Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
morte
SlothAlmighty
SadPanda
WaffleGuy
Rayko
Dibsville
twigsterxd
mr_no_face
passivefamiliar
13 posters

mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be?

Poll

mirror knight, summons a mirror image of YOU. a random player like old monk, generic red phantom, or a mirror image of you CONTROLLED by another player?

[ 4 ]
    mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_lcap12%mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 19 ]
    mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_lcap58%mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_rcap [58%] 
    [ 10 ]
    mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_lcap30%mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? I_vote_rcap [30%] 

Total Votes: 33
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? Empty mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be?

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Reading hype for mirror knight. And, I don't know what's true or false or rumor.
     So. I say, a poll. And the community should get to really decide anyway.

personaly i adore the idea of mirror knight summoning players to fight you, but they are mirror images of you. So you fight yourself, but its another player online in control. Maybe just like old monk, it modified the player with the headpiece. No reasons dks2 can't emulate that, add a mirror weapon if need be.

this is a poll/discussion of what you WANT the mirror knight to be. would you rather a generic red phantom be summoned? a npc controlled version of you to fight? or a player being summoned to fight you, old monk style? or a player being summoned to fight you but the player is a mirror image of you. thats what im getting at.

Last edited by passivefamiliar on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? Empty Re: mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be?

Post by mr_no_face Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 pm

I can see it now You get the soul of the mirror knight to make the mirror shield that instead of reposte or shield bash it explodes in the enemies faces like it does in the trailer
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be? Empty Re: mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be?

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Can't vote for something I know nothing about. Until the game gets released,it really can't get a true vote. 
    No one knows how it works. Sorry but I can't vote on this.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm

i didnt make it clear. what do you WANT it to be. obviously we dont know for certain yet...figured that was clear. i'll edit my first post.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:52 pm

It's supposedly an Old Monk fight but with a Wannabe Allant leveled boss fighting alongside it.

I couldn't ask for any better.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:01 pm

mirror knight. what is it? what do we?want it to be?

The thread title threw me off. You asked 3 different things LOL
    If it's about wut we want or would like to happen, then i'll vote on that assumption. But to be honest, choices 2 n 3 are kinda the same.
    I'll vote choice #1 cause if it's able to summon help, I would rather fight npc's than have to fight 2 or 3 other players.
    Rayko
    Rayko

Post by Rayko Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I've voted for #2, but the statement is incorrect - not a red, but "mirror-colored", I suppose. With smart level regulations. Maybe the bosses will level with a player, ha-ha?

Mirroring the player may result in unpleasant consequences since player's style may not be the same with phantom's, that will result in underpowered help from phantom's side. I suppose it'll be a frustrating experience for the phantom, so he may want to avoid it the next time. Oh.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 pm

I want it's shield so I can instantly produce an army of phantoms, who will then proceed to use the 'Joy!'-gesture untill they fall off a cliff.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

I want it to be HARD. And oh boy it does look that way whew
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:29 pm

It'll be like the old monk, but I think it would be awesome if they came up with an AI controlled doppleganger.  you would have to beat an exact copy of yourself.  coming into the fight Overpowered could cost you.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 am

I think that one interesting tidbit about it was that, if you look closely, the phantom seems to be using the dragonslayer spear, from DkS, so it could be an NPC summon fight with Ornstien, similar to S&O, where beating one boss summons another that you have to take down. Or, it could just be that the npc phantom that you get if you don't get invaded is ornstien.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:45 pm

i want the mirror man to be from the previous dark souls character from the player
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

cerealaire wrote:i want the mirror man to be from the previous dark souls character from the player
    That would allow an easy boss to be created by doing a onebro run through or a similar self-handicapping challenge and using that as your player submission.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:54 pm

how the easy solo-ing explain while your at it
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm not saying it is "easy," but it is well known that the AI is very exploitable. You could easily  a glass canon build or make a build with a single weakness which an AI may not exploit, but you would know ahead of time. With regards to soloing, that's the norm of dark souls, man.
    benny-the-jew
    benny-the-jew

Post by benny-the-jew Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

What if he's a covenant?  Don't know if anyone's considered that possibility yet, but he could summon his covenanteers whenever a player makes it to him.  Could be interesting...

