Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
drdrack
StiffNipples
6 posters

Hypermage Testing

StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Hypermage Testing Empty Hypermage Testing

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Been having a little fun in the Forest with my Hypermage, decided to see what sort of power I could get if I went with the Manus Catalyst, turns out it's a s**tload.

Managed to get 2500dmg with 1 blast of Pursuers on the 4 Kings (without RTS equipped), CSS did about 1600dmg in comparison, Dark Bead did similar to Pursuers.

Ain't nobody living through this, will be cool to see how much damage it does to people with GMB on, should still hit for around 500dmg I reckon (old build hit for around 350dmg through GMB).

Testing 1

Testing 2 (with Manus Catalyst)

Currently tossing up whether to take it to ~SL200 and go 99int 99str for maximum silliness, but I think the PvP on PC might be a bit scarce that high, considering I can't host.
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Hypermage Testing Empty Re: Hypermage Testing

Post by drdrack Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Correct me if i am wrong here, but isn't 1600 * (1-.85) = 240?

Anyway, this is my next character, no online souls for the moment might as well get some giggles one shotting most bosses.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:34 pm

drdrack wrote:Correct me if i am wrong here, but isn't 1600 * (1-.85) = 240?

Sorry it's early morning here, you've lost me. Is this to do with GMB? If so I Bead Blasted a guy with GMB on for about 350dmg with my old build, not with CSS. Also 1600dmg on 4 Kings with CSS isn't on par with the damage it does to the Stone Dragon, it seems Dark Magics so much more damage than Soul Magics to the 4 Kings, for whatever reason (lore related maybe?).

drdrack wrote:Anyway, this is my next character, no online souls for the moment might as well get some giggles one shotting most bosses.

I would highly recommend it, it's hard at points (mostly the start) but so satisfying to take down the 4 Kings in only 2 Kings, and 3 shot Manus with CSS  Joy

I did most of the game without weapons, but I have used the Moonlight Greatsword and the Channelers Trident (to dance). When in Hypermode Moonlight GS is pretty beasty biggrin
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Oops, you had the catalyst equipped, basic mistake on my part

One problem i see with this build though is that not only you will get one shotted by all the bad guys, but power within can kill you fairly fast.

That is assuming power within takes account of your complete total hp, and not your gimped hp.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 pm

If you watch the first vid you can see that with Dusks Crown Ring and Curse Power Within can be mitigated completely with Sanctus, when I swap out Dusks for Bellowing only then do I start to lose health.

The point of this build is that I can stay in the RTS zone for the entire duration of Power Within, but yes, anything will kill me as I only have 25hp max.

I just throw on Bellowing to show what damage is possible, if it wasn't patched out I would just get cursed twice and use Bellowing instead of Dusks Ring and go to NG+ for the extra casts. As it is though Dusks gives me more spells and essentially cancels out the reduced spells from using the TCC or MC.

It is a proper glass cannon though, non of this '35vit ima glass cannon' stuff, it's either 'you get one shot or I get one shot'.

I've been killed by some chap in Thorns armour rolling into me, that was a little embarrassing Look Skyward
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm

It isn't completely mitigated. On my 9 vit build, I lose about 6-7 HP while PW is active.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 pm

From testing I've done with 8vit on this character it will bounce between 3 numbers (so like 18 -> 17 -> 19 -> 18 -> 17 -> etc) for the entire duration of Power Within, I'll throw a vid up tonight if you want.

I pretty regularly rock perma-hypermode on my SL1 guys (10vit) as well so I'll do some testing and see if it drops but from memory I'm pretty sure it does the same thing and just bounces around the same spot.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:06 am

My toon is Sorcerer (lowest vitality) and cursed with dusk ring.  From start to finish, I lose about 6 hp.  Either way, it is meaningless, since PW won't kill me, and I can be killed in 1 hit regardless.

And, yeah, the Hypermage PWNs everything.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 am

Just out of curiousity, what kind of damage could you get out of a hypermode + PW boosted arrow on a bow?

For example using dragonslayer great bow or another longer range bow + hawk ring + RTSR + PW + head shot, how much damage would that output?

Actually being able to 1-shot people with the sniper xbow would potentially be one of the greatest things ever.  A lot of forest gankers stand still while waiting for you, after all big grin.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Not sure, I haven't tried it out. I have 50int and 40str atm and only 16dex so I wouldn't be getting very good damage numbers.

