Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
berkut
Soltaire's Child
reim0027
Tolvo
User
exandroide
Forum Pirate
aceluby
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WarriorOfSunlight
zzCLR2Rzz
befowler
Reaperfan
CrescentCrux
djgq42
ViralEnsign_
RANT
Akatik
Carphil
Liff Daddy
callipygias
25 posters

What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned?

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned? Empty What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned?

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Inspired by diggs 42. Based on an idea by diggs 42. Plagiarized from diggs42.

Outside of the game I reach for a bag of potato chips, because it seems like as soon as my hands get greasy I get summoned. I try to use that to my advantage. IN game I just kill everything in the vicinity and ninja-flip them over whatever obstacle is handy--preferably a wall with a dropoff on the other side. Problem with that is that you start getting pretty good at it after a while and you run out of bodies to fling pretty fast.

What about you?
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned? Empty Re: What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned?

Post by Liff Daddy Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Usually happen to be at O+S waiting to be summoned.

Starting at the bonfire in the castle: Run to the other side of the hall, where the spear silver knight guards a chest, parry/riposte him. Go to the staircase area and parry/riposte that silver knight. Go to the previously locked door with 2 spear silver knights, parry/riposte both. Run to large hall with the 2 royal guards and silver knight. Run up the stairs then down the stairs to parry/riposte the silver knight. Equip gold serpent ring then run down the stairs and jump off the platform and run to the giant gate, leading the first royal guard away from the other. Defeat him, then make my way to the other guard and dispose of him. Hope I got 2 titanite chunks. Run back to bonfire and repeat until summoned.

Last edited by Liff Daddy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling fail)
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned? Empty Re: What Do You Do While Waiting to Get Summoned?

Post by Carphil Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Post in the forums.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Maybe if I had something to do, I would wait to be summoned more.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 pm

im aways listening to music while playing, either that or im on the wiki.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:12 pm

As I tend to Gravelord in the PArish I spend my time coming up with fiendishly clever places to hide in plain sight as well as dropping items inkey areas to try to dupe players into moving to place I want them to.

Its that or come here and look at what has updated.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

callipygias wrote:Inspired by diggs 42. Based on an idea by diggs 42. Plagiarized from diggs42.

Outside of the game I reach for a bag of potato chips, because it seems like as soon as my hands get greasy I get summoned. I try to use that to my advantage. IN game I just kill everything in the vicinity and ninja-flip them over whatever obstacle is handy--preferably a wall with a dropoff on the other side. Problem with that is that you start getting pretty good at it after a while and you run out of bodies to fling pretty fast.

What about you?

actually it's djgq42, but thanks for the credit! big grin
    CrescentCrux
    CrescentCrux

Post by CrescentCrux Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:17 pm

I sit and read manga, or browse the forums, or surf the web.

When I'm not doing that I'm usually busy rendering videos causing myself massive ram hoggage and making it hard to play my ps3 though my pc monitors.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I turn around and watch TV or play on the Wii/PS2 and just listen for either the ambient noise of wherever I'm waiting to disappear (indicating I'm at the loading screen while being summoned), or the much louder sound of my phantom appearing in their world. My PS3 is unfortunatly hooked up to my computer monitor so it's tough to forum browse since I'd have to keep switching the setting to check back in.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:22 pm

djgq42 wrote:actually it's djgq42, but thanks for the credit! big grin
    Do you mind if I call you diggs? Sorry, man. Small font.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 pm

As I mentioned in the other thread, I play DkS while also riding a stationary bike. I've got it parked right in front of the bigscreen down in the proverbial man cave, so I get some exercise and also actually see the screen better. I'll listen to my ipod and bike while roaming around, but if I get invaded by someone good I'll usually stand up to focus better, and pull out an earbud so I can hear footsteps, spellcasts etc. And the bike is a great way to burn off steam after losing to a pivot BS artist, lol

I actually have several chars of varying SLs parked in my different favorite spots solely for coop purposes, so if one area is slow I will just reload another char in another. It was a bit of a time investment of front, but now I can basically "teleport" from one area to another whenever one area gets slow, rather than twiddle my thumbs on being summoned.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm

nned to get punching bag
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Do a river dance.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 pm

lol avatar^^

and i usually plan cosplay builds when waiting, my next one is an adjudicator sunbro. (smough armor except head with dual butcher knives or servers, what should i do for the hat?)
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:11 pm

I grind for items...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:18 pm

play a handheld.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:46 pm

been beating up the 4 Kings all day (combustion is your friend) and i'm going through my inventory reading all the item descriptions. i wish i was getting summoned faster than every 20 minutes, but i'm already up to 13 humanity.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm

^What soul level?^
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm

callipygias wrote:^What soul level?^

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 pm

I go on here, or read my text, or I play with notepad. iPod is so fun when I wait. I once read Clash of Kings and the third book of 'The Song of Fire and Ice' while I waited... Takes a while, to be sure. Waiting for people is worst, cause you get the chance of being invaded... Some of the invaders I encounter are not cool.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Exandroide, If you have character in the 130 range give that a try. I'll go through stretches where the summons are nearly constant, and MAN are the kings tough at NG++ in multi-player!

Also, that's a good place for corpse flippin'. When summons are slow you can kill all those little guys up above and use the dark wood grain ring to flip them over the wall. Time flies when you're having fun.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 pm

callipygias wrote:Exandroide, If you have character in the 130 range give that a try. I'll go through stretches where the summons are nearly constant, and MAN are the kings tough at NG++ in multi-player!

Also, that's a good place for corpse flippin'. When summons are slow you can kill all those little guys up above and use the dark wood grain ring to flip them over the wall. Time flies when you're having fun.

my main melee guy is 131...i'll have to give him a try

my fave mobs to flip over walls are the Man Serpents :3
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm

I play with the dog, write, draw, practice my parries on enemies, or post on the forums.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 pm

I pace around (with my toon) or chat in chatrooms.
    Soltaire's Child
    Soltaire's Child

Post by Soltaire's Child Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 pm

befowler wrote:As I mentioned in the other thread, I play DkS while also riding a stationary bike. I've got it parked right in front of the bigscreen down in the proverbial man cave, so I get some exercise and also actually see the screen better. I'll listen to my ipod and bike while roaming around, but if I get invaded by someone good I'll usually stand up to focus better, and pull out an earbud so I can hear footsteps, spellcasts etc. And the bike is a great way to burn off steam after losing to a pivot BS artist, lol

I actually have several chars of varying SLs parked in my different favorite spots solely for coop purposes, so if one area is slow I will just reload another char in another. It was a bit of a time investment of front, but now I can basically "teleport" from one area to another whenever one area gets slow, rather than twiddle my thumbs on being summoned.

thats sooooooo sweet and a very good idea, i wanna make CaptainSunbros for every boss now

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am