Another Idea I had was, since the guys breaking out of the shield seem to be imprisoned (hence the desperate pounding-on-the-shield-trying-to-get-out), what if the summoned players have a choice to either make the player's life miserable and fight them, or help the player by turning on their former captor?  Could be interesting, too...

I have enough trouble with Ornstein and Smough, though.  Fighting a boss and multiple players???  crying  That'd be a nightmare for me!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 pm

benny-the-jew wrote:What if he's a covenant?  Don't know if anyone's considered that possibility yet, but he could summon his covenanteers whenever a player makes it to him.  Could be interesting...

Another Idea I had was, since the guys breaking out of the shield seem to be imprisoned (hence the desperate pounding-on-the-shield-trying-to-get-out), what if the summoned players have a choice to either make the player's life miserable and fight them, or help the player by turning on their former captor?  Could be interesting, too...

I have enough trouble with Ornstein and Smough, though.  Fighting a boss and multiple players???  crying  That'd be a nightmare for me!

I'm guessing that the summoned phantom wouldn't be allowed to fight against his ally, much like how sunbros cant hurt hosts. Otherwise, it would subvert the purpose of the boss summon.

You could probably summon multiple players as well, especially since there can be up to three summoned players. We don't know whether or not this includes the boss summon, bit either way, you would always outnumber the boss, and thus you could handle it rather well, I think.
    benny-the-jew
    benny-the-jew

Post by benny-the-jew Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 am

"... thus you could handle it rather well, I think."

Clearly, you've never seen me play!laughing

Good points, though.  Whatever he is, to me he's just another boss that I can rant about being broken and unfair and way too powerful, only to rave about how awesome he is once I finally beat him.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 pm

benny-the-jew wrote:Whatever he is, to me he's just another boss that I can rant about being broken and unfair and way too powerful, only to rave about how awesome he is once I finally beat him.
    That's the dark souls way, brother.Hurrah

That being said, I'm really looking forward to having a decent network on PC this release, as opposed to the port (still one of my favorite games, in spite of being rushed) and I can't wait for my chance to fight a monk-esque boss, since I missed out on the demon's souls PS exclusive.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 am

IMO it would be fascinating to be given control of the host's build and fight him with it.  No more fair and potentially obnoxious situation exists big grin
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:IMO it would be fascinating to be given control of the host's build and fight him with it.  No more fair and potentially obnoxious situation exists big grin

But wouldn't fighting proficiently be difficult to an extend? Let's say you have a character with a heavy armor set and you use speedy weapons or some mismatched build? Do AIs have the kind of potential to fight on par with a player on a custom build?
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm

morte wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:IMO it would be fascinating to be given control of the host's build and fight him with it.  No more fair and potentially obnoxious situation exists big grin

But wouldn't fighting proficiently be difficult to an extend? Let's say you have a character with a heavy armor set and you use speedy weapons or some mismatched build? Do AIs have the kind of potential to fight on par with a player on a custom build?

AI phantoms suck consistently and would only be a challenge if they piled on you with other things anyway.

I'm more interested in human invading phantoms trying to outplay someone with their own exact build.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 pm

The problem with that is you just enter the fight naked and quickly throw on gear and weapons, then whoever is summoned rocks up with your build sans weapons and armour.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:21 am

I'm with stiffnipples on this one. I think that the summoned phantom will either be a normal PVP or, more likely, will be a summoned phantom with a pre-determined build like the old monk. Specifically, I think it will have the dragonslayer spear, since that's what the weapon looked like to me in the video, although we only saw it for a moment. Now, the weapon could just be a red herring, but they'd have just given the phantom a normal longsword if that was the case, since that is a common weapon with no specific associations, compared to a boss weapon from a very well-hated boss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm