Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Seignar
Slarg232
Animaaal
ResIsBestStat
Hart
drdrack
Dibsville
SirArchmage
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
14 posters

Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges. Empty Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges.

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

I'd like to brainstorm out a few with you.

So here is the limitations I wish to put in place...
    The gear I add in this manner can not be used against other players.
    Anything that makes the game -easier- must also be compounded by making it equally harder in another manner.

Here is three idea's I'm thinking of currently.

1: Return of the Black Knight

I would hack the stats of my old Blaqk Knight onto a character. (SL125, 40 strength, 13 end, 99 vit, 18 dex), and then set the difficulty to NG +7. A simple shortcut in order to film a NG+7 playthrough. All area's must be done in order.

2: Statistically Unfavorable

I would hack my stats to be SL 100, but with only 8 on each of my stats. I am free to level up, but I must be human at all times (A stack of 10 hacked humanity will be supplied to ensure the always human requirement can be met)

3: Chaos Mode

My maximum HP will be set to 5. I will have enough equip load to allow me to fast roll in a set of 4 "Havel +5" pieces of gear. My Resistance Stat will also be set to 99, which should result in a defense number that reduces all possible damage sources (on NG1) to 1 or 2 per hit.

Healing will not be permitted.

What are other odd idea's you think would be interesting to watch?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges. Empty Re: Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:00 am

So for #2 you just want your starting SL to be 100? Why is that? Are you going to PvP in the Burg right off the bat or something? With those stats?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges. Empty Re: Planning to use an editor in order to create new, interesting challenges.

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 am

I assume she plans on doing it so that she is invaded randomly by high level people, in an attempt to make invaders pretty much the ultimate danger.

This sounds like a pretty interesting idea, albeit there is a rule on the forum about not talking about save editors. I will post up any ideas I have later on.

And I assume you will be streaming this?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:22 am

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. +1 Archmage
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:28 am

SirArchmage wrote:I assume she plans on doing it so that she is invaded randomly by high level people, in an attempt to make invaders pretty much the ultimate danger.

This sounds like a pretty interesting idea, albeit there is a rule on the forum about not talking about save editors. I will post up any ideas I have later on.

And I assume you will be streaming this?
    Yes, the intent is to make it so that I am invaded by invaders that are much, much stronger than me. In addition, being SL100 would make it so that I can not level up as easily. I won't get enough souls from running the burg to even hit SL101. This means I'll have far lower capacity to get my hands on appropriately powerful gear, or to get suitable stats for the area.

I'm not going to discuss the specifics of a save editor, and hope that would be alright since the intent is to entertain rather than grief or promote griefing.

I would consider streaming this.

Here is another two idea's.

This one comes from my brother: 1/1/1.

You have 1 HP, 1 Stamina, and a Soul Level of 1 (to minimize chance of being invaded). You're given a Hacked Crystal Greatsword with which to defeat your opponents quickly, before they defeat you. PvE only. (not much of a fan o that one, but if you like it...)

And another idea I had after seeing some of the things I can do with the editor.

Time is ticking...
    You have Two Hours to defeat the game. This involves defeating 100% of all bosses. When two hours pass, you must reset. You keep all items, and soul levels. The time starts when the undead assylum's boss first lands.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:33 am

Time is ticking sounds like it would be a fun watch. Your brother's idea I would need to see in action, as described I'm not too sure abut it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 am

Rynn wrote:Time is ticking...
    You have Two Hours to defeat the game. This involves defeating 100% of all bosses. When two hours pass, you must reset. You keep all items, and soul levels. The time starts when the undead assylum's boss first lands.
    Majora's Mask much?

Also, I like the Chaos Mode idea. Seems pretty cool.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:29 am

No further comments or suggestions?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 am

Rynn wrote:No further comments or suggestions?
    Could put Intelligence and Faith to the max, and all other stats at 1. Then run through the game with only miracles and sorceries? Other then that couldn't think of much anything, plus I could easily see every boss fight ending with a quick Crystal Soul Spear to the face
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:38 am

Are you doing this on console...

While i do posses the pc verision i prefer to do this on a console?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:40 am

I'd be doing this on X-box.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:53 am

Thought of this idea:

Yin/Yang

Hack your health to 2000
    Apply Power Withins health drain to your character permanently.
    Apply Servers HP steal to fists, also maybe wear Ring of the Black Eye or whatever its called.

Run through game on NG, using no healing, and only using bonfires to set your spawn point.

Will of course need tweaking to specific HP to suit how rough a challenge you want.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 am

I don't think this challenge is actually possible for me to set up, as fun as it sounds. I don't know how to hack the severs life on hit effect onto other items, nor how to perma-stab myself with powerwithin.

Theoretically I could do a similar challenge where I have 150 seconds to beat -any- area via the use of power within. I'd have no armor and nearly infinite HP (which power within simply wouldn't care about), so that getting hit stuns me. But this oddly just doesn't sound fun to me since I'm very capable of killing anything in a short timespan with power within active.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 am

I have one: No poise, dual Cestus (you can only Raw upgrade them) run. You don't even really need an editor.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am

Idea: Man of Steel
    You start at a normal SL with 9999 HP and 99 VIT, you also have "Havel+5" set and 99 RES and 99 END. You can only attack with fists. You must complete the game by killing all bosses WITHOUT HEALING ONCE, that means also no bonfires.
    Exception rule: You can only use Divine Blessings to heal
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:46 am

Another idea, not sure if its possible to setup though.

Eye for an Eye:

Start off as normal, usual base stats for everything but hack your HP up to something ridiculous (9999 could work, but you might need more. You'll be able to estimate how much by the end of this post hopefully).
    Then if possible, make it so every point of damage you throw out is reflected back on you, in addition to enemies dealing damage as usual.

No healing, no bonfires (if possible) or bonfires to set spawn points.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 am

Please oh please do flaming dung pies...please.bounce
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Animaaal wrote:Please oh please do flaming dung pies...please.bounce

The true version of the Molotov **** bounce
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Man of Steel simply doesn't sound fun. Editing enemy statistics, or giving myself implicit buffs/debuffs such as power within is probably outside of my understanding of what I'm doing here, or maybe impossible completely.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Hack health down to ~200. Get Endurance to 99, give yourself tons of Stamina Regen.

Fatroll challenge it up ;D
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm

I have 2.

1)  Start off as normal or with a Sl 100 build. Begin the game on Ng+7 while perma gravelorded.
    2) Increase your Hp to 9999, but decrease all your resistances to 1. Meaning you'll bleed ang get poisoned/cursed easily. For added fun, add ailments to some mobs and give your shiels ailment protection.

3) Add mobs to boss zones.
    4) Give yourself 1 hp.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Boss Madness Mode!
    Simply put, fight two of each boss (except Bed of Chaos of course) by copying them or adding in an extra one as a phantom. That means, when you go up to the Undead Burg battlements, you'll find a second Taurus Demon. There'll be two gargoyles at first, joined by two of the tail-less fire breathers later. Doesn't sound too hard? Well just have fun with double Ornstein and double Smouth.

Of course, if that's still not hardcore enough it can easily be combined with any of the other challenges above.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:19 pm

I like that last idea.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 pm

The mimic

Start as SL100, geared out to kill anyone.  Start with all gear, unupgraded.  Wait for an invader, kill him, then you start the game.  You must use whatever the invader was using, regardless of your stats; plan accordingly.  You must always fight any invader, you must always use the dried finger.

Basically can force you to use gear you're not that accustomed to.

Edit:
    On second thought might make for a boring game, especially if you're clearing areas quickly.

Other thought would be to make the game fun, force yourself to a style you're not accustomed to.  Fat roll, try weapons you haven't used before, dual wield.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Sadly that's also beyond my capacities... I'd love to do that, it sounds crazy and fun, but there is limitations to what I can do.

The mimic sounds like a very interesting idea, but more as a PvP build. I'd be forced to gather all possible gear, and be SL100. After every PvP fight I must switch to the gear of my last opponent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm