Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
VaDoom
shadowzninjaz
WyrmHero
Adrian21
SlothAlmighty
Serious_Much
drdrack
crbngville2
XachAttack
Leeroy_Jenkins
Myztyrio
TouchMyGrundel
StiffNipples
Ashran
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
Sargerus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
tooots
DS_Dene
mr_no_face
RANT
twigsterxd
LunarFog
Dibsville
mattecoolio
31 posters

What class are you going for? vote here :D

Poll

Classes

[ 6 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    [ 3 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 13 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [24%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 5 ]

Total Votes: 55
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 Empty Re: What class are you going for? vote here :D

Post by jaythibodeau Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Definitely Temple Knight / Cleric. I've ALWAYS started as that class.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What class are you going for? vote here :D - Page 3 Empty Re: What class are you going for? vote here :D

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Dibsville wrote:Yes, we have access to the weakest spells in the game at the beginning.

Those obviously were not the weakest spells in the game, not by a long shot.

Starting magic is most likely going to be the usual Soul Arrow. In the first gameplay footage released, it looked like the Knight had a Soul Arrow type spell, although he never used it.

In Dark Souls, it is not difficult to get through the early areas with 60 soul arrows (staring copy, buy one from NL), and you can get that immediately after asylum.

Getting crown of dusk from the hydra/golem fights can be a pain if you don't know what you're doing, but if one gouges INT the need for the ivory catalyst is reduced to nothing nearing 30int (though you still want hidden body for anor londo archers etc).

Even if you didn't know about that though, just saving griggs and buying bellowing + great soul arrow + GHSA while pushing near 30 intelligence would let you mop any early encounter...you can probably afford to avoid committing to bellowing until after Quelag even.

After that you have easy options like moonlight butterfly horn, better magic from logan, and easy/great scaling, ultimately arriving at one of the best greatswords (MLGS), a great spear, and a solid array of spells to use.  I don't see how this is a bad choice.

Worst choice (but most fun IMO) is to start with a class like deprived.  You know the stat distribution is wonky, and you have practically no gear at all lol.  But for a first, non-optimized playthrough that kind of challenge is the best!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:30 pm

The only flaw with that is by that point every single class can have enough INT to be as good as a Sorcerer, but isn't limited to 8 Res and 8 Vit from the very start of the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am