Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Hugh_G_Johnson
Ghadis_God
reim0027
Dibsville
Animaaal
Lasombra2nd
Djem
Uparkaam
Soris Ice Goldwing
IV_Mark_VI
Seignar
skarekrow13
tonberryking01
Odinbear
Exequim
Elifia
LunarFog
Carphil
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dr__Awkward
24 posters

Creatures You have never defeated

Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Creatures You have never defeated Empty Creatures You have never defeated

Post by Dr__Awkward Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Just a random thought. There have seen lots of creatures and monsters that I have never bothered to kill. Usually I attempted at a low level in my first ever playthrough, but failed, and never tried to kill them again. I should have a stronger level of curiosity about what they drop, and more pride just to say I have killed everything. Ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

1. titanite Demon in the small room in Anor Londo
    2. The moonlight butterflies in Crystal Cave
    3. The crystal giants outside the castle in Duke's
    4. The toxic little buggers in blighttown
    5. The boulder rolling titheads
    6. The firebomb throwing guys in undead rooftop
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Creatures You have never defeated Empty Re: Creatures You have never defeated

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Honestly, can't think of any.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:14 pm

I don't think i'm missing anything. That's the only reason I haven't done anything about it. I just leave them be if it doesn't benefit me:p
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I skip a bunch of mobs, but I've killed all of them once. However, there is one type of mob that I've only killed in maybe two playthroughs out of a billion, the upper blighttown infected people
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:31 pm

I think I've only killed the boulder rolling giants once in my entire life.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Am I the only person that has never killed a moonlight bitterly in the cave..??
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Dr__Awkward wrote:Am I the only person that has never killed a moonlight bitterly in the cave..??

Maybe, on Intelligence builds I hit them a couple times with a CSS hoping to get a Blue Slab. Never got the drop, but I hear they drop them.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I've killed everything at least once. As for your examples:

1. titanite Demon in the small room in Anor Londo
    Can easily be killed from the balcony above it. Bring a crossbow, some sorceries or lightning spears. I killed it in melee too, though.

2. The moonlight butterflies in Crystal Cave
    There's some obstacles you can hide behind. You'll never get hit. Just keep shooting arrows.

3. The crystal giants outside the castle in Duke's
    Cleared it because there's some loot hidden in the corners.

4. The toxic little buggers in blighttown
    You mean the guys shooting poison darts? Naturally I killed those, they're so damn annoying, and they don't respawn.

5. The boulder rolling titheads
    Let them roll, then backstab. Not that hard.

6. The firebomb throwing guys in undead rooftop
    They're kinda annoying, they're easy to kill, and they drop free firebombs. Why would you not kill them?

Last edited by Elifia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Exequim
    Exequim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exequim Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm

I've never had a range build, so I have never bothered with the Crystal Butterflies. I just recently started killing the Clams, so they would be on the list. Everything else usually dies.

On my very first playthrough, I killed every undead "bottom" dragon in Izalith. But now I never bother with them anymore. Too much effort.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Exequim wrote:I've never had a range build, so I have never bothered with the Crystal Butterflies. I just recently started killing the Clams, so they would be on the list. Everything else usually dies.

On my very first playthrough, I killed every undead "bottom" dragon in Izalith. But now I never bother with them anymore. Too much effort.
    Did you just say, " Too much effort?". laughing
    Thumbs and forefinger action is all that is needed.  Lol
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm sure I have several. Let's see...

1. Gwyndolin - A surprising one, but I've never stuck with a faith build long enough to want the sunlight blade or his crown.

2. The big cats in the forest - I may have killed them in the early days of the game, not sure. But, I haven't even gone to their area or seen them since the PC version came out.

3. The Stray Demon in the asylum. As Dr Awkward said, I failed to beat him at a low level my first playthrough, and haven't felt any pressing need to kill him since.

4. The titanite Demons in Sen's. Never purposefully gone down to that swampy area at the bottom. The one time I fell down there and survived (first or second playthrough) I was quickly killed. Am I missing any loot down there?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. It's hard to remember something you haven't done. lol
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:57 pm

tonberryking01 wrote:I'm sure I have several. Let's see...

1. Gwyndolin - A surprising one, but I've never stuck with a faith build long enough to want the sunlight blade or his crown.

2. The big cats in the forest - I may have killed them in the early days of the game, not sure. But, I haven't even gone to their area or seen them since the PC version came out.

3. The Stray Demon in the asylum. As Dr Awkward said, I failed to beat him at a low level my first playthrough, and haven't felt any pressing need to kill him since.

4. The titanite Demons in Sen's. Never purposefully gone down to that swampy area at the bottom. The one time I fell down there and survived (first or second playthrough) I was quickly killed. Am I missing any loot down there?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. It's hard to remember something you haven't done. lol

Aside from the cats, you're missing some loot, Stray Demon gives you a titanite slab, which is one of the rarest things in game, but you don't really neeeed it.

The titanite demons in Sens drops demons titanite, required to upgrade bosses weapons, and they don't respawn. You also find a Scythe weapon in the pit.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 pm

I took probably about an hour figuring out how to kill Rickert.  I've killed everything.  Several times.  

And now I kill Rickert......EVERY time
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Aside from the cats, you're missing some loot, Stray Demon gives you a titanite slab, which is one of the rarest things in game, but you don't really neeeed it.

The titanite demons in Sens drops demons titanite, required to upgrade bosses weapons, and they don't respawn. You also find a Scythe weapon in the pit.

Yeah, but I usually only need to take one weapon to +15 per build, and I just grab the slab from Kalameet's arena. And the few times I've regularly used a boss weapon, I usually got enough demon titanite in other places to upgrade it.

Oh, that's what it is! Recently someone dueled me with that scythe, and I was like, "Wth is that? Never seen that weapon." Maybe I'll go grab it sometime. biggrin
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Black Phantom mobs, with the exception of BPBK
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

I forgot about those.  The only Black Phantoms I've killed are the hollow clan in the Burg.  Stupid uncommon gravelording.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Are you always playing on NG+?

Moonlight butterflies are the only ones I kill.  I kill every boss on every playthrough, for the fun.  Most enemies as well.  I'm also a packrat; I collect a ton o feverything, but give it away, it has no benefit to me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Yeah, generally speaking I'm on NG+ or higher
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:56 pm

In my current playthrough, NG+5 lvl42, I've been gravelorded in Anor Londo, lower Blighttown, and Sens.  Love that Gravelording!

If I had a schedule, I'd love to do a coop gravelording tour.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I never killed those Moonlight Butterflies in the Crystal caves. I never knew how and I don't think it is worth it.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:04 pm

-Crystal Cave Butterflies
    -Rickert
    -Female Undead Merchant
    -a "good" version of a vagrant (I encountered one in New Londo, but all my swings missed waiting)
    -some of the BP mobs
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Go kill Rickert.  Right now. He deserves it
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Wait, NPCs and Black Phantom versions of mobs count too? In that case, add all BPs and nearly all NPCs to my list. I've never been Gravelorded while on a NG+ character, and I don't like killing friendly NPCs.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Elifia wrote:Wait, NPCs and Black Phantom versions of mobs count too? In that case, add all BPs and nearly all NPCs to my list. I've never been Gravelorded while on a NG+ character, and I don't like killing friendly NPCs.

lol, exactly the same with me. I'm guessing Friendly NPC does not count in this situations.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm

I've killed all NPC's at least once, and all mobs except the Moonlight Butterflies in Seath's cave. Never bothered with those, since I never made a build that requires farming Blue titanite Slabs. Now that this thread reminded me of it though, I will go kill them tomorrow. Just to complete the list.

Edit: I've been gravelorded a few times, and killed some BP's, but most certainly not all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am