However, since I got the Dragon Body I did a little mucking around with a Moonlight GS Hyperdragon in the Forest last night, against the Forest defenders (making my way to rejoin the covenant) I did about 1300 -1900dmg, and against other players I did about 900 with the 1HR2 and about 175 chip damage with the 2HR1 big grin

So I think with the right build you could get some epic numbers, especially with Goughs bow.

HOWEVER, if you wear the Hawk Ring you have to forego Dusks Ring, and this means that you won't be able to mitigate the drain of Power Within completely and you'll only get about 30ish seconds in Hypermode, enough for 1 surprise shot though.
    Also I wouldn't expect people to be fooled by this twice, but still it would be awesome to do.

I have a low level Hyperdragon that I've been umming and ahhing on whether to delete or not, you've just given him a purpose big grin
    I was going to go with faith to see how much damage I could get out of WotG, but I'll go 40/40 quality instead and see what sort of damage I can do, maybe get 50str one day just to see if what I can hit with a DMB buffed Dragon King Greataxe twisted
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

My hypermage can do 1,800 damage per CSS to Manus. That's full health to dead in 4 hits (on NG).
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 pm

I managed to hit kill him with 3 casts of CSS when I finally beat him, most casts did around that mark, but 1 hit him for nearly 3k, no idea how, guessing some form of counter damage.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 am

Try faith.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:19 am

My 40/40 Quality uses Gough's bow. In Super Hypermode (RTSR+PW) It can headshot for ~1400. Not quite enough to 1 shot. But I was aiming at A dude in 3 piece Giants, so targets in softer armor with less Def. to deal with might just get OHKOed.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:11 am

Dibsville wrote:Try faith.

My currently HyperDragon has 30 faith, so I was heading towards a buff build using just the Dragon weapons. But then I though maybe I'll try to one/two shot people with WotG.

Also even with a +5 Drake Sword, Hypermode, and the Dragon Roar buff the 2HR2 is still pretty useless haha.

Good to know Jan, I think I'll give it a go, should make for a few fun invasions at least big grin
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 am

50 Faith WotG can hit over 1500+.

DMB on it is insane.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:47 am

PW Crown Ring WoG is a two shot on pretty much any build possible assuming both hit and no GMB or such has taken place.

Full Hypermode WoGs are Risky and can sometimes OHKO, but not consistently enough that I'd personally take that risk.

Now against a gank squad with KJ on as well... yeah 1500WoG+1200KJ = 3 Dead Gankers
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:47 am

I'd love to try DMB on a Greatsword with 40/40 and nail someone with a dragon roar buffed counter with it's thrust attack, but I would need to be part of the Darkmoons for that to happen, and on PC I just won't get the invasions sad

Getting close for WotG doesn't worry me, I've been doing it lately with the Moonlight GS and it's been pretty fun if there's not too much lag. I've done the Pursuers + Dark Bead combo and I think I lost 3 out of about 100 matches, it's just silly easy.

I think I'll go 99 faith Wog Warrior silly
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:48 am

StiffNipples wrote:I'd love to try DMB on a Greatsword with 40/40 and nail someone with a dragon roar buffed counter with it's thrust attack, but I would need to be part of the Darkmoons for that to happen, and on PC I just won't get the invasions :(
    Cracked Red Eye Orb.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:43 am

My 40/40 Quality uses Gough's bow. In Super Hypermode (RTSR+PW) It can headshot for ~1400. Not quite enough to 1 shot. But I was aiming at A dude in 3 piece Giants, so targets in softer armor with less Def. to deal with might just get OHKOed.

Impressive.  With dragon roar you might indeed be able to 1-shot someone.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 am

Dibsville wrote:Cracked Red Eye Orb.

Cursed.

Unless the Cracked orbs work different to the Red Eye Orb, can't be 100% but pretty sure I need to be human to use them, haven't used them for a long time.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 am

Shouldn't be cursed on a hyper faith.

That's only useful for hypermage.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Anyone who's Cursed with DuskRing on makes good use of Santus, lets them stay in PW range basically the whole duration.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Dibsville wrote:Shouldn't be cursed on a hyper faith.

That's only useful for hypermage.

What's the difference?

Both should be able to be in RTS range for the entire duration of Power Within, which necessitates the use of Dusks Crown Ring while cursed. The only difference I see is one uses faith and the other intel.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Tried faith.  Not as powerful on Manus as the CSS.  Stiff - are you sure you were buffed with a trident, or someone else didn't hit him?  3K is obscene.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm