Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Eko
Dibsville
raecor14
7 posters

The Binding of Isaac

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Binding of Isaac  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Binding of Isaac

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Ooooh nice tip. Really good to know.

I can't remember the name of the item, but there's one like Dr. Fetus but it turns your attacks into laser blasts instead of bombs. I think it's called technology or something like that. I've found it 3 or 4 times now but every time I've already had really great tear items, like chocolate milk, small rock, cupids arrows, or number 1, which is hilarious btw, and I've opted to not pick it up because I'd lose all my tear buffs. Is that the wrong move ya think? Should I be grabbing it instead?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Some of the effects "bite" each other, don't really know what Chocolate Milk and Technology does though, experiment a bit .

The Rock is a Dmg upgrade and i don't think Techology affects it, Number One, Technology and the Arrow give you a piercing Laser that shoots really fast .

Experiment a bit, one of the main reasons to play this Game is figuring out what the Items/Items combinations do, a Playthrough only takes like 20 Minutes anyway .

I think i start playing it again now :razz: 
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Chocolate milk lets you charge your attacks and fire one large ball of phlem that does a ton of damage. Basically all the items you pick up that effect you're normal spit weapon stack together. Chocolate milk, cupid's arrow, wiggle worm, small rock, wire hanger, number 1, etc. But then there's weapon upgrades like Dr. Fetus, and technology that totally change your attacks and discard all other upgrades and pickups. Dr. Fetus causes you to throw bombs and technology allows you to fire lasers. Dr. Fetus ended up being worth it despite the fact that you fire through enemies so you can't knock them back and have to just learn to time your attacks right, technology makes it so you can't curve your attacks, fire through rocks or poops, and doesn't cause knockback at all. It's like Shoop Da Whoop! but it replaces your normal attack. What I was wondering is whether or not it's worth it the way Dr. Fetus is. I don't think it's going to be though, at least not if you already have good attack upgrades. Maybe if you happened to find it in the first couple levels before you really have anything good, but otherwise I don't think it is.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm

I know, Plastic :razz: 

But sometimes you just get really weird effects, for example Brimstone lets you charge up a Laser simliar to Chocolate Milk, the diference being that you alwaqys have to fully charge it to Attack .

Now if you combine it with Chocolate Milk you are able to shoot faster but weaker Lasers with varying damage .
    And don't even get started on the Knife combinations, oh lord have mercy on my Enemies when i cover my knife in Chocolate Milk .

So Technology just overides Chocolate Milk ? That's kinda lame straight face
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm not sure if it does or not. I'm always too afraid to pick it up when I find it so late in the game. I'd assume it does. Dr. Fetus does and it's the same kinda thing. There are knives? I haven't seen any of those.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:20 pm

There are tons of unlockable Items (just look at the collection), i bet you haven't even seen half of them .
    You unlock the Knife by...ugh i forgot, i think you have to beat the last level with Maggy or something
    But yeah, if you're good with Chocolate Milk and find Technology in the later Stages you really shouldn't pick it up .
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah I'm probably just going to keep doing what I'm doing then. As for the collection you're probably right. I have most of the middle filled out, but there's probably 3ish rows all the way around of stuff I've never seen. Now that I've picked it back up I'm seeing probably 1 or 2 new items every time I play. I really like that. I hope he makes more games like it. Super Meat Boy is fun, but at times it's so hard it's not even enjoyable. Isaac is just great from beginning to end though as far as I'm concerned. I've certainly had some irritating deaths, but how irritating can it really be if I'm hitting replay afterwards instead of ending the game.

Oh wow. I just wiki'd him and evidently he's working on a new Isaac for consoles that will be out late this year. Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am