event, and just let the non-lowbies kill me while I'm participating in it or something.  Beating on someone who hits me for 1/16 of my health when I kill them in 2-3 hits isn't fun.  It's a smaller advantage than hackers have, but even this legit big advantage is too much.  It just isn't fun to win vs people who have no chance...but then occasionally get fried by a surprise sunlight spear from an unassuming looking host.

Gankers are a logical part of this game.  I don't mind them at all, unless they're actually hacking/cheating in some way.  Some people just don't have the ability or the will to become solid 1v1 players or invaders...ganking makes the game accessible to them and gives us more players to invade quickly.

I think most of them don't worry about any level cap and will go to the highest level possible. Ganking is the easiest way to get the souls requiered for that.

It would be unlikely to the point of being implausible to beat farming the phalynx enemies in painted world in NG+ with symbol of avarice + serpent ring.  As long as you have fire tempest or chaos storm and a halfway decent pyro glove you can 1-shot them easily (overkill with maxed glove too) and the soul output is more than most invaders would match at 50%.  Not to mention that you have 0 instances of very low soul outputs or waiting.  It wouldn't be too hard to get 1 million souls this way in an hour or so.

At some point, ganking > this method for souls, but your SL would have to be very very high already.

Invading > ganking for souls if low lever, even more so if you can win decently often.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Animaaal wrote:Host in the forest.

Its easier to control the tempo.

You can still get the "getting ganked" practice if you want.

MOST forest invaders appreciate it and will leave you gifts for not ganking.

Its not nearly as "cut throat" as other areas, or as some people make it out to be.

Besides, there are many MANY other places that are better for fighting gankers if that's your thing.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 pm

shoot, fogot to mention darkroot forest, next to garden bonfire. That has been hands-down the most reliable spot to invade for me; 90% of the time it will be 1 host waiting their for an invader to duel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am