Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
StiffNipples
xB_WEEZYx
Coolbeans66
Avenger649
skarekrow13
Halicarnassis
befowler
RANT
LunarFog
reim0027
twigsterxd
Leet
SirArchmage
Dibsville
Max L GER
19 posters

Some ideas getting pvp fun again?

Max L GER

Some ideas getting pvp fun again? Empty Some ideas getting pvp fun again?

Post by Max L GER Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 pm

I lend my Dark Souls to a friend for roughly 2 months... got it back a week ago. PVP doesnt provide as much fun as it once did...

Can you guys suggest me something? Some weapons/builds or just a way of playing, that feels kinda new or just is fun to use?

Really the goal is in no way winning the fights... its having fun again. 

(Sorry for bad english ._.)
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Some ideas getting pvp fun again? Empty Re: Some ideas getting pvp fun again?

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 pm

http://mmdks.com/2u5v
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:51 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22092-the-archmages-magical-realm-of-interesting-builds

Here is a thread made purely for builds that I thought would be interesting and fun to use, but also be effective.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:26 pm

You gotta try different things. Former duels, random invasions, red signs, trolling, low level OP builds, etc etc. But i do agree, it is getting stale. Not saying i'm gonna stop playing DkS though but there's only so much you can do.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Another thing you can do is join a coven. Some of them pvp with other members. Get a group of people together and have mini tournaments. 4 or 6 players and after each batle, switch players. All kinds of things to do. You just need to know wut you want.
    Max L GER

Post by Max L GER Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Dibsville wrote:http://mmdks.com/2u5v

30 Min Match against a guy in elite knight armor... always dodged his attacks until then he startet to spam r1 with dragon spear... i answered with bonewheel r2 spam

1 Min later -> Hatemail "Big Noob!"

Haha, that was fun!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:38 pm

There are so many things you can do with DkS. To keep things fresh, I rotate around.

You can coop in may different areas. The Township, Arty, and Kalameet are my favorite. I cat consistent summoning at 80-90. Currently, I use a stamina-regen gouge dex build and go toe-to-toe with Manus and Arty. I also have an uber hypermage that is so powerful it kills anything it even sneezes at.

You can do challenge runs.

Dueling - many different fight clubs here and on twitter. You can also camp in the Anor Londo, Township, burg, moonpit, or PW for invasions. You can also drop a Dragon eye there.

Invading. You can do low level invasions all across the game. This can tie in to your challenge run. Open up the game with a very low level toon, then invade everywhere, It is fun, and can be a big challenge. Invade as a darkwraith, darkmoon, or infect someone as a Gravelord.

Forest - here is gank central. It is expected and desired to gank or be ganked. It takes a certain mindset to be able to survive, but it is a really fun place to be and has constant action.

Cosplaying. That ties into every thing I mentioned above.

Pick one, do it for a bit, then change around.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Troll.  Look up Red Rosie on youtube for some ideas.  Try to kill someone with poison only.  Be an assassin.  cosplay.

Last edited by Emergence on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Snipped out insult)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Definitely cosplay, so much fun
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm

I've been cooping with the calamity ring on.  Very amusing, about 25% of the time you get sent home immediately, but often folks absolutely love it and will double back to resummon you if you croak.  It also drives invaders wild in their efforts to one shot you, while forcing you to work even harder on dodges, parries etc.  Really fun.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:05 pm

@befowler - mate you're completely barmy! lol! Although it offers up an exciting challange I may give it a miss till my next toon.

My new kick is SL10 runs thanks to Reim and Billy and their Invasions 101 event. I never used to invade as a darkwraith either - always been DMB, but invading upwards against the odds.. can be rather hair raising at times.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Calamity ring is unbalanced. Please Nerf

You could also give pranking a try......

twistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwistedtwisted
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 pm

I would suggest just using a cosplay or really handicapped build, if you invade in the forest or the township gankers can be fun but frustrating to fight.
    Trolling others may be fun to do but most ideas have already been done.
    Coolbeans66

Post by Coolbeans66 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:29 pm

You could try some low level builds and troll some people which is always fun or you could go to the forest and try and take down some gankers

Alternatively, if you're bored of honour duels you could try some invasions which I find a lot more enjoyable
    xB_WEEZYx
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xB_WEEZYx Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:07 am

An acutal PvP FC.. (fightclub movie style)
     for gits and shingles so bear with me

Location: In the PW, RSS where the bone wheels are.. the basement type area filled with pillars next to the switch
    Wep: dragon bone fist / darkhand /pyroflame etc.
    Armor: no shirt

lol
    most likely would be a no go
    but i love that location
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 am

+1 for Cosplay, it's great fun, I get lots of happy messages and I've had a few friend requests out of it too.  

I try to mimic not only the looks but also the mannerisms of the character I'm copying. So for example when I cospvp'd Tarkus, I would shield bash everything. When I cosco-op as Mildred I cast Flash Sweat and frolic in Quelaags lava vomit.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I love seeing Mildred builds, it's never a boring time.  My King Jeremiah cosplay build also gets mad love, people often put on the xanthous crown to join the fun.  Only problem is that it covers up the calamity ring evil eye effect so you have to actually use that ring slot for something useful.  Other popular ones:

Fatrolling golem w/golem axe
    Township mob (bloated head, claws, no chest armor, steel leggings)
    Crystallized knight (full crystal set, crystal shield, sword)
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm

I think Mildred is my most fun cosplay. I've made about 5 or 6 of them (as I keep deleting them for other stuff, but I always come back).  

She's not so fun on PC as I just never got summoned, but on PS3 it was great fun, lots of people summoning for double Mildred power for Quelaag.

One of my Mildred builds got turned into an SL45ish Iron Golem RP. I invaded in Sens with Iron Flesh and the Golem Axe. I think I lost about 2 fights with that character. It's actually really fun, but quite powerful.

IThis threads got me all keen for more co-op, I think I'll have to go back to PS3 and make some RP builds now.
    Just have to work out how to remove the updates and fix it first, since the DLC update made everywhere run like Blighttown, and Blighttown is worse than ever  confused

I haven't done Crystal General yet, but I've done a Domhnall of Zena playthrough, that Crystal Greatsword is just terrible, and now everytime you pull it out people disconnect due to the hackers loving it a while ago.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:49 am

Some ideas getting pvp fun again? Mask_of_the_father #YOLO

Last edited by Demon Slayer on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am

Demon Slayer wrote:

#YOLO
    I can approve to this.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53 am

Dibsville wrote:
    Demon Slayer wrote:

#YOLO
    I can approve to this.

This is what you must approve Some ideas getting pvp fun again? Mask_of_the_father
    megaoptamas759
    megaoptamas759
    Casual
    Casual

Post by megaoptamas759 Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 am

approve this Well What is it
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 am

When I get bored with DkS, I usually hop on my SL1 character and try to progress through PVE.
    Anulpanda

Post by Anulpanda Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm

I was feeling very bored with PvP recently but mixed up my weapons and play-styles drastically to spice things up. It really helps having a Sl 200 build for variation.

Some builds I found fun to play:

Collateral Damage: Chaos Blade, Power Within, and Thorn Armor w/ Pyro for aesthetics. Play extremely aggressively/recklessly.

The Re-bounder: Red & Blue Tearstone rings, Havels Ring & RoFaP w/ Heavy armor. Spear or rapier & preferably GC/BF. At 20% health you'll be a force to reckon with, throw on PW for added deadliness.

What The..?: Dragon Torso & your choice of Great/Large Club. Use sorcerer's catalyst & throw on Hidden weapon for some puzzled invaders. Invisible crits are quite lol-worthy. 

Hope to see you in the forest!